1. Having trouble logging in by clicking the link at the top right of the page? Click here to be taken to the log in page.
    Dismiss Notice

[Matchday] Livingston v Celtic Sunday September 19th kick off 3PM

Discussion in 'Celtic Chat' started by Henrik 07, Sep 16, 2021.

Discuss Livingston v Celtic Sunday September 19th kick off 3PM in the Celtic Chat area at TalkCeltic.net.

1. Lavender Gooms

Fav Celtic Player:
    Broony

This place is brutal man

MagicBallBhoy likes this.
  2. MacEwan Himmy Butler Gold Member

He won’t say it because he’s a troll.

3. McChiellini..

Fav Celtic Song:
    For those who are in love.....
    The one time we fizzed it in through the middle we nearly scored..

4. Slater67

Fav Celtic Player:
    Nakamura
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Hail HailLL
    Tbf mate, it was also a Brendan Rodgers like performance at Livingston the previous 3 seasons, embarrassing we can’t beat a team like, plastic pitch or not in about our last 9 attempts

seanm likes this.
  5. TonyTim Gold Member Gold Member

Shows you how * Livingston have been, their goalkeeper has won their player of the month for the last 2 month !!! We just gave them their first win of the season !

seanm likes this.
  6. seanm

And if you offered me 3 draws against the huns now id eat your hands off.thats how rank rotten we are against an even rank rottener hun side .we need paul mckenna to hypnotise these players to think they are our lisbon lions side of 1967.and no im not * joking. HH

7. Jmac402

Fav Celtic Player:
    Jimmy Johnstone
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Grace
    Never saw the game, but now I’ll likely have to endure watching a particularly gleeful post-match interview from their mouthbreathing * ned manager David Martindale on Sportscene later! The * clearly needs some media training. * off!

8. The Don

Fav Celtic Player:
    Brown
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Youll never walk alone
    Europa was hardly an embarrassment the other night we went to to toe with one of. The best clubs in Spain.

9. Icicle

Need to play more physical when we play Livingston at the Macaroni, we play the same game every time we play the fixture.

MagicBallBhoy and Slaw like this.
  10. Foley1888

Shockingly poor today, really need to get us sorted out as bar a couple of decent performances so far we have been pretty dreadful and * stuff. School boy error defending and pretty blunt in attack bar Kyogo.

11. MacEwan Himmy Butler Gold Member

Happy clapper :giggle1:

Why’s that because I’m not saying the league is over or Ange out? You’re embarrassing yourself.

You’re giving it the February chat which has * all to do with anything. Different manager, different team.

League is over? They just drew to Motherwell. They lost to Dundee United. Don’t talk utter pish. We keep saying how quick Ange has transformed us then there’s * like you flapping when it’s not going our way.

It was never going to be easy. I’m more * off at that game than anyone because we didn’t even play the way we have been, it was like last season. But it’s one game. On to the next one. It’s a * long season.

12. TonyTim Gold Member Gold Member

This is Anges problem, when players are out , of course we will struggle to reach the same highs, however, you need to adapt and adjust your tactics and strengths to the players you have available. For me, Ange is failing to do that.

13. bkk bhoy

Fav Celtic Player:
    Hard to choose ... different players for different era's
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Grace
    I'm sure results will improve when we get a few players back fit.

But we are sitting below Motherwell and Dundee Utd.

We needed a result today to build momentum. They scored with first shot and we didn't respond. THAT is a worry. No urgency , and too late with subs.

McCarthy looks well off it, and we need about 6 signings in January. Just hope we are still in contention because on today's showing we won't be.

14. Just Kieran Gold Member Gold Member

On today in isolation we played pretty well until Livi scored. We were passing quickly and got into good positions but if you don't get the breakthrough when you're on top you always give your opponent a chance. After Livi scored it just felt a bit...inevitable. We huffed & puffed but really we were miles off it.

Too many players to sloppy with their passing, didn't look comfortable defending high balls or set pieces. Struggled to create any actual openings. It just felt all to familiar.

I suppose the new style will take time for everyone to adapt to, and it still looks like we need to get much fitter. I'm sure there will be more days like this to come this season.

Jmac402 likes this.
  15. strike twice

Poor poor stuff today . Hopefully with time to gel , get some players returning from short lay offs and long term injured guys getting up to speed , we can still have a decent season . We were very weak in attack , which is a worry . I certainly won't be writing off the season just yet .

16. Sonic Reducer

Fav Celtic Player:
    Mr Larsson
    Fav Celtic Song:
    The Celtic Symphony
    It's realistic not brutal like our defenders....every game they sell the good work done by the attack, every fukin game.

Welsh today,who will it be next time ?

Take your pick !

17. Fontaine Gold Member Gold Member

Rangers drawing softens the blow a bit but I think it’s gonna be death by a thousand cuts this season, we are really ordinary (same as Lennons team) without Kyogo.

18. The Don

Fav Celtic Player:
    Brown
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Youll never walk alone
    What tactics would you have adapted to? Livingston basically sat every player on the edge of their box and had one or two break aways and scored from one.

19. ddub11

Its ok if teams are counter attacking us to use the tactics he uses but when we have the likes of livi scoring and then sitting back all this passing from the back is pointless.

They were happy to let us do that but once we got the ball up their end we were running into brick walls....imo we may as well just got hart to kick the ball into their box and hope for a bit of luck, as we saw anges tactics didnt work today and i think they will fail more times than succeed when teams sit back against us.

It seems ange has no plan b,maybe the odd change in position for a player but nothing to catch the opponent s out.

bhoy81 likes this.
  20. Bhoyyo

Fav Celtic Player:
    Forrest
    Fav Celtic Song:
    jelly & icecream when rangers die
    Home to Raith in the league cup on Thursday night and then home to Dundee United in the league on Sunday afternoon. Today's loss is a sore one and given our record at Livingston I can just about write it off as a bad day at the office, but those are 2 must-wins next week or the wheels will start to come off the rails of Project Angeball