1. Having trouble logging in by clicking the link at the top right of the page? Click here to be taken to the log in page.
    Dismiss Notice

Should the Manager be sacked today?

Discussion in 'Celtic Chat' started by Peej, Nov 22, 2020.

Discuss Should the Manager be sacked today? in the Celtic Chat area at TalkCeltic.net.

1. joemc

Wots not to say if fans were in the stadium we would be in a much better place at the moment.

2. Noskeil

Fav Celtic Player:
    King of kings
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Willy Maley
    I totally agree joe, completely agree lots of other teams suffering the same Man City etc all not in form due to no crowds. But we really do need to be better both on the park and in training, Covid is happening but can’t be held to blame on not being able to motivate players, that comes from the management team.

3. Scotia Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    you wear the hoops thats good enough
    Fav Celtic Song:
    over and over
    After today's press conference ... shoulda been sacked on the * spot !!

Crilly, JamesM09 and DonnyCelt like this.
  4. straighttalker

Fav Celtic Player:
    Big Vic
    Not a fan of Lennon, however...
    he should stay until the end of the next old firm game with condition he wins all his games to that point (not counting euro games, a good showing there would help). Should he win all these and old firm, then he stays until the end of the season.

Any hiccups in between and his replacement should be bedded in for January.

People who are wanting him sacked today, clearly have never ran a business in their life, need a transition period to move someone out and next person in. I call for his head a lot ,but something suggests he still may yet pull this out the bag. I don't know how or why but a gut feeling by end of next old firm we will be right on their tails or ahead of them again.

Dubliner1 likes this.
  5. saltire78

No chance we're ahead. They've 2 in hand and the cup final weekend to go 3. I do think we'll win every domestic match until the derby though, so hopefully we'll be in full flight and see what happens next

6. JamesM09

I can see him closing the gap because they’re probably the easiest ties we could pick.

The problem is when the games get harder again there’s nothing to suggest we’ll handle them well. I say this all the time but people need to stop looking at the table and results and start watching performances and looking at the details. That’s where the warning signs are. I think some fans have a habit of compartmentalising and ignoring bad performances.

You’re saying he should stay until January as long as he wins every game, which is the same as saying he should stay unless we lose again which is essentially what everyone else is saying.

With regard to transition period, most of the people that wanted Lennon out felt that during the international break was the best time as it gave the new manager two weeks and a fairly straightforward run of games domestically until January.

Twisty likes this.
  7. buchanbhoy

Fav Celtic Player:
    jimmy johnstone
    Fav Celtic Song:
    willie malley song
    It would be a shame to see a legend sack but I would prefer to hear he has left by mutual agreement with his dignity intact .
    Lenny has clearly lost the dressing room as we are regressing on a daily basis in the most important season for a long time . Has the thought of being immortal in getting 10IAR spooked everybody, I don’t know but our squad should be performing a * of a lot better .
    Get a grip Celtic and start performing to our potential.

8. Big C

I always thought he’d walk after we won the 10 as a legend. He now faces being sacked and labelled a failure in the eyes of the support. Face it, if we were to play the manky mob today who would be confident we’d beat them? Not many. We have the better players by far hence the need for change, now!!!

DonnyCelt and Crilly like this.
  9. Dan Breen

Fav Celtic Song:
    Grace
    Has to carry the can for the 9 game run we have been on-and there is just no sign of improvement.
    Its also his stubbornness, just wont drop Brown or CalMac

10. JamesM09

There’s a lot made of the 9 game run of failure but the reality is we’ve been awful for much longer than that.

A few last minute goals have kept Lennon in a job so far. All that is happening now is results are matching performances.

Twisty, Marty McFly and DonnyCelt like this.
  11. Marty McFly Whoa, this is heavy

Fav Celtic Player:
    Broony
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Celtic Symphony
    This took me a̶g̶e̶s̶ no time at all. Games where we have been convincing or had a game sufficiently in our control towards the end

PicsArt_11-27-12.56.07.jpg

cat123, JamesM09 and paulie walnuts like this.
  12. Noskeil

Fav Celtic Player:
    King of kings
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Willy Maley
    That list gives me the boak :(

13. Bunk Moreland

That's * dire. Absolutely embarrassing.

14. Marty McFly Whoa, this is heavy

Fav Celtic Player:
    Broony
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Celtic Symphony
    I was lenient about Motherwell too, at 2-1 we were all bricking it for a few mins

littlekennie likes this.
  15. Bunk Moreland

Including it as a plus still doest make it good reading. Seriously Barnes and Mowbray were sacked for less, Deila quit for less. Lennon needs to go now, we can't get any worse.

16. JML67 Gold Member Gold Member

You say it can't get any worse but the confidence will be even lower after last night, can see Lille and Milan doing further damage considering we have nothing to play for against them. People have been saying they don't care about Europe this season but to take spankings every other Thursday will seriously affect team morale and roll into the domestic fixtures.

Crazy he's still in a job. * the board.

17. Bunk Moreland

I meant we can't get any worse under whoever replaces him, it's not even a gamble to sack him, it's the only sane choice.

18. JML67 Gold Member Gold Member

Unfortunately we have a board who are so out of touch with fans they don't see it, and ex players in the media backing Lennon relentlessly to make us all sound spoiled...

19. Officer Doofy Come to me, human man Gold Member

And if I remember correctly, we could/should have conceded about 3 in the first half against Ross County.

Barkas made some fantastic saves and I think they hit the woodwork.

20. JamesM09

Great effort mate. If only the coaches put in as much as you we might have a few more ticks there.