1. Having trouble logging in by clicking the link at the top right of the page? Click here to be taken to the log in page.
    Dismiss Notice

[Spoiler Alert] Sopranos

Discussion in 'TC Media' started by Craiglang, Jan 27, 2016.

Discuss Sopranos in the TC Media area at TalkCeltic.net.

1. Doogs. Lustig your the one, you still turn me on.

I get shivers just thinking abiut the build up to the end. Dont stop believin, the bell, the different camera perspectives, then boom, its all over.

He’s definitely pan breed.

Garrymac1888 and Sean Daleer like this.
  2. Sean Daleer Free Palestine Gold Member

The minute Phil died, Carmine was the logical successor. With that power he could easily take Tony out on account of his name if nothing else. The other families would have understood.

The sit down with Tony, Paulie, Butch and Carmine when Tony gets the nod to take out Phil, Butch and Carmine already knew they were taking out Tony after he disposed of Phil. Butch hated Tony with a passion and Carmine was a snake from his very first scene, backing Tony then stabbing him in the back the second he got back to his Dad.

Am I overthinking this? Possibly.

Am I Lilian Gished? Absolutely.

Anyone any other theories?

Doogs. likes this.
  3. Sean Daleer Free Palestine Gold Member

The camera work is the smoking gun for me. They establish were he is sitting. The bell goes. He looks up and immediately you get Tony’s perspective of the scene. When Meadow walks in you see him looking up then the next shot should be from Tony’s point of view, yet blackness. No gunshot sound? Seeds planted when Bobby says to Tony on the boat you probably don’t hear it coming, also Sil saying he was covered in blood before he even knew Gerry Torchiani was whacked 2 feet away from him.

Doogs. likes this.
  4. Sean Daleer Free Palestine Gold Member

I used to hate Chase for the ending. I felt it was a cop out because he invested so much in Tony and he couldn’t bring himself to kill him off.

Now? I’ve watched it for the 7th time and I’m still making up theories about the ending :giggle1:

That’s why Chase is a millionaire and I’m pished at 9am talking about this work of art piece of television 10 years later.

Doogs. likes this.
  5. Breathnach67

Fav Celtic Song:
    The White and The Green
    I think Paulie and Patsy were in league with NY towards the end. But the thing is, Tony * off countless people throughout the course of the series, countless people who certainly had the means of having him whacked;

New York

effectively everyone in his own family (The Vito situation

The Tony B situation, Suspicions of the Ralph disappearance)

the Russians, say Slavia finds out Tony was indirectly responsible for Valery going missing

Even Zellman! The guy likely had other mob connections than just Tony, and Tony beat him with a belt because he had his old toy.

Sean Daleer likes this.
  6. Breathnach67

Fav Celtic Song:
    The White and The Green
    Even earlier than that, in the sit down with Phil and Tony were Carmine is the broker, it’s all going swimmingly and Carmine thrown in that absolute hand grenade about Phil’s 47 year old kid bruddah, he knew exactly what he was doing there. I think he actually know how people seen him, “it’s common knowledge the guys retarded”, and he played on it to his advantage. By saying what he did about Billy’s death he knew that Tony and Phil might eliminate eachother, and so it worked out in the end, with a little help from Patsy, Paulie and Butchy of course.

Sean Daleer likes this.
  7. Breathnach67

Fav Celtic Song:
    The White and The Green
    The Gerry Torciano scene is mental, Sil talking and the blood going over his face. Truly “didn’t hear it when it happened”. Gerry was shot at 9 o’clock too I think. Another clue.

Sean Daleer likes this.
  8. Sean Daleer Free Palestine Gold Member

Venturing into the artsy side, Meadow successfully parallel parked on the third try, that would have been the third attempt on Tony’s life. He sleeps with big mouth billy bass.

Breathnach67 likes this.
  9. Sean Daleer Free Palestine Gold Member

Paulie the double agent was established very early, the joke that Ralph told about Ginny Sack, Little Paulie told Paulie and he immediately called Jonny Sack and grassed Ralph in. Patsy * despised Tony, knew fine well he had his brother killed but family traditions meant he had to keep quiet.

10. littlekennie

Fav Celtic Player:
    nakamura
    Fav Celtic Song:
    four leaf clover
    Theirs a few Easter eggs and foreshadowing in the last episode and the whole show meadow is coming back from doctors to restraint most probably to tell Tony she’s pregnant hence the rush in parking the toilets are exactly three o’clock from Tony .... remember Chrissies coma theirs a scene were Paulie and patsy in the toilet Paulie says it’s all yours lot of people thought that meant the hit on Phil but could have easily meant you take the seat when Tony is gone .... the cat Tony says he’s probably staring at a rat behind the wall .... cat then won’t leave Paulie alone meaning he could well be a traitor

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Sean Daleer likes this.
  11. Bonobhoy

Loved the ending,even after all these years so many people have their opinions on what happened,makes it a classic on its own.

Never thought it was a cop out,brilliantly written.

Sean Daleer likes this.
  12. Sean Daleer Free Palestine Gold Member

Love it. Agreed about the foreshadowing and Easter eggs. Chase said it’s all there. And it is. He was whacked.

13. Dazza

Fav Celtic Player:
    Boruc
    If I watched Sopranos as it was released I would have been raging with the ending. I'd of assumed they were building up to a sequel, and I hate when that happens (like Power). "Don't miss the explosive final season!!!" then it comes to it and they end with a trailer for a "new" show :47:

Off on a tangent there :giggle1: But aye it also helped that by the time I watched it all the analysis' was out already, I wouldn't have got it on my own :s: The perspective theory you talked about earlier was the one for me. He's definitely dead.

Sean Daleer likes this.
  14. Sean Daleer Free Palestine Gold Member

I don’t think it’s a cop out now. I think it’s genius. I was just butthurt at the time :giggle1:

Sgt Neppers* and Bonobhoy like this.
  15. littlekennie

Fav Celtic Player:
    nakamura
    Fav Celtic Song:
    four leaf clover
    That’s being said on the ending I like to think Tony lives and goes onto be indicted and jailed
    Ending really is meant for everyone’s own interpretation

16. Bonobhoy

Heard about a theory recently of the registartion plate? When Meadow is attempting to park the car,apparently the reg plate is that of the guy that tried to rape her,Tony knocked * outta him in the shop (i think he tried to rape her,been years since i seen it). So he was the hitman coming into the shop behind her....The last thing she sees is Tonys face,then black.

I just love the fact its still going on,the ending alone has forums still going to this day with so many opinions about how it ended.

17. littlekennie

Fav Celtic Player:
    nakamura
    Fav Celtic Song:
    four leaf clover
    Many saints of Newark is out this year looking forward to that

Bonobhoy likes this.
  18. Bonobhoy

I remember redownloading the last episode because i thought some * had cut the ending out on the download :56:

Raging like * as well...then i caught on this was how it went.

As years past i respected the ending....Imagine you see Tony getting whacked,or Meadow or whatever the ending is playing out....then maybe onto a courtroom,id woulda hated it having an official ending like that......with this,we just never know what happens.

Sean Daleer likes this.
  19. Scotia Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    you wear the hoops thats good enough
    Fav Celtic Song:
    over and over
    no read any comments , seriously thinking about giving this a go . Sons of anarchy gets a lot of mentions in threads so
    might try that as well ... Will give breaking Bad another chance , I never got past the 5th or 6th episode .

Sean Daleer likes this.
  20. Sean Daleer Free Palestine Gold Member

Very first scene of the final episode is Tony lying on his bed, but the camera is up close in his face and he looks like he is in a coffin with the funeral music playing in the background

littlekennie and Bonobhoy like this.