1. Having trouble logging in by clicking the link at the top right of the page? Click here to be taken to the log in page.
    Dismiss Notice

Celtic 1 - 1 Dundee United

Discussion in 'Celtic Chat' started by McChiellini.., Sep 23, 2021.

Discuss Celtic 1 - 1 Dundee United in the Celtic Chat area at TalkCeltic.net.

1. Sin

Wait when we don't win a game it has nothing to do with the manager!?

Yes we have injuries but the players he does have are way above what Dundee Utd put out today, we were also at home and yet it's seems fine to just keep blaming injuries for * poor performances, the manager seems to get a pass as it's everyone else's fault but his from some people, it was the same last week after another terrible display!

It's unbelievable how people still keeping jumping to his defence and calling other supporters "clowns" for seeing the guy is clearly out his depth!

TonyTim likes this.
  2. Sonic Reducer

Fav Celtic Player:
    Mr Larsson
    Fav Celtic Song:
    The Celtic Symphony
    He's lasted 2.5 games before getting injured..

3. Slaw Gold Member Gold Member

I never said the manager doesn’t deserve criticism. We should be winning even with those missing players but he is up * creek with this current squad of available players. Soro was a * joke when he came on and Ajeti offers absolutely nothing. So Ange is “clearly out of his depth”.. I wonder were you saying that as we went 2-0 up away to Betis.. or when we beat AZ at Celtic Park?

Chieftain likes this.
  4. Stevie6767

Fav Celtic Player:
    Henrik Larsson
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Sean South
    I'm guessing it's already at the unacceptable level to slaw, like it is to most fans, but getting rid of Ange would not help or improve anything in the slightest and would, in fact, make things even worse and put ius even further behind.

Were a total shambles just now, and it's something only time, money and sticking with the manager is going to improve.

wee green dug, Bonobhoy and Slaw like this.
  5. Slaw Gold Member Gold Member

Exactly

Now is the time to get behind Ange

6. Chieftain

Fav Celtic Player:
    Moravcik
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Willie Maley
    Players get injured all the time. No indication it's long term injury.

7. The Phoenix Black Lives Matter

Fav Celtic Song:
    Lawwell get to fuck
    That sounds a lot but in context means absolutely * all.

Between January last season until the end of the summer we either sold, or were resigned to, at least 11 players leaving the club.

Frimpong, Klimala, Brown, Moi, Ntcham, Duffy, Laxalt, Kenny, Ajer, Christie and Edouard.

Some of these outgoings weren't good enough to begin with so needed upgraded anyway, while the quality players needed to be replaced with similar quality. That was just to stay LEVEL with last year's squad. To improve we needed not just to replace outgoings but to improve and strengthen all other areas that were letting us down.

Our bench hasn't improved one bit and our midfield is even worse than it was before the window shut.

We actually made more money than we spent and having let 11 go, we only brought in 12.

Absolutely diabolical.

8. jpr21

Fav Celtic Player:
    mcgregor
    Fav Celtic Song:
    willie maley
    They need to drop the next points and we need players back ASAP. Only shining light is they look as bad as us , just carrying a bit more luck at the moment.

Artorias likes this.
  9. Sin

You can cherry pick all you want, at the end of the said Betis game I thought he was very much out his depth, even before half time he was!!
    He should have made changes being 2-0 up, he should have taken Soro off, he should have made Betis work harder, he kept it way too open.

I also said on this forum I never thought he would be or was up to the job, I hoped he proved me wrong but every * performance just adds to the fact the he isn't up to the job and he should never been given the job.

10. SwissCelt

Fav Celtic Player:
    Aiden McGeady, Artur Boruc
    Think some on here overestimate the quality of our squad players. Can't really expect better results with the players we have atm. We signed mostly squad players in the summer when everyone cried out for starters and that was what was needed. We see that now. Our squad players are average SPFL players and the results are completely on the board. They downsided us to the point where we are a few injuries away of being an average SPFL side. Even our squad players should be better than what we are now atm. Look at our budget difference to the other clubs.

The Phoenix likes this.
  11. Just Kieran Gold Member Gold Member

Rotten. Poor performance but still had more than enough chances to win the game.

Starfelt looks so unsuited to the style of play the manager seems to want. He is so clearly uncomfortable in possession and teams are already targeting him. Madness that we'd pay a relatively big fee in that situation.

Rogic and Turnbull, for all their technical ability are two of the least dynamic players we've had over the years, and they're being asked to play in a very demanding system that relies a lot on short, sharp sprints into space to receive possession. They're capable of it, but not starting and playing close to 90 minutes twice a week!

McCarthy is another recruited this Summer that doesn't really look suited to the managers style. The difference between him and McGregor in that role is night and day. Movement to get on the ball is pretty poor. He seems to miss a lot of opportunities to receive on the turn and play forward early, instead opting to play the way he's facing and stay safe.

Soro's needless fouls are infuriating. It's borderline brainless. It looks great when he sprints in to nick possession, and when he fires those zipped passes into peoples feet, but so often he's giving a way a foul, giving away possession and it's costing us.

Having hoped Ajeti would come good, he feels like a waste of money. He can look good when you get it into his feet and he backs in to a defender, but his movement is quite poor, he offers no threat in behind, he doesn't seem like he gives teams a problem in the air, but most worryingly is he doesn't really look alive when the ball is coming into the box.

Injuries mounting up on what was already a fairly thin squad. I make it Juranovic, Jullien, Taylor, McGregor, McCarthy, Forrest, Dembele, Johnston, Kyogo & Giakoumakis all out injured? That's 10 potentially out, and I reckon I'd have 6 of them in my starting XI.

George Theodorou likes this.
  12. Cumbernauld Bhoy67

League pretty much finished and we’re not even in October, what a shambles

Morcombe likes this.
  13. moravcik1888

Fav Celtic Player:
    Paul McStay
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Fields of Athenry
    Turnbull scoring the odd 25 yarder has gone some way to hiding his poor performances. He's not doing enough. Rogic was also too quiet. You can mention many reasons why we couldnt win today but a stronger central midfield would have won us the game today.

As for Ajeti he is nothing more than a third choice striker who you can throw on with 15 minutes left and hope the ball will drop at his feet inside the 6 yard box. £5.5 million for that is scandalous.

14. Slaw Gold Member Gold Member

Fair enough you’re entitled to your opinion. Funny how he was doing just fine when he had a panel of players to choose from.

The Don likes this.
  15. ddub11

Not worth your while putting them in mate,their always odds on so adds very little to your winnings if ye get them up but if they dont win your coupons done.

16. The Don

Fav Celtic Player:
    Brown
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Youll never walk alone
    Too many players in that team that are simply not good enough for Celtic. Ajeti is a statue up front an offers us nothing going forward, has no movement and misses sitters. Ismaila Soro consistently passed it to the opposition when he come on I don't actually remember him successfully finding a green and white shirt maybe he thought that we were playing in orange.

17. Sin

You know what his main problem is? He has no idea how to win ugly! In this league you need that.
    He has no plan B never mind Plan C, you need to know how to change it around, you win this league by taking a squad of players and when you have a few out injured you can still win an ugly 1-0, he doesn't have that, he has one way to play, to steamroll the other team and it's not working here.

18. TonyTim Gold Member Gold Member

We have no plan B, we have players out but Ange still sticking to plan A but without the players to carry it out. I keep saying it, a good manager will adapt his system and tactics to the players he has available, Rodgers did it. Ajeti cannot play as a lone striker , he is a penalty box poacher, he needs someone alongside him, so we play 2 up. McCarthy cannot drive forward like CalMac so we get him to sit. A 3-5-2 maybe better suited to the players we have available at the moment, but this inverted full back where we need energy and drive from the midfield is not working. Too slow, too predictable leaving the defence exposed. At this stage of the so called rebuild I was hoping to be at least competitive and hanging around close to the Huns but who would have thought they would have been this bad but us even worse !!, 10 out of 21 points is simply not good enough.

George Theodorou and Morcombe like this.
  19. moravcik1888

Fav Celtic Player:
    Paul McStay
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Fields of Athenry
    Ange said Turnbull is very hard on himself if he doesnt score a goal. Forget * goals, put in a quality midfield performance with good passing, vision, tackling and creativity. Do that and the goals will come not just for him but his team mates. Comes across as not exactly the brightest of sparks, needs to * wake up.

20. Morcombe

Fav Celtic Player:
    Kyogo, Jota, Abada, Taylor, McGregor, the whole team!
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Let the People Sing, This Land is Your land, Over & Over, Green, White & Gold, Hampden in the Sun, E
    10 points from 21 in the opening 7 games. That's all i need to know that this isn't working. if we * up at pittordre on sunday the league is finished, although i think the league's already finished now. we wont go on a 31 league game winning streak so thats us just handed the shower of * across the city an automatic CL spot ffs.