1. Having trouble logging in by clicking the link at the top right of the page? Click here to be taken to the log in page.
    Dismiss Notice

Celtic to face Class Action over Boy's Club abuse

Discussion in 'Celtic Chat' started by Colin Robinson, Oct 5, 2021.

Discuss Celtic to face Class Action over Boy's Club abuse in the Celtic Chat area at TalkCeltic.net.

1. joemc

The culture we now live in were topics like this that are so sensitive, people are terrified of saying anything for fear of being rounded upon and bullied by the majority who feel that it is correct to own up ,( to wot ) pay up ,accept responsibility for wot , this abuse happened in a place that has links to us ,there are many places linked to our club are we responsible for anything that happens in those places , are we * , and I'm not gonna sit and say * all from fear of response from others , I'm quite sure some in this post are genuine in their feelings regarding this issue but , this post is a rangers fans dream and I'm not 100% certain that wot we are seeing here can be taken as a marker for how we feel about this thing , do I want the club to pay money , absolutely not , that line is admiting we did wrong and that has to be proven ,so I don't get the response of posters who want this , as that will stay with the club forever ,this fuking hurts our club forever , if you love the club why would you want to see that happen , I don't trust some of the stuff I'm reading on here , I think no good can come from this thread and should be closed , it should be left to authorities to deal with ,it's too sensitive and some on here will have a different allegiance to us .

Last edited: Oct 9, 2021
    MagicBallBhoy likes this.
  2. King of Kings

Fav Celtic Player:
    boruc
    Think you’re way off the mark personally, but you’re entitled to your opinion.

I don’t believe we should pay out to those involved necessarily, and I can understand the club defending their position. I do believe they should have their day in court however, and should be well compensated financially if the court decides so.

There isn’t a positive outcome to it imo, and I say that from the perspective of the club and those abused. The most important thing though isn’t that the club are found not guilty or guilty - it’s that those who faced abuse have their day, where they’re legally represented in a court environment, and hopefully get a sense of closure irrespective of the outcome.

Paul Kennedy, joemc and Garrymac1888 like this.
  3. LTPS

Fav Celtic Player:
    Bobby Lennox
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Let the people sign
    Away ye go
    Pay compo when you aren’t even guilty of the crime
    Don’t talk *, especially saying I’ve lowered myself to the hun level because I don’t agree that Celtic should throw money at the victims

4. Garrymac1888 Gold Member Gold Member

I'm not even debating with you as we are too far apart.

The abuse of children happened under our watch, seperate entity or whatever wordplay folk want to make.

* like you give me the fear man

Fear Dearg likes this.
  5. joemc

Am with u on that

6. joemc

Exactly the view I fuking detest , if he has an opinion he can air it like you, without the need for assumptions of poor character, its a form of bullying just because he doesn't share the same view .

7. Sean Daleer Free Palestine Gold Member

You were literally saying this thread is infested with huns the other day because some have a different view to you.

8. joemc

I quite honestly believe it is

9. joemc

And your wee addition of #wierdcreepycelticdas ,you can get right to * with that you * , fuking hate c#nts like u , u are wots wrong with this world , no fukin need for * like that .

10. Sean Daleer Free Palestine Gold Member

Seems irony is lost on some folk.

Valhalla likes this.
  11. LectersLuncheon

Fav Celtic Player:
    Henke
    Fav Celtic Song:
    all of them
    Without incriminating myself....

I DON'T believe this is something we should bending to... Legally speaking.

There's absolutely no doubt in my mind that these people deserve their day in court and should be heard.
    There's also no doubt in my mind that this is also being used select few as a means of a shake down.
    And NO, I'm not talking about the victims of these heinous crimes; who in my opinion have been led up the garden path as to what they are "legally entitled" to regarding financial reparations.

It would be foolhardy, naive and absolutely masochistic for the club to start throwing money at this, merely to serve out an endgame of putting it to bed.
    The harsh reality is, once that is done... It will never stop, and be used as a precedent for lawyers and solicitors to come seeking massive payouts which we can't afford.

We're not Man City.

The board, scumbags that they are, have a duty of care towards the fans and shareholders of the club.
    PR wise, they've been absolutely negligent, and could/ should have handled this properly from the get go. Slamming the door shut saying "not our problem" might be legally sound, but from a moral and civic standpoint it's been a disaster.

An open forum should have been set up, where survivors could share their experiences, and the club, through its charitable arm, could have set up a fund, which MANY fans would be happy to contribute to.

The board's ignorance if this has allowed the media and indeed legal representatives of the victims to accurately paint the club as morally ignorant and obtuse.

However, the bottom line is, we CANNOT roll over to these demands. It's just not going to happen. Unfortunately I believe the actions of the victims legal representatives will ultimately lead these people into another state of limbo, as no court is going hold Celtic FC responsible for the horrific abuse based on personal relationships between members of staff at each organisation.

For Christ's sake, Sevco told victims of abuse at Ibrox.... Actually AT Rangers, to go take it up with the administrators.

I truly believe these people are entitled so so much better from EVERYONE. From their legal representatives, from Celtic, from Scottish football and indeed the Scottish Government. But this class action is doomed to failure, and will only cause them more pain.

Celtic have to act NOW. Whether the club is right or wrong in its legal standpoint is moot. The club need to sit down with these people, come to an understanding and an accomodation, so they can have closure, and we can draw a line under this horrific business.

Anything else will just breed contempt, on either side, or quite possibly both.

12. Garrymac1888 Gold Member Gold Member

He can have a view, but I'm not wanting to discuss it. Batter in.

I believe the view of some fans and it not being a club issue would be * in their pants if this was the huns and coning out with the same Penn State crap.

This is a subject that like so many has a personal meaning for me and close family members have suffered, so you are probably right Joe and I'm just seeing things from the point of children being raped.....I'll bail out before I really say some bad things to people.

The Phoenix, Sean Daleer and joemc like this.
  13. Garrymac1888 Gold Member Gold Member

Just seen this one, hahahaha. Aye I,m the problem.

14. joemc

I understand your passion on this , and take bak wot I said , sorry m8 , no one wins here and that's the truth.

Garrymac1888 likes this.
  15. LTPS

Fav Celtic Player:
    Bobby Lennox
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Let the people sign
    Then don’t * reply to my post then if you don’t want to discuss it ya hun *
    I’ve posted many times on this thread and not once did I use abusive language or had it used against any of my posts until a cuntish keyboard warrior (you) started the abusive writing
    Now * off you hypocritical *

16. Colin Robinson Gold Member Gold Member

Paranoia.

17. Garrymac1888 Gold Member Gold Member

Good man Joe, appreciated bud.

It's an emotive subject right enough :50:

joemc likes this.
  18. Garrymac1888 Gold Member Gold Member

Agreed.

19. joemc

I feel an an apology is deserved from yourself Gary for the good celtic fans tagged with weird n creepydas though , I hope u can do that .

20. joemc

It totally fits my character.