1. Having trouble logging in by clicking the link at the top right of the page? Click here to be taken to the log in page.
    Dismiss Notice

Brendan Rodgers Discussion Thread

Discussion in 'Celtic Chat' started by Lewis Kerr, Jun 19, 2023.

Discuss Brendan Rodgers Discussion Thread in the Celtic Chat area at TalkCeltic.net.

1. Henrik 07 Gold Member Gold Member

Crilly likes this.
  2. Ryanm1984

Fav Celtic Player:
    Kyogo
    Most animated iv ever seen him on the touchline in either spell.

He's right in what he says, this is time when we all come alive. It's what champions do while the rest wilt in the pressure of it

Crilly and Wllm like this.
  3. Bhoyyo

Fav Celtic Player:
    Forrest
    Fav Celtic Song:
    jelly & icecream when rangers die
    Couldn't stick the guy at times this year but fair play to him, his talent as a manager seems to be shining through, at last.

Crilly likes this.
  4. The Prof Administrator Administrator

Fav Celtic Player:
    Jinky
    I've completely forgiven him, think we have seen a more human side of him this season, it's not been a vintage season but i'm glad he came back.

5. celtic20

He's really confident about next weekend, good to see. Huge match. Win it and 3-in-a-row is secured. Draw it and we're still just about there.

Solid position we're in here

HoopyT likes this.
  6. Random Review

Fav Celtic Player:
    Jinky (ever) Lubo (modern era), KT (current)
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Fields of Athenry
    If he gets us over the line, I will forgive him for last time. He'll have earned it. Make it happen, Brendan.

bhroom and The Prof like this.
  7. Henrik 07 Gold Member Gold Member

Celtic manager Brendan Rodgers looked forward to “a bit of fun” against Rangers after a 3-0 victory over Hearts set up what could be a derby to remember for the Parkhead faithful.

Kyogo Furuhashi’s first-half double and a late penalty from Matt O’Riley moved Celtic six points and eight goals clear with three cinch Premiership games remaining, their next a home clash against the Light Blues next Saturday.

Rangers have a game in hand against Kilmarnock on Sunday but anything less than a home win at Ibrox would open the door to Celtic clinching a third consecutive title against their city rivals.

There was a vibrant atmosphere inside Celtic Park as the home side emerged on top from an open first quarter and went on to dominate with Hearts goalkeeper Zander Clark keeping the score down.

A banner in the standing section saw Celtic fans declare themselves “impatient for the coming fight” and Rodgers feels his full-strength squad are in a healthy psychological place ahead of the biggest match of the season.

Rodgers said: “It’s felt it’s getting back to what I want it to be. A bit of the norm.

I said before the first six months were a challenge for everyone and everything. But now you start to see a bit more of what a Celtic team of mine should look like.

“And still with a lot of work to do to get it to that point. But it’s certainly heading in the right direction.

“Eighty per cent of it now is mental. Physically they are in a really good place. This stage it’s all about mentality. You can see mentally we are in a really good place.

“Take nothing for granted, keep our composure, we have a lot of work to do in the week, get our plan ready and then next Saturday we can have a bit of fun.”

Furuhashi capitalised on balls over the Hearts defence from Reo Hatate and O’Riley to claim his first double of the season.

Rodgers said: “These are big games at this time of the season so you want big contributions from your best players and I thought our top players were great.

“The quality of the goals, the composure, the penalty, we had other chances to score. It felt like a great Celtic day.

The energy rolled from the stands down onto the field and hopefully the fans were happy with that.

“They were happy. I don’t think we were over-celebrating. Celtic-Hearts is an important game with four to go in the season.

“I think there was a happiness in how we played and performed that gave the crowd a great energy.

“You saw the players walking round at the end, nice and calm, taking the applause but also being respectful that we still have a job to do. A big job.

“But they did a big job today and we can now get ready. I’m so looking forward to it next week.”

Crilly likes this.
  8. Sween

A lot of people said it earlier in the season but clearly something was going on behind the scenes that really impacted Rodgers. For months this season he just looked flat, sounded unmotivated, and just didn't seem to want to be here. The last month or two he clearly has the fire back in his belly and a bit of swagger. We will probably never know what it was but hopefully he can really push on from here.

9. straighttalker

Fav Celtic Player:
    Big Vic
    He knows how to get under there skin with his lil subliminal messages "we can have a bit of fun " lololol

10. Henrik 07 Gold Member Gold Member

11. Mr Shelby Moderator Moderator Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Larsson. Forever and always.
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Symphony
    Excellent today.

Hopefully see this over the line. I'm still backing him but we really need to invest thos summer. I'm still massively concerned about the behind the scenes stuff with recruitment.

12. Big C

Since the game at the piggery, where we should have won easily, his demeanour has been one of complete confidence.

HoopyT likes this.
  13. jambo_cfc

Next season we see the real Rodger’s team. Came with a lot on his back (me being one ) that second half display from us was superb and we need to get to a level where we start like that

14. Double Dutch

Fav Celtic Player:
    CalMac
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Celtic Symphony
    Big man is walking on air tonight, * superb Brendan bhoy :BR1:

15. murphy88

I think this is the most I’ve ever wanted a manager to succeed. He is a quality manager who has been sold short this season. There is still a section of our support who you can tell are itching to get tore into him. Even when we have won recently the knives have been out. * embarrassing. Even today, when we have tore apart Hearts, there are still folk trying to highlight negatives. These fans will never back Rodgers sadly. Get us over the line Rodgers and continue the legacy you have created here.

16. Hammy89 Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Larsson, McNamara, Moravčík, Boruc and Boyd
    Fav Celtic Song:
    YNWA, Fields Of Athenry and The Celtic Song
    I see his words about having fun next weekend has them absolutely rattled.

Rodgers has had a few sound bites that has got under their skin and it's worked, whereas they've got some idiot contradicting himself, giving feeble excuses or/and trying to say something smart but make him look like a bald Kris Boyd.

One is definitely winning the mind game war. The other doesn't even understand he's lost it already.

17. Double Dutch

Fav Celtic Player:
    CalMac
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Celtic Symphony
    What about those of us who are behind him, but are honest enough to admit he's had his fair share of underachievement this season? Are we exempt from your 'embarrassing' summation?

18. Double Dutch

Fav Celtic Player:
    CalMac
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Celtic Symphony
    Glorious :56:

Creativecelt, Hammy89 and honda like this.
  19. murphy88

You just stick to sucking aff Lawwell’s tadger.

oh bhoy and McKagan like this.
  20. NomDePlum

Fav Celtic Player:
    Danny McGrain
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Fields of Athenry
    We get it mate. You are a fan boy. Fair enough.

Not seen many negatives today, but there's been a fair few this season. Today was pretty special but there's been a lot this season that's far from it.

People see things differently. They actually think Rodgers has some responsibility. Not sure why you have such a problem with that.

Can you have a legacy after one year, particularly where you win less than the previous year? What's the legacy?