1. Having trouble logging in by clicking the link at the top right of the page? Click here to be taken to the log in page.
    Dismiss Notice

James Forrest

Discussion in 'Celtic Chat' started by Drakhan, Jul 25, 2015.

Discuss James Forrest in the Celtic Chat area at TalkCeltic.net.

1. JC Anton Get yer, hats, scarfs badges & tapes

Thought we really missed the enthusiastic and potent Abada last night..

Forrest is an excellent deputy tho.. :fear:

2. The Prof Administrator Administrator

Fav Celtic Player:
    Jinky
    Got his goal but would still like to see him get more involved in games.

3. packybhoy Administrator Administrator Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Danny McGrain

I think we could have scored another 2/3 with Abada included. He is so fresh atm and runs at every opportunity. Closing down and attacking with a real vigour. Brilliant inclusion to the team and hope he has a massive season.

JC Anton likes this.
  4. packybhoy Administrator Administrator Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Danny McGrain

Think that will come when he shakes the cobwebs off. His decision making is still a bit slow at times but also with more game time he will not need to think about what he may do next.

martin_d and The Prof like this.
  5. Paradise88

Scored an Abada type goal. Wonder if it's Ange's tactics

6. Paul67 Administrator Administrator

Fav Celtic Song:
    Let The People Sing
    I thought he was largely invisible in the game, then pops up with a goal.

We used to say that was a good trait for a striker.

7. Lupis Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Lubo
    I didn't get to see the game due to some serious pc issues, and had to resort to the radio for it, but he was barely mentioned there and I pretty much forgot he was playing until he scored. He's not been at his best of late but is still contributing with goals and assists at least. Hopefully the competition for his place gets him back on form sooner rather than later, as I think we'll be needing all our top players at their peak this season, due to the number of games we have and the relative lack of depth in the squad currently with, it would appear, no urgency from the club to remedy that.

8. The Prof Administrator Administrator

Fav Celtic Player:
    Jinky
    For me he wouldn't be a starter.

9. Slaw Gold Member Gold Member

He’s certainly behind Abada in the pecking order right now.. but that’s mainly down to Abada. I look forward to his resurgence.

10. Maestro 08

His returns are fantastic but missing that wee bit of something right now. I'm sure it's not far around the corner.

11. Dan Breen

Fav Celtic Song:
    Grace
    Missed a chunk of pre season, so likely not at match sharpness yet. He will be fine, get a new left winger and a striker and we will have * loads of exciting options up front this season.

Maestro 08 likes this.
  12. Noskeil

Fav Celtic Player:
    King of kings
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Willy Maley
    @Minty he done no bad for that goal I’ll give him that lol

Callum McGregor likes this.
  13. Lewis Kerr

Good assist but does anyone else think that overall he's lost something? A yard of pace? Just doesn't look as sharp these days.

I've got to say I've enjoyed Abada's performances more so far. Feels harsh to drop Forrest but I'm not sure he's at the level of some others at the minute.

14. Mr. Slippyfist

Decision making wasn’t the best today, but he still gets the yards in well and gains the yards up the pitch for Celtic.

Not to forget he’s still getting back to full fitness from lengthy injury and covid (I think).

He’ll be a very inportant player for us this season.

Dan Breen likes this.
  15. Officer Doofy Come to me, human man Gold Member

If Abada is fit for Wednesday, he needs to start on the right. Quicker than Forrest and more unpredictable.

Not sure if it’s just Forrest getting back some match sharpness or what, but he’s been very frustrating- despite still contributing.

He’ll be important for us this season, but shouldn’t be one of the first names on the team sheet.

16. bhoy81

from parkhead glasgow but now live in merseyside
    Proved the doubters wrong once again by scoring another important goal once he was put on the right side.

The_Bhoy and Crilly like this.
  17. Noskeil

Fav Celtic Player:
    King of kings
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Willy Maley
    Are you actually taking the *? :56::56::56:

Ball was going wide until it hit the defender. He was non existent when he changed wings “he did this he did that” aye that was pretty much all he done. I’m not slaying him just to be a *, he was genuinely * poor tonight, if he was a new signing you’d be complaining.

18. bhoy81

from parkhead glasgow but now live in merseyside
    Was it yourself who said he couldn’t beat a man in the match thread? when he did in the first half and got away a cracking shot on the left.

Switched wings played much better and scored another important goal.

tracked back and put in a shift, thought he done what was asked from him tonight to be fair.

19. Noskeil

Fav Celtic Player:
    King of kings
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Willy Maley
    First half
    He hit a shot whoopiedo, he rattled over a cross to no one that was the highlights of his first half.

Second half
    Scuffed a shot what was going wide which deflected off a defender and went in, tripped up and played a ball forward (interestingly enough the position he should have been in) and ran into 2 defenders, tripped himself up and started rolling about looking for a free kick.

I’m not sure what game you were watching but he was one of the worst performers for us tonight, when he was on the left he gave no width for Taylor and it was the exact same for Ralston when he went to the right. I’m all for defending players, but when a player plays that bad there is really not much to defend him with. I thought the Abada sub should have been Forrest, he offers much much more in both attack and tracking back. We will see that over the course of the season, but I think he’s past his peak and really can’t see him coming back to what he was under Rodgers.

20. Westlondonscot Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Calmac
    I think it was going on target, not sure it would have gone in without the deflection but the position he got himself in was brilliant.
    Forrest has 3 goals and 3 assists in the last 5 games. If you feel he has made mistakes fine, but you seem to just want to * on him and ignore the positives he brings. If he doesn't provide the width Taylor needs then Taylor needs to improve, Forrest is there to score and get balls in, not babysit a half rate fullback.