1. Having trouble logging in by clicking the link at the top right of the page? Click here to be taken to the log in page.
    Dismiss Notice

Jeremie Frimpong

Discussion in 'Ex Players' started by MickeyyMack, Sep 2, 2019.

Discuss Jeremie Frimpong in the Ex Players area at TalkCeltic.net.

1. NomDePlum

Fav Celtic Player:
    Danny McGrain
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Fields of Athenry
    Nah, will likely bend the whole team out of shape and put Ajer there. Unless he goes too.

Can'tbehooped likes this.
  2. Onefootwonder

I don't know what to make of this. The transfer fee is large for what we've seen so far.

How much can been blamed on our predicament and coaches I'm not sure about. He could blossom under a good manager and a confident atmosphere.

3. TheWolf Waiting on the next Full Moon

The fact that the boy has been wanting away for weeks/months and yet he still busts a gut for the jersey and and is an attacking threat for every game shows up the "professionalism" of some of the others in that squad.

4. DonnyCelt

Anyone who thinks Lawwell will allow the money from this to be reinvested are going to be very disappointed.

5. StevieBhoooy!

He’s not one that I would have suspected to want away... just shows that the fit runs as deep as it can get when the most recent arrivals have had enough..

The board and shareholders will be rubbing their hands together and it’s probably only the start.

If you don’t want to play for Celtic... then you can * off anyway.

The transfer fee means nothing to the fans and of course this season in particular... we will see none of it translated into an improved team.

6. Can'tbehooped

Fav Celtic Player:
    Henrik Larsson
    I'm fairness to Ajer, he is good out there but we then end up with Duffy Biton in the middle

7. Peej Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Thom
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Let The People Sing
    Only need to look at the season as a whole, what player says 2 weeks before Christmas he wants a move out of a club? One that is fed up with it.
    You wait til end of season to push for one, unless you are * off and just want the * away.

And as you say, we have done * all about replacing him.

Big els and Can'tbehooped like this.
  8. Noskeil

Fav Celtic Player:
    King of kings
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Willy Maley
    I’d actually say he’s regressed as a player under Lennon leadership, like many others. Playing in the wrong position due to inadequate signings last summer.

Good luck to him, hope the funds will be used to pay off the imposter trying to be a elite football manager. But leaves us very short at the back with Elhammed looking likely to leave as well. Granted Ajer and Ralston can play there but eeeeeek.

Peej likes this.
  9. stew37

Don't get any of the apparent animosity towards him. If it's all true, he's got the opportunity to play at a much higher level for a well established European team under far superior coaching. Who can blame these guys that have come in for considering their options, given the direction we've taken since Lennon came back?

I'd have preferred him to stay as think he'll be excellent with the right coaching. At this point in time I don't think he's in any danger of getting that here, and certainly not going to be playing a lot of European football, or putting himself in the future international frame.

I very much doubt he grew up supporting us or dreaming of playing for us. Need to be realistic. Can't fault his effort and think he'll go on to improve the areas he needs to.

10. Bonobhoy

Another half decent player..and that was it.

Spent to much time writhing about on the deck and once 2 players on him he shat it.

Potential...maybe.....with us NO

Lennon1888 and NomDePlum like this.
  11. NomDePlum

Fav Celtic Player:
    Danny McGrain
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Fields of Athenry
    Elhamed should go now too if he's away in the summer. Not sure how this changes it.

Play Ralston or bring back other cover on loan.

12. celtic warrior

Unbelievable.

And for the potential he holds and has shown when given a proper partner and system to work down the right is a * pittance.

Unbelievable. Just * unbelievable, * this * * man.

Big els likes this.
  13. mickcfc91

Fav Celtic Player:
    Current - Scott Brown .. All Time - Lubo n henrik
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Wiley Maley
    Surprised. Thought we would get another season out of him and probably would have been helpful to his development but oh well. Best of luck to him.

14. Moore Brendan Rodgers OUT Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    CalMac
    Fav Celtic Song:
    JCGE + Grace + YNWA
    He came to Celtic to be coached by BR, ended up with Lennon. Will b so many of them in that bubble, must be a massive difference!

Peej likes this.
  15. ddub11

Money to pay off lennon ? we can dream.

Noskeil likes this.
  16. MJ9 Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    The King
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Grace
    Lenny saying it’s been in the making for 6-7 weeks but we are now prioritising a RB. Surely given the issues with el hamed, and ajer being our best CB, we should have been sorting a replacement then, not prioritising one now? Seeing a lot of mixed views on him but the fact is he’s a promising young player that has things to work on. It’s not good that he leaves at all, I just don’t know what’s going on with us just now. Total * show

The_Bhoy, Big els and Peej like this.
  17. JamesM09

I genuinely feel sorry for the players. They're mostly young players trying to develop. It's a * nightmare they've been stuck with Lennon for this long. The guy is a * train wreck of a coach.

Noskeil, Big els, Moore and 1 other person like this.
  18. NomDePlum

Fav Celtic Player:
    Danny McGrain
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Fields of Athenry
    Regardless of anything else he wanted away so that's pretty much it as far as I'm concerned.

Was getting less impressed with him as time went on but he still always tried.

Best of luck to him and hope he does well.

19. ILoveTheCeltic

Fav Celtic Player:
    Kieran Tierney
    To be fair though he excelled initially playing with Forrest, a guy who cut in from the right across the edge of the 18 yard box and into the box and dragged defenders with him and created space.

This season he's mostly played with Christie in front who sits deeper and even comes into midfield areas around the half way line on the park and doesn't really affect the oppositions left-back or defence.

Both him and Christie have been worse for it as Christie played much better as an 8 or 10 centrally not on the right.

A player like Frimpong you want starting from higher up the pitch and being fed around the box. Mostly this season we have been passing it too him at the half way line and then him having to run with the ball himself, by the time hes at the box he's out of steam.

20. JamesM09

Baffles me that people can't see the obvious potential Frimpong has. I mean ffs he's 20 years old and a starter for Celtic. Leverkusen aren't potentially paying millions for nothing.

If he came from Coatbridge and was called Kieran Tierpong he'd be the greatest thing since sliced bread and a shining example of our youth setup.

People forget he's just turned 20.

"His final ball is *" .. He's * 20 and that's the only real criticism people have. A wee bit of coaching to get his head up and pass to someone in the box, hardly need Guardiola to coach him ffs.