1. Having trouble logging in by clicking the link at the top right of the page? Click here to be taken to the log in page.
    Dismiss Notice

Ange Postecoglou

Discussion in 'Ex Players' started by Mr. Slippyfist, May 29, 2021.

Discuss Ange Postecoglou in the Ex Players area at TalkCeltic.net.

1. celtic warrior

Come on Ange, win the * league.

Show up the Scottish and English media for their stupidness and love in for Gerrard.

Watch them all squirm out of explaining how some Aussie * from Japan beat the almighty giant of managerial wonderment im Gerrard

2. Foley1888

Overall was a decent performance with a good level of control. Looked more solid across the par.

One thing I thought really stood out was in possession I don’t think we gave the ball away as cheaply as we have in other games which probably played a part in minimising our defensive vulnerability.

We weren’t as good in the final third with our decision making or chance creation, the final ball was poor too often.

Positives Boli came in and done fine bar the bombscare moment which could have cost us a penalty and a nervy finish, but then Motherwell should have been down to 10 for Mugabe’s tackle on Turnbull, that’s the 5th time this season someone has tackled one of our players like that studs up over the ball and only one has saw red, which is ridiculous.

Giakoumakis looks like he could have something to offer, Rogic I thought had a really good game and Jota for the first hour was good again.

3. World Champion

At the railroad bar, about seven o'clock.
    Still unsure if he's the answer, but things are getting better.

martin_d likes this.
  4. Twisty Rodgers out !!! Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Lubo
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Celtic Symphony
    Up to 4th in the SPFL :ange:

5. jambo_cfc

Early days but if ange can win this league it wouldbbe up there with one a the greatest in our history considering the exits , rebuild and early injuries he has had , jullien back and another 3 in in January should be enough i think

KevMan and martin_d like this.
  6. Wllm Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Henrik Larsson
    Out of curiosity but did Ange deploy inverted full backs today? I felt we were better covered down the flanks and Ralston and Boli seemed to be constantly overlapping on the outside? I can't really remember them playing through the middle.

martin_d likes this.
  7. martin_d

Fav Celtic Song:
    Willie Maley Song
    Hoping he’s learned his lesson on that.

Wllm likes this.
  8. McChiellini..

Fav Celtic Song:
    For those who are in love.....
    It would be right up there for one of the best ever for me. Would feel unbelievable if we can get it done..

9. Fontaine Gold Member Gold Member

Yes

Wllm likes this.
  10. Wllm Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Henrik Larsson
    Cheers mate :)

Fontaine likes this.
  11. murphy88

Two very tricky away games either side of the international break, and he has passed both tests. I wouldn’t say we have been anywhere near our best in either game, but with our away form the way it was, he just had to find a way to win, and we have done that. When we have everyone fit and firing, he has got us playing some very good stuff. We are getting players back now and hopefully we can get the rest back without losing anyone else. Defensively I thought we looked better today, and with Jullien on his way back, that can only help. Given what he took over, I think it’s hard to be too critical at this stage.

12. grazor

Long, long, long way to go before his system is clicking but at least its only a four point gap now. Hopefully celtic have hit their valley and it is up hill from here

13. Scubaroo

Yeah he did, and for the first time it really felt like we had the numbers in midfield and dominated that space because of it.
    When we had those two massive wins early on I felt like we were just bypassing midfield and relying on individual skill. This was different.

Wllm likes this.
  14. Garrymac1888 Gold Member Gold Member

Cheers mate, was thinking about how best to summarise my thoughts....you nailed it.

murphy88 likes this.
  15. solojames86

Fav Celtic Player:
    Georgios Samaras
    Ange Postecoglou celebrating with Celtic fans at Firhill - Motherwell 0-2 Celtic - 16/10/21

16. straighttalker

Fav Celtic Player:
    Big Vic
    Great to see, no manager will ever top the Ronnie Roar though

17. Foley1888

Just thinking about the start to this season and there are some amount of similarities to Gordon Strachans first season. Not so much in playing style but circumstances.

A big turnover in our playing staff, a ropey start with questions being asked particularly about our defence but scoring goals. Another team outside us and them making a decent start Hearts. Lost the first Glasgow derby. Them not really firing, the main difference has been us losing silly games that means we are chasing.

Hopefully get the same outcome In the end of winning the league.

Leone Naka Fan likes this.
  18. Bhoyyo

Fav Celtic Player:
    Forrest
    Fav Celtic Song:
    jelly & icecream when rangers die
    Looking ahead Rangers have quite a difficult run of games in December - away to Hearts, Hibernian and Aberdeen, as well as a home game against Dundee United. We are home to Hibs, Hearts and away to Dundee United. I fancy us to to take more points that month than them and then hopefully gub them on January 2nd to enter the run-in at the top of the table.

19. moravcik1888

Fav Celtic Player:
    Paul McStay
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Fields of Athenry
    When you consider the * show that Ange was left with at the start of the season his main objective was to get a decent team together before it was too late and we were out of the Title race. We are showings signs that we have a solid team and we are only 4 points behind the league leaders, it really is game on now and all to play for. Need to show some consistency now and with a few good additions in January this could be a vintage season for us.

The big Viduka likes this.
  20. LectersLuncheon

Fav Celtic Player:
    Henke
    Fav Celtic Song:
    all of them
    It would appear the Daily Ranger have started their *.

Understandable really... We stole a march on Sevco this weekend, Slippys tactics are looking questionable and Ange has carved out two great wins in tricky ties.

But theyre not gonna go after Slippy, not when he's so close to the, ahem, Newcastle job. (Is he *).

So they've went after Ange.

In a clickbait "article" designed to give the mutants across the city something to distract themselves with.

"The SEVEN times Celtic boss Postecoglou has delivered his "mate" catchphrase"

Alongside the subheading "The Australian hasn't held back from dropping post match rants".

What follows is a litany of what this * wipe of a media outlet describes as "rants", which are little more than biting retorts to stupid and inflammatory questions from parasite smsm Sevco sycophants.

All of it littered with spelling and grammatical errors, such was the desperation to publish it without even handing it to an editor to proof read.

Throw in a bit of * taking about the cultural linguistics of his homeland and boom... Mutants appeased.

Forgetting the fact that Ange actually TALKS to these * vermin for free, unlike other managers, they don't even have the * good grace to just let him a have a good weekend.

Nothing to criticise? Let's rip the pish out of his accent and his use of "mate".

Good news is....

He's getting to them.