1. Having trouble logging in by clicking the link at the top right of the page? Click here to be taken to the log in page.
    Dismiss Notice

With the start of European Super League should we join the EPL if the big 6 leave

Discussion in 'Celtic Chat' started by richie87, Apr 20, 2021.

Discuss With the start of European Super League should we join the EPL if the big 6 leave in the Celtic Chat area at TalkCeltic.net.

1. Callum McGregor The Captain Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Lubomir Moravcik
    Fav Celtic Song:
    You'll Never Walk Alone
    This has been done to death. Even taking the current * show into consideration, English clubs by large don't want us or the scum in their league(s). We're a Scottish club and this is where we belong. * the EPL.

2. The Prof Administrator Administrator

Fav Celtic Player:
    Jinky
    They don't want us and they certainly don't need us, it would mean 2 clubs in Engurland having to give way to accomodate 2 clubs from Scotland, not a chance.

bagforlife likes this.
  3. SwissCelt

Fav Celtic Player:
    Aiden McGeady, Artur Boruc
    I think it's reasonable to believe Desmond only bought the club because he speculated in us getting into the EPL which would have earned him a massive amount when he would have sold us. He is an investor and we are an investment. For that reason he hasn't invested a penny of his own money. That's not how you make money. His only connection to the club is his nationality and that doesn't prove you to be a supporter. Which I don't believe he is, because the only time he really cared was when he felt personally insulted after the hun cup defeat.

What I want to say with that, if we get offered a place we will be in there, no matter what we the supporters think. Even without us at the stadium he probably could sell the club with a big profit.

4. richie87 Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Jonny Doyle
    Fav Celtic Song:
    YNWA
    I GET THE ESL is a side league played midweek for the big 12 a CL just for them however how soon is it until it becomes a fully fledged league playing each other twice a season at weekends it’s the start to a closed shop European League for the rich

As for going into the EPL I think the difference this time to the others is that we were gate crashing a party nobody wanted to invite us to, but if the the big 6 get booted from the EPL then sky will look at us as a plug to breach the gap left by them

5. McChiellini..

Fav Celtic Song:
    For those who are in love.....
    Don't ever want it to happen..

They don't want us in as we could be a major force. Why would they want us qualifying for European spot's and becoming one of the big guns down here after how ever many year's?

It's alright your Cardiff's and Swansea's. They'll never be a threat to the big side's..

6. Mr. Slippyfist

I’d make the move.

Just look at how much cheating and dastardly moves that have been performed in the top flight of Scotland to assist them hun * winning the league.

I mean, Jesus *, it is the only league (that I’m aware of) that actively allows hun supporting referees to officiate their matches.

I’d jump ship to * away from Scottish fitba in a heartbeat...

7. Sgt Neppers*

Well that super league bubble is deflating super quick.

8. James Gold Member Gold Member

* the EPL and Sky

9. moravcik1888

Fav Celtic Player:
    Paul McStay
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Fields of Athenry
    * the EPL, keep it real and stay in Scotland.

trackebhoy and greengrocer like this.
  10. greengrocer

Fav Celtic Player:
    Mjallby, Larsson, Lambert
    * English football

I would rather try make scottish football better and start producing talent that can challenge

11. Gabriel Beidh an lá linn Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Raphael Scheidt
    Would rather move to Holland if we were moving

12. Paul67 Administrator Administrator

Fav Celtic Song:
    Let The People Sing
    Super League won't happen.

13. Conjuring_Obey Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Larsson
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Willie Maley song
    If we joined the epl I’d be done with Celtic

14. MagicBallBhoy Gold Member Gold Member

move in with they orange * * that

15. rudebhoy67 Gold Member Gold Member

I think it will, in some form, maybe not as soon as next season, but clubs won't be expelled from their leagues. They will get away with doing what they like, as usual, and the rest will eventually be clamouring for one of the "open slots". The gap between the haves and the have nots will get even wider.

Last edited: Apr 21, 2021
  16. StevieBhoooy!

You’d quickly see them betray themselves on how they view Scottish football if we did join..,

Jose Mourino would be signing up before his * had hit his Kensington sofa after the latest payoff.

17. Hadouken

I don't like the idea of joining the 'English premier league' but I would get excited if the Government pushed for the creation of a British football pyramid system with the establishment of 'The British premier league' championship etc

You can't help but imagine the sheer purchasing power we would secure from TV rights alone that would allow us to sign players of quality we can never hope to attract in our current league, imagine the excitement of being linked with world class players+ managers ever transfer window, gearing up for away days against chelsea/manchester clubs/arsenal every season

getting the chance to shut the arrogant premier league fans up when they finally realise we are a sleeping giant!

18. oh bhoy

if we were gonna jump ship why not throw your lot in with the seemingly doomed super league rather than the super duper EPL.we should stay where we at at and demand more for tv rights

19. richie87 Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Jonny Doyle
    Fav Celtic Song:
    YNWA
    Well it looks like it’s all over before it could start. Fan power can work we need to use our voices now to sort our in house * out and get us back to the level we know we can produce

20. Celtic_Daft1888

Fav Celtic Player:
    Scott Brown
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Broad Black Brimmer
    Never ever want to be a part of that soulless league. Tourist clowns. Aye, we would compete at the higher end of European football but we would sell our very souls. * the EPL and * Sky. I've said from day one that the best thing the Scottish Government could do if they get independence would be to take the TV rights in house and put a certain amount of millions into the game. I'm sure the likes of Norway/Greece/Sweden governments have their football league rights through them.