1. Having trouble logging in by clicking the link at the top right of the page? Click here to be taken to the log in page.
    Dismiss Notice

Neil Lennon

Discussion in 'Ex Players' started by romeo9535, Apr 17, 2016.

Discuss Neil Lennon in the Ex Players area at TalkCeltic.net.

1. ILoveTheCeltic

Fav Celtic Player:
    Kieran Tierney
    It actually did, remember Rodgers last season everyone was wondering what was going on there also because players were very lethargic there was also the fallings out with Dembele and Boyata, people saying Ntcham downed tools because he left etc McGregor was heavily criticised back then for "not trying" but was probably tired and never had the energy. Tierney and Rogic were unfit and people saying they were playing while injured.

Rodgers had 2 good seasons but the wheels came off in the 3rd fitness wise, we were also behind Hearts in the League until like November or December. Remember Christie coming on at Murrayfield to "rescue" us late October, we were in a bit of a state that season.

Leeds aren't really comparible to us either, they've played 10 games this season to our 21 and they have 7 games left before January to our 11.

Last edited: Nov 23, 2020
  2. stirfry999

Fav Celtic Player:
    Hatate oreily kyogo
    Fav Celtic Song:
    y n w a
    :39:
    Whats funny missing the joke here

3. shaw1888 Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Larsson
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Youll never walk alone / Let the people sing
    Usually I say no news is good news... But in this case no news by now is the exact opposite. I think if he were to be getting the p45 slapped down in front of him it would have been done by now... Another week of him at least it is then. Pish

Peej likes this.
  4. Henrik 07 Gold Member Gold Member

Phil knows * all.

:56:

5. HTG "I have an uncle who does Yoga"

Fav Celtic Player:
    CCV
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Let the people sing
    I think Radio silence indicates something is happening, whether that be a vote of confidence for Lennon or him getting sacked we'll see.

6. Breathnach67

Fav Celtic Song:
    The White and The Green
    Tierney has since certified claims he was playing whilst injured. Especially after Lenny came in, apparently Broony egged him on to play through a potentially career threatening injury.

7. Breathnach67

Fav Celtic Song:
    The White and The Green
    How do you mean? Sorry.

8. stirfry999

Fav Celtic Player:
    Hatate oreily kyogo
    Fav Celtic Song:
    y n w a
    I think he is bang on the money here i expect lennon to be away very soon watch this space

9. Henrik 07 Gold Member Gold Member

Na no chance.

10. JamesM09

We only lost form under Rodgers because the * was absolutely at it. Many people called him out for it too - although mostly we thought it was because he was in a huff about wanting more transfers. Obviously it turned out it was because he was desperate to get away.

As soon as he wanted to fix it we went on a run so good that teams couldn’t even score against us. He was in complete control of Scottish football from the minute he got here until the moment he left.

Peej likes this.
  11. Valhalla Thus spoke Batistuta.

Fav Celtic Player:
    Broony
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Celtic Symphony
    There’s a difference between teams being run into the ground and overworked and teams not being fit enough though.

The rats problem wasn’t that the players weren’t fit, it’s that he didn’t rotate and continually went to the well with the same players and eventually burned them out.

Tim-Time 1888 likes this.
  12. StevieBhoooy!

This thread has been full of the ‘ultimatums’ and ‘windows of departure’ for a month... go back 150 pages and it’s the same....

He should have been gone 3-4 weeks ago...
    not in 3-4 weeks time.

Whst the fkk is wrong with the club highheidyins that they can’t see that he has to go NOW ... or the 10 is gone for us.

Raoul Duke and Sonic Reducer like this.
  13. G_portillo

Fav Celtic Player:
    Van Djik
    Personally, i just think people use the term “dinosaurs” when it suits. its a lazy word based solely on age. When one of such perceived managers is successful, that notion is nowhere to be seen or heard. I dont know where the suggestion that Strachan and O Neill dont have the enthusiasm anymore has come from, maybe you know something i dont.

Ideally we would all like a manager with ground breaking, revolutionary approaches to football. But the bottom line is the best managers all share the same set of attributes regardless of age or perceived youthfulness in the game. They are devoted, meticulous, organised and command respect and demand a lot from their players. Bielsa disproves the notion, his methods have withstood the tests of time and his style of play is exciting and pleasing to the eye.

Andre Villas boas was another example of that mould when he joined spurs. Young, youthful and full of new ideas of how the game should be played. But it didnt work out and many believed that he over complicated the game.

the right manager will inspire the right group of players.

Leone Naka Fan likes this.
  14. ILoveTheCeltic

Fav Celtic Player:
    Kieran Tierney
    True, also he probably didn't realise at the time but the "Invincible" run ruined us a bit as we put far too much energy into a lot of games just to keep going unbeaten, we did it a whole season and then up until like October or November of the 2nd put a lot of work into games we never really had to which mounted up and probably backfired in the 3rd.

Possibly even * the players mentally as some who were new like Dembele, Armstrong, Sinclair, Boyata and that probably though * this carry on 60 games a season and 3 weeks off in the summer. When you can go to better teams or other Leagues and play 40-50 games and get 6 weeks off in the summer on better money. Even Tierney being injured a lot our schedule is a lot for him.

I do also though think it's tough to get or remain fit at Celtic in general just due to the schedule we have especially in back to back seasons, we play like 15-30 games a season more than Dutch, Russian, Belgian etc teams. Theres only so long you can enjoy it here before it become really hard work.

15. Sgt Neppers*

Was really hoping for it to be today it was done, but thinking about i agree with your thought. I think work will be underway in the background. Lennon will be given the dead rubber game of Sparta, and any negative result there (most probable) the axe will fall and a new manager will be announced within 48hrs after.

16. HTG "I have an uncle who does Yoga"

Fav Celtic Player:
    CCV
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Let the people sing
    Pretty much everything in regards to whats happening with Lennon is silent. The twitter account hasn't said anything for over a day now, there's zero rumours whether he's staying or going. The fact there's no rumours going about is usually a bad thing but considering how many of them are * in regards to us it's a good thing imo, I definitely think something is happening behind the scenes, the question is whether that's a vote of confidence in Lennon (pls no) or him getting the sack.

Breathnach67 and Sgt Neppers* like this.
  17. G_portillo

Fav Celtic Player:
    Van Djik
    whats ur source mate? He certainly didnt state that publicly

18. scootz

Phil McGoblin links should be banned!

He's the News of the World of Celtic bloggers... a charlatan who broadcasts utter pish just because he knows it will get clicks.

Bonobhoy likes this.
  19. Lennon1888

I would honestly expect 3 losses against newco the way Celtic is playing, I'd say we are * mate.

20. JamesM09

I agree age doesn’t matter. I don’t know anything about Bielsa to be fair.

With regard to O’Neill and Strachan, I think it’s fair to say they don’t have enthusiasm because they haven’t managed a club in how many years? That’s where that suggestion comes from.

Also, both managers had lost enthusiasm for the Celtic job by the time they left the first time, which is of course perfectly natural.

They might be super enthusiastic with loads of energy as required here but I doubt it. I would also suspect they wouldn’t have access to the coaching teams they once had.

I’m not looking for an AVB or new radical ideas or anything like that. I’m looking for someone that will come in and apply modern professional practices. Be in training taking sessions or at least in attendance, ensure fitness is maintained, scout European opponents in detail and pass info to the players, watch back over games and fix the problems etc.

Anyone can see these basic things aren’t happening now.

G_portillo likes this.