1. Having trouble logging in by clicking the link at the top right of the page? Click here to be taken to the log in page.
    Dismiss Notice

Brendan Fraudgers!

Discussion in 'World Football' started by Mr. Slippyfist, May 20, 2016.

Discuss Brendan Fraudgers! in the World Football area at TalkCeltic.net.

1. We named the dog Indiana Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    scott brown, boruc
    Fav Celtic Song:
    celtic song
    Sounds like bollocks..think we can all see why it was so easy for him to leave now though but I don't think he was pushed like that.

2. Gurru 991

Congerton is in charge of scouting but he doesn't decide who comes & who goes. Jon Rudkin has the final say in that department. Susan Whelan is the money person and she has to OK any purchases. There is a system in place that Rodgers & Congerton have to live by and that is what makes it work.

Liam Scales likes this.
  3. eire4

Fav Celtic Player:
    Henrik Larsson
    Seems to be his modus operandi. For me I would have been ok if he left us in the summer it was the way he left us that left the bitter taste for me. No question he is a top drawer manager and what he did for us was exceptional but what a * you to us all the way he left when he could easily have seen out the season and left with a great legacy and most peoples best wishes.

Garrymac1888 and The Prof like this.
  4. Gurru 991

My understanding is that Leicester were emphatic that they wanted him immediately & were prepared to pay extra for that privilege . Celtic were happy at that time to take the money.

Gil-Scott Heron likes this.
  5. eire4

Fav Celtic Player:
    Henrik Larsson
    If the Rat wanted to he could have said in I feel I want to move on and will be leaving after the season and finished out the season. We were chasing a treble treble but were facing really tough fixtures when he jumped ship. The board may or may not have been happy to take the money I do not know what the facts are in that regard. But even if the board was happy to take the money if the Rat wanted to see out the season and leave on a positive note he could have done so. The choice was his. Nobody forced him out the door. He chose to do what he did and as a result despite the fact that his accomplishments at Celtic were nothing short of remarkable the fact remains for me and many like me that he forever tarnished his reputation the way he left. No true Celtic supporter would have left as he did by choice they would have waited till the summer. He talked so many times about his love for Celtic and the job and in the end his actions showed those were just words not what he was.

We in recent years have signed many players who from the get go have made it clear Celtic was a stepping stone for them. I have had no problem with them as long as they gave their all for us while with us. In fact I have enjoyed them while in the hoops and while sad to see some players go have wished them the best when they moved on. The Rat came to Celtic did wonderous things proclaimed his love for Celtic from day 1 and in the end left us high and dry with his actions.

Gabriel and honda like this.
  6. Gil-Scott Heron

Fav Celtic Player:
    Paul McStay
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Willie Maley
    I was told by a guy from Carnlough who is a personal friend of the Rodgers family.

He assured me that they're all Celtic-daft.

I have no reason to disbelieve him, especially given what we all know Lawwell is capable of in terms of penny-pinching and not letting anyone get the better of him.

The Phoenix likes this.
  7. Jmac402

Fav Celtic Player:
    Jimmy Johnstone
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Grace
    Interesting. Even though I loved the guy and thought he was a class act in every way, I always thought (had a niggling doubt) there was a bit of mendacity attached to his ‘I’m a Celtic man/This is my dream job’ posturing; was never ever fully convinced. I also watched some of that ‘An evening with Brendan Rodgers’ footage a few years back and I thought it was quite uncomfortable viewing and even slightly cringeworthy. It was like Brendan was not quite at ease during that PR gig and thought he was above it (thought this was overt from his body language, facial expressions and glib answers, not to mention the fabrication of a few stories obviously designed to try and convince the fans that he was genuinely a Celtic man). Something, to me, just seemed off about the whole thing in the Armadillo venue that night in Glasgow. Great manager, but never a Celtic man. Defo agree with the people that say he was overly keen to get away to the EPL and used Celtic to facilitate and expedite that. I don’t wish him any harm, btw, and think the word ‘rat’ may be a bit harsh (though I can fully understand why a lot of fans see him this way and are stilll quite upset and bitter about his swift departure).

Last edited: Feb 23, 2021
  8. The Phoenix Black Lives Matter

Fav Celtic Song:
    Lawwell get to fuck
    Rodgers spoke very openly of his affinity with Celtic long before he was our manager.

When he was in charge of Swansea we played them in a friendly and he was very up front about how special the occasion was as he'd been a Celtic fan all his life.

I have nothing but good memories of him. I was initially really angry with how it ended, to the extent I couldn't even watch any highlights or replays of iconic games during his reign. That's all settled down now though. He was the best Celtic manager I've ever seen in my lifetime and gave me some incredible moments. I'd have no problem if he were to be invited back to Parkhead.

Gil-Scott Heron and Artorias like this.
  9. Gurru 991

No-one really knows or if they do they are not saying how it all played out. I'm sure if you are told your boss doesn't mind if you leave before the end of the season as long as there is some extra money involved your dedication may ebb a touch.
    Obviously Rodgers saw an opportunity but I really don't think Celtic management were that sorry to see him go. I think he wanted too big a of say in the running of the club.

10. Artorias

Fav Celtic Player:
    Larsson
    With the Lennon saga exposing/highlighting how poor we are run in the background I can understand why you'd want out. Rodgers had publicly shown unrest at our board and the way they operate. I think missing out on McGinn was the last straw for him.

Gil-Scott Heron and The Phoenix like this.
  11. stubhoy07 Gold Member Gold Member

That and signing sved despite the fact Rodgers had neve heard of him

The Phoenix likes this.
  12. JC Anton Get yer, hats, scarfs badges & tapes

* him.

No Celtic man jumps ship in February when everything was still to play for..

He forced us into putting Lennon in charge and the board failed us by taking the easy option in making that permanent.

Rodgers, the Board and Lennon all played a part in the failure to capture the 10 and that rat shouldn't be allowed to ever forger it.

StPauli1916, kinglenny, eire4 and 3 others like this.
  13. The Phoenix Black Lives Matter

Fav Celtic Song:
    Lawwell get to fuck
    With him leaving in February there was plenty of time to sound out a decent replacement, all the more so since we banked 9m from Leicester. We could easily have paid top dollar for a top coaching team - the money was there, and the time was there.

Rodgers is not to blame for the board appointing an unprofessional lardarse jakey like Lennon.

Of all those culpable for the failure to win the 10, Rodgers is way way down the list, if even on it at all.

At the end of the day, if your CEO can't even get John McGinn over the line, and are having unknown, unwanted signings like Shved forced on you, why should you want to stay under such conditions?

We were so far ahead of the scum, that a change of manager, with the resources and advantages we had, shouldn't have been an issue. The calamitous list of decisions that have led us to this point were all entirety voluntary and completely avoidable. That's on Lawwell, Desmond, Wilson et al.

murphy88, The_Bhoy, elbhoydo and 4 others like this.
  14. Bonobhoy

* Spot On.

JC Anton likes this.
  15. cammy07

Rodgers left in the February, Lennon was an adequate stand in and did a good job as caretaker by sealing the two remaining trophies that season.

Its not Brendan Rodgers fault that the board didn't use that 4 months to identify an adequate replacement for him, then lazily appointed lennon whilst in the Hampden showers after we limped over the line in the scottish cup final against a * poor Hearts side who were on their knees at the time.

The way Lennon had handled himself this season and treated us, the fans is no better than the way Rodgers left.

Artorias and oh bhoy like this.
  16. JC Anton Get yer, hats, scarfs badges & tapes

He takes his share of the blame, him leaving in the Feb started that chain of events...

Are the board and Lennon more culpable, absolutely but he shouldn't be forgiven either.

Like I say ratsnake..

eire4 likes this.
  17. JC Anton Get yer, hats, scarfs badges & tapes

Leaving when he did will always tarnish all the good he did here.. I don't disagree with the board being the main culprits.

18. Artorias

Fav Celtic Player:
    Larsson
    Yes, he showed clear dissatisfaction with that one. He actually said something close to "I had nothing to do with that, we have a million wingers".

19. Wee Baldy

Fav Celtic Player:
    Henrik Larsson
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Walk On
    We will probably never know the real reasons as to why there was a fall out between BR and the board although, knowing our board, I think it would have been all down to not financing him to take the club to the next step. His leaving did tarnish his reputation with the fans but I would have him back in a heart beat to sort this mess up

Artorias likes this.
  20. Marie Bookmaker

Fav Celtic Player:
    Them all!!!
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Grace
    Brendan Rodgers worked his ticket because he was annoyed that he wasn't allowed to leave after two seasons, Celtic were holding him to his contract. The board didn't back him after that because they knew he wasn't commited. He sabotaged the team back then, failure to qualify for the UCL was Rodgers fault, he played a big part in our downfall, he will always be a rat to me.