1. Having trouble logging in by clicking the link at the top right of the page? Click here to be taken to the log in page.
    Dismiss Notice

Potential Manager Suggestions?

Discussion in 'Celtic Chat' started by CountyDownFaithful, Nov 5, 2020.

Discuss Potential Manager Suggestions? in the Celtic Chat area at TalkCeltic.net.

1. McGrory1888

Fav Celtic Player:
    Callum McGregor
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Let The People Sing
    Completely agree with the part in bold (and a few other points you made), but who’s to say that’s not what they’re doing behind the scenes? The club can’t make all those negotiations public.

My point was questioning what good announcing Howe will start in the Summer does for this season’s results? Players would likely check out even more than they already have with even less reason to impress Kennedy if it was clear he wouldn’t be around next year.

I’m not defending the board but if they’re appointing Howe then they’ll sell season tickets, whether it’s now or in the summer.

JamesM09 likes this.
  2. StanP19

Fav Celtic Player:
    Stilian Petrov
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Celtic symphony
    A lot of us are just feeling the frustrations from the season and every negative vibe from the media is having a snowball effect. Personally, I’m gonna try and keep calm and trust the board to do the right thing and appoint the right man. I’ve no confidence in them but I keep telling myself ‘we are Celtic! We are a * huge club with huge pulling power’ that’s the perspective I’m gonna use until the new man is announced

JML67 and Moore like this.
  3. McGrory1888

Fav Celtic Player:
    Callum McGregor
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Let The People Sing
    I get some snippets, but I’m not enough of a * to claim to be in the know.

I’m in no way guaranteeing that the events of my post will come to fruition, but they’ve certainly been discussed within the offices of Celtic Park. All coincides with Dominic Mackay starting too.

GavCFC1 and Bobo_ like this.
  4. Wee Baldy

Fav Celtic Player:
    Henrik Larsson
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Walk On
    I have now reached the point where any excitement re Howe coming to us has gone. I now fear the worst and will revert to sitting back and watching our club doing what it has always done when it comes to signing someone - * about till we get the cheapest option (Rodgers being an exception). Hopefully I'm wrong but I'm getting used to the failings of our board.

5. Senna s1979

Fav Celtic Player:
    Danny McGrain
    Honestly... i don't think we've even approached Howe formally nor anyone else for that matter. The way they look at it is there's 6+ weeks of the season left, so we can sort it out then.
    Our board works at a sloths pace or at the most Lawwell is a lazy fat * and leaves everything until the last second.
    Probably a bit of both.

6. Gyp Rosetti Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Rogic
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Celtic symphony
    Favre being mentioned again now, knowing our board they will probably phone Brett.

HoopyT and Valhalla like this.
  7. HoopswithPride

Fav Celtic Player:
    Paul "The Maestro" McStay
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Hail, Hail
    * knows what's happening anymore.

Going by the media coverage Howe wants to bring Richard Hughes as Technical Director. If true, then I don't see the problem in that. That doesn't mean we can't appoint Harkin as well, because we have plenty of areas that the club needs to work on. The club needs an overhaul, not only at the first-team level and having Hughes, primarily for first-team issues and Harkin can deal with the rest of the club's process with input from Howe, Hughes, and others.

On the coaching staff point. Right now, Howe should be given the say in who he works with directly. We aren't far enough down the line with a proper club structure to be dictating in this area.

Creativecelt likes this.
  8. Wee Baldy

Fav Celtic Player:
    Henrik Larsson
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Walk On
    They're not doing a very good PR job of promoting season ticket renewals are they?. Amateurs from top to bottom

9. TheHappyLoss

10. CountyDownFaithful

Howe would be a great appointment but we cannot put him ahead of the restructure.

Howe COULD bring short term success to the club over the next 2-3 seasons but if we get the restructure right, this will bring long term success and stability.

We need prioritise the restructure and if that means steering away from Howe then so be it. We can’t afford for Howe to walk away in a couple of seasons and take his pals with him.

11. richie87 Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Jonny Doyle
    Fav Celtic Song:
    YNWA
    As I have said there is only one or two people who know the whole truth and we the fans will be told in due course

media are just lazy and print anything to get a rise out the situation they love drama and as reporters say don’t let the truth get in the way of a good story or in the daily huns case a * story

12. Bobo_ Gold Member Gold Member

Just when you think you’ve seen every * Celtic fan site, with enough adverts and pop ups to crash yer PC, a new one appears.

Unbelievable :56:

HoopyT and The Dude like this.
  13. Ziggy

Fav Celtic Player:
    Mjallby
  14. CH4 Gold Member Gold Member

15. GavCFC1

Smashin, he’ll be appointed tomorrow then

martin_d likes this.
  16. StevieBhoooy!

17. Ziggy

Fav Celtic Player:
    Mjallby

honda likes this.
  18. Bobo_ Gold Member Gold Member

Mad Frank, lying in his pish stained undies, giving exclusives to Football Insider over the phone, while waiting for another brass to arrive.

19. LTPS

Fav Celtic Player:
    Bobby Lennox
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Let the people sign
    That site is just a load of made up *
    Ajer with a year left on his contract will go for 5 million despite the next line saying newcastle lining up an 8 million bid
    Also
    Macavennie spouts more * than a field of cows...* brain is mashed up with coke...idiot probably doesn’t even know what year we are in

20. James Gold Member Gold Member

If Macavennie said it was raining outside I would still look out the window he would say anything for a fiver

PaulM1888 and GavCFC1 like this.