1. Having trouble logging in by clicking the link at the top right of the page? Click here to be taken to the log in page.
    Dismiss Notice

Ange Postecoglou

Discussion in 'Ex Players' started by Mr. Slippyfist, May 29, 2021.

Discuss Ange Postecoglou in the Ex Players area at TalkCeltic.net.

1. Mickmac Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    James Forrest
    Fav Celtic Song:
    YNWA
    When he leaves we get a new manager. What happens if we get a DoF and he leaves.
    Tbh I'm not really bothered either way as long as we keep Ange happy for now.

2. George Theodorou

Fav Celtic Player:
    tommy gemmell
    Fav Celtic Song:
    all are good
    Eddy needs a rocket up his * otherwise no club will want him.

Wee Baldy likes this.
  3. The big Viduka

Fav Celtic Player:
    Mark Viduka
    If players dont step up or turn poor form around then they are * off by the big fella.

4. Jukes

In my honest opinion I dont think he will leave for a very long time unless its a ridiculous offer and a project that is interesting to him. Now that he is finally in Europe at one of the greatest clubs in the world, he will want to take you right to the top competing with Europe's best. His long term goal would be to win in the Champions league or at least be ultra competitive and to give this club every chance of winning. You can laugh all you want at that notion but that is what he will try to do , even if can't compete dollar for dollar with the big boys.

Hammy89 likes this.
  5. bkk bhoy

Fav Celtic Player:
    Hard to choose ... different players for different era's
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Grace
    Not until Klopp is gone :83:

Hammy89 likes this.
  6. saltire78

Reckon he'll be gone by start of, or go in, 2024 season. I think CL next season, maybe again next, and by then the board will have worn him down and the offers wil be too much to reject. In fairness, refreshing the boss every 3-4years is probably healthy, if handled correctly.

All based on board not completely * him off this year, and him * them out of it, of course! :fear:

7. Slaw Gold Member Gold Member

Christ he’s only here 2 months lads relax :giggle1:

Ozzie Hoop, JML67, scootz and 5 others like this.
  8. MAP

While there is a lot of water to pass under the bridge, I reckon he'll go before then. As much as people think Celtic is a big step up for him, I suspect he looks at the club as a stepping stone; he is ambitious. Partly the issue will be the limitations of the Scottish league and what it offers (not intended to offend anyone), and the limitations that will exist to compete in Europe.

As a Celtic fan, I will just enjoy the ride for however long it may last, and hope it doesn't end the way Rodgers tenure did!

9. Free the Adblock Gold Member Gold Member

What makes you say that .. :giggle1:

10. Jukes

Its because you Scots are half glass empty pessimistic * while us Aussies are glass half full optimistic *

11. kcbworth

Yes he's ambitious but you can tell from his arrival interviews he sees Celtic as a huge achievement. I think he would happily stay and build a dynasty

Phoenix Rise and The big Viduka like this.
  12. Maestro 08

:56:we're already discussing how long hes going to stay for...3 years, no maybe 5, nah I think shorter, nah but he wants to build a dynasty.

He's been here 2 months and won absolutely nothing yet. Steps are going in the right direction and things are looking promising but let's just deal with him making it to new year never mind hoping he stays on after 5 years lol.

Last edited: Aug 14, 2021
    Free the Adblock and AussieGreek like this.
  13. davidhannah

Celtic were a joy to watch against the Czechs.

He's got the potential. Before I was slating him. Ange imposter cogalou.

He's the gaffer now.

The big Viduka likes this.
  14. Liam Scales Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Broony
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Celtic Symphony, YNWA, Grace
    Seen a headline on Facebook ‘Ange’s latest comments are a breath of fresh air’

didnt open it to see what they are and realised a still agreed with that.

The annoying Aussie’s were right, maybe we should sign Jamie MacLaren man. Worlds upside down, we’re living in their world now.

15. The big Viduka

Fav Celtic Player:
    Mark Viduka
    He has got all the fans on board so thats a start. Giving it to the media is fantastic and I reckon he will be giving it to the board as well. OK he has only been at celtic for a couple of months but * me dead he has put his stamp on the club in such a short amount of time.He is an impressive performer.

Wee Baldy likes this.
  16. Rogicisgod

It is funny the relationship Australia has had with Celtic over many years now. We seem tied to the club. Hail hail!

Wee Baldy likes this.
  17. Liam Scales Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Broony
    Fav Celtic Song:
    We awredy struggle over the Scotland/Ireland thing, don’t be adding another country in fs

18. Hammy89 Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Larsson, McNamara, Moravčík, Boruc and Boyd
    Fav Celtic Song:
    YNWA, Fields Of Athenry and The Celtic Song
    The point is if we have a DoF and a manager, when one leaves, the other will help with the transitioning of the next employee.

If everything is reliant on Ange and he ups and leaves we're back to square one where we have to completely start again.

19. Liam Scales Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Broony
    Fav Celtic Song:
    That’s 100% bang on but I think Ange is the only manager I’ve ever seen start from square one for us, probably Tommy Burns as well. Every other ones always had something, some sort of structure, something to walk into.

Task he’s taken on is monumental, and I think he’s going to do it better and faster than we have any right to expect.

The way he approaches the game, and from how he talks about the things outwith football, I’m * impressed.

Lewis Kerr, NomDePlum and Hammy89 like this.
  20. Jukes

As an Aussie i can say McLaren is not up to Celtic standard. There are not many players I would even consider from the A-league. The last season our young players really stepped up and made it an interesting season with enthusiasm and brave football. If we get another player looking like Tam Rogic we'll let you know.

VT8 likes this.