1. Having trouble logging in by clicking the link at the top right of the page? Click here to be taken to the log in page.
    Dismiss Notice

Leigh Griffiths

Discussion in 'Ex Players' started by Vertie Auld, Jan 31, 2014.

Discuss Leigh Griffiths in the Ex Players area at TalkCeltic.net.

1. LectersLuncheon

Fav Celtic Player:
    Henke
    Fav Celtic Song:
    all of them

I never suggested "he does what Lenny says".

I merely offered the alternate understanding that these players have an attitude that has been allowed to fester under Lennon.

That they've won this and that and thus deserve some slack... including the manager.

The fact that Griff's fitness issues have cropped up over and over in the comments for me is part of the problem. I don't think he could have pulled that under the snake, not without a fine at least. Griff is no deep thinker, despite being an *, how many times as he proven that?

As for the rest of the squad, the fact that Eddie looks entirely "disinterested" is more a sign of Lennon's coaching for me as opposed to not being arsed.

Ntcham has ALWAYS been hot or cold. He's just not a grafter. Never will be.

As I previously stated I don't blame a SINGLE player for our season. I blame Lawells appointment if Lennon.

The players all look unsure of what they're supposed to be doing it how to do it. They avoid the ball at throw ins ffs. Can't defend set pieces etc etc.

If players don't need instruction and guidance then there would be no need for managers. Our players right now look exactly how a team WITHOUT a manager would be playing. And some of them are speaking out of loyality, not sense. A new manager is required asap to fix this.

Xatraps, Ewang83 and MagicBallBhoy like this.
  2. freitassen

I defend Griffiths often here, but it is well known that, even for the standards expected from a footballer, he is not exactly intelligent and this birthday card pish about our parasite manager and our parasite CEO sounds exactly like something someone told him to say.

Footballers rarely come up with coherent sentences, and many times, this is intentional as anything less obvious and inane will be turned into a shitstorm by the media. "Yeah I support my gaffer he is a nice dude blablabla" is the typical automatic pilot answer.

That said, I might be wrong and if he really believes that he is a complete idiot.

TheHappyLoss likes this.
  3. LectersLuncheon

Fav Celtic Player:
    Henke
    Fav Celtic Song:
    all of them
    you're a football player... coming to / at the. end if your career. One of the guys who helped you get to where you are in under massive pressure to do one. You KNOW a change is needed.

A journalist asks a question about whether you support the manager.

A: Parrot the managers opinions and tow the party line, declare your support for the regime, keep your nose clean and acknowledge that it isn't good enough whilst simultaneously ruffling no feathers.

or

B: Echo the fans, and indeed your own opinion. Create a media * storm. Risk being ostracized by sections of the media as ungrateful, risk being a dressing room pariah with regime loyalists, risk being exiled to the kids training for the remainder of your career there, no opportunity to impress on the field so your value drops and interest is from low and from * you wouldn't want to go to anyway, risk having the reputation of "trouble maker" or indeed " not a team player" by any new management arrival.

Almost every pro at this level will be schooled by their agent to keep their mouth shut and declare support. It's just part of the game.
    Unless you're * Lionel Messi.

People need to get a grip.

I can pretty much guarantee that every player in that dressing room knows Lennon's made an * if it. But it's a really, really short career. Especially if your Broonys age or Griff's.

You think if Broony spoke his mind he'd get that coaching gig he's angling after with us?
    Or Griff would get NEAR the first team again?

A bit of 20/20 is required here lads.

The buck stops with Lennon and Lawell.

The last thing we need is to start calling our own players out for doing what almost 99.99% of professional players do in these situations.

Once we see a new manager, you'll see more openess and honesty, just like after Lennon's first stint. Even with the success he brought some ex players found ways to give him back handed pelters for his style.

James Mc, Gabriel, freitassen and 2 others like this.
  4. The Dude

People are * off that he claimed that supporters have short memories, not because he refused to excoriate his superiors in public.

Wee Baldy and ddub11 like this.
  5. ddub11

Think most people are annoyed with his comments about the fans having short memories which is an insulting thing to do.

I get what your saying he has to tow the party line when asked these questions but the comment about the fans wasnt called for.

trackebhoy likes this.
  6. Valhalla Thus spoke Batistuta.

Fav Celtic Player:
    Broony
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Celtic Symphony

Get him to * honestly.

7. Can'tbehooped

Fav Celtic Player:
    Henrik Larsson
    How much of it is fitness vs lennon not playing him for other reasons? If not playing was entirely down to fitness then soro must have been unfit until December same with Turnbull, Connel must eat pies instead of training etc etc

Griff is a player that puts effort in when he is there and knows how to score a goal.

8. Valhalla Thus spoke Batistuta.

Fav Celtic Player:
    Broony
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Celtic Symphony
    Griffiths is a lazy * who’s been called out under several managers for his unprofessionalism.

He’s eats tea cakes though.

Xatraps, rickyroma25 and The Dude like this.
  9. Can'tbehooped

Fav Celtic Player:
    Henrik Larsson
    That's true he can be, he's still a quality goalscorer though, give him a good manager that can work with him on that and he will produce. He has a 1 in 2 ratio for goals despite all his problems.

10. Valhalla Thus spoke Batistuta.

Fav Celtic Player:
    Broony
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Celtic Symphony
    He had Brendan Rodgers and he still couldn’t.

He’s a lazy * who gets away with murder and should’ve been punted long ago if we were a club with any decent professional standards.

Xatraps, rickyroma25 and The Dude like this.
  11. Can'tbehooped

Fav Celtic Player:
    Henrik Larsson
    Under deila he scored 40 in a season, the first player since Larsson to do so, under Rodgers 18 in 37 his first season, 13 in 39 next then he had a poor one where he went out for mental health stuff, came back last season and was integral alongside Eddy as a lethal partnership and this he has came in with some crucial ones.

Aye he has some problems that's how we've managed to have him as long as we have. He very much has a role to play, I wouldn't be building a team around him but I wouldn't be punting him either. He has produced results pretty consistently and in those earlier seasons he was the only striker producing really

12. Valhalla Thus spoke Batistuta.

Fav Celtic Player:
    Broony
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Celtic Symphony
    The reason we’ve been able to hold onto him for as long as we have is because he isn’t good enough to play at a higher level.

His all round game is nowhere near good enough.

Dembele and Edouard are absolutely miles ahead Griffiths at any point in his career.

13. Can'tbehooped

Fav Celtic Player:
    Henrik Larsson
    Dembele and Eduard I will not argue there, they are both exceptional players and that 2/3 season at best is what we can expect there and should aim for.

With Griff though if be happy for him to be about the team. He has talent and tries on the pitch. If his othe reissues could be sorted he would be top notch. For the money we woukd struggle to replace him with someone of equal ability

14. Avatar Daizen The Last Hunskelper Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Charlie Mulgrew
    Fav Celtic Song:
    The SAM Song
    Any decent manager should be pushing Griff to go on I'm a Celebrity Get Me Out Of Here. It would get him the public attention he craves, whilst also putting him on a strict diet.

15. honda Gold Member Gold Member

Plus it would be a better watch than our current games.

16. James Gold Member Gold Member

Lennon's comments from 17th July

“You can never say never about chances but he’s got a lot to do to get back in around it.

Leigh Griffiths returned to the team 10 days later in a friendly against Hibs. Of course he wants Lennon to stick around.

17. JC Anton Get yer, hats, scarfs badges & tapes

Anyone know what he held up, when he scored?

18. Henrik 07 Gold Member Gold Member

T-Shirt for his cousin who passed away

[​IMG]

19. JC Anton Get yer, hats, scarfs badges & tapes

Cheers..

20. Henrik 07 Gold Member Gold Member

No problem.