1. Having trouble logging in by clicking the link at the top right of the page? Click here to be taken to the log in page.
    Dismiss Notice

Where it went wrong?

Discussion in 'Celtic Chat' started by stubhoy07, Mar 7, 2021.

Discuss Where it went wrong? in the Celtic Chat area at TalkCeltic.net.

1. LectersLuncheon

Fav Celtic Player:
    Henke
    Fav Celtic Song:
    all of them
    I actually despised BR when he left us but I've literally no hard feelings now.

The football before he left was dire, he knew we needed a rebuild and a good spend, and he knew he didn't have a real say in transfers (evident by his snipe at the shved transfer).

Hes not a fool and saw the writing on the wall, an EPL club with hundreds of millions and spendy investors cones knocking.... club gets a great payout... I get it.

All's not forgiven mind, but hindsight is a wonderful thing.

In my lifetime I've seen 3 world class managers take this job, Wim Jansen, Martin O'Neil, and Brendan Rodgers... and all three of them left the post after "issues" with the board came to light.

2. Henke102

Absolutely in Rodgers last season the football was nowhere near the invincible levels, and as you say was clear a rebuild was required then.

we were still getting results but the huns were gradually starting to close the gap. Board failed to invest to strengthen at this crucial juncture and the wheels came right off when Lennon got appointed. The huns knew we were getting dragged down to there level when Lennon got appointed as well, they were celebrating him getting it on there official Twitter ffs.

The Phoenix and martin_d like this.
  3. stubhoy07 Gold Member Gold Member

Going strictly off the last statement. The comment made to me (Regarding barkas) is that an international player is considered proven. I have pointed out that is a nonsense statement by pointing out the Faroe island keeper is an internationalist too. Doesn't mean he is playing for Celtic any time soon.

You make a decent enough point, Faroe islands and Greece are in no way comparable in terms of squads. That being said id still argue your logic is strange, are you now saying anyone that has played for Greece is proven enough to be signed by Celtic?

But again your arguing barkas is proven when frankly hazard has shown himself just as capable as this "proven" player. So is this a bad signing in your book or an unlucky one?

4. stubhoy07 Gold Member Gold Member

Tbf this is a much better arguement for barkas and I have to give it credit. That being said, we have had many international footballers join us over the years. Some settle and hit the ground running. Some dont and fade away. I cannot recall to many that came and had such a poor first season but then come back to be a decent player for us - open to be proven wrong on that one mind :giggle1:

Taz likes this.
  5. World Champion

At the railroad bar, about seven o'clock.
    Hope it's Benitez.

6. The_Bhoy

Fav Celtic Player:
    Larsson
    Tbf that’s when life’s normal. Barkas hasn’t been able to see Glasgow, settle here and see if he likes it? Or maybe even get close bonds with the team or staff. Many peoples mental health have suffered from covid and Lenny calling barkas out unnecessarily won’t of helped if this is the case. I’m willing to give him another chance; you don’t become a bad player overnight

Peej and Breathnach67 like this.
  7. celtic warrior

Lawwell being born..

MagicBallBhoy, Rydo1888* and martin_d like this.
  8. Breathnach67

Fav Celtic Song:
    The White and The Green
    Exactly. Lenny has had the comfort of plonking his fat * on the sofa at night and cracking open a tennents in his FAMILY home, in a city he’s known most of his * life so he probably has not even the slightest concept of the loneliness Barkas feels being so far from home and his own family and that tackety booted * publically Shames him. Well Lennon will soon feel such loneliness the next time he steps into Parkhead on a match day.

martin_d likes this.
  9. Dip 'n' Swerve

would have been interesting if forrest had have played the season..
    jullien being fit for most of the season - who knows what may have happened - he has made 30 apps for the club - is he another injury prone defender?

disjointed season in which everything went wrong with no settled team and for me most games in which we went in at half time 0-0 it almost looked like a foregone conclusion, the second half were always hard to watch and played with little desire, drive or passion to win ( the players need the fans badly) - this season we have been so poor in the final third:

- lack of ideas from corners and set pieces
    - shocking finishing from all players to kill games off
    - a disjointed left side made up of loan players and players not good enough
    - relying on players past their best (brown, bitton)
    - keeper situation beyond a joke
    - recruitment of poor players

in the last few seasons we never buy early in the summer to get the squad fit, injury free and ready always bringing in players at the 11th hour or waiting on outcomes in qualifying games

terrible preparation, unless something drastic happens soon it will be a tough 3 year building project.