1. Having trouble logging in by clicking the link at the top right of the page? Click here to be taken to the log in page.
    Dismiss Notice

Ryan Christie

Discussion in 'Ex Players' started by LloydsGamble, Aug 28, 2015.

Discuss Ryan Christie in the Ex Players area at TalkCeltic.net.

1. muaythai postie

Fav Celtic Player:
    lubo
    He's frustrating as * to watch, always looks for the impossible pass when there's a better option on, he's a decent player and his energy levels are unreal but let's not kid he's world class. I've always wanted him in beside McGregor but if he's not interested in playing for Celtic then let him go and play Ajer in beside Mcgregor and look for a new centre half .

Gyp Rosetti likes this.
  2. Marty McFly Whoa, this is heavy

Fav Celtic Player:
    Broony
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Celtic Symphony
    I like him, frustrating player at times, more often than not just now. But he has delivered for us and I think he still will. Take him off set pieces though.

Majority of players will want another challenge down the line so that's just stating the obvious. People are jumping in feet first here at a manager's comments who is choking to pass the flack onto anyone but him.

neilly1987 likes this.
  3. oh bhoy

Klimala is wasted here full stop i don't think he's anywhere near good enough to playing up front only suggesting him playing there to get a turn out of him,ntcham has played there and done ok before .
    Changing formation or not playing the best players in their best positions ,shouldn't even have to be something that's pointed out .Christie needs to be playing cm

4. neilly1987 Do I look happy? Do I look settled? Gold Member

So frustrating, wastes possession so much between poor choices and greed but great energy and capable of a goal from range and often looks our best/only chance of making something happen.

Mince.Charming and Gyp Rosetti like this.
  5. The Prof Administrator Administrator

Fav Celtic Player:
    Jinky
    Wouldn't even surprise me if he was off in January, sinking ship and all that.

neilly1987 likes this.
  6. Free the Adblock Gold Member Gold Member

Good. Hope we get decent enough money for him

7. Seán Mac D Gold Member Gold Member

It's pretty clear from those comments and his reluctance to sign a new contract that he was one of the one's that Lennon referred to post-Ferencvaros.

Good management would have been to sniff out anyone that thought the grass was greener and move them on. Instead we sleep-walked into a disaster and destroyed the unity within the squad, in one of our most important seasons.

Unforgivable.

Rydo1888*, neilly1987, Doogs. and 3 others like this.
  8. JamesM09

I think he’s a really good player but I’ve never taken to him. It’s just something about the way he carries himself on the field. I seen someone say he plays like the kid that knows a scout is there to watch him and I’ve never been able to un-see it.

I think what made it more noticeable was he was much more humble when he was pish and the attitude seemed to change very quickly.

As a comparison, Mikey Johnston has never looked humble (in a good way) so if he started acting the billy big baws it wouldn’t be as jarring.

9. littlekennie

Fav Celtic Player:
    nakamura
    Fav Celtic Song:
    four leaf clover
    So he’s came out and said they did their job scoring two goals basically blaming the defence .... two goals came in last ten mins and that’s totally the problem that he fails to see not taking our chances early is just a disaster waiting to happen if we score in first half it’s a different game always is keep saying we can blame defence all we want they sure don’t help themselves but middle to front the gears are just not moving at all and that really where the problem is

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

10. Yoshi

Fav Celtic Player:
    Lubo, Andreas Thom
    Get rid.

Only 2 people think he is world class

Himself and his daddy

11. oh bhoy

What the * is he on about two goals should of been enough hmmmm not when you're 2-0 down its not, and the two goal we got were a fortunate penalty and a scrappy one from a corner .he's deluded if he thinks there ain't a problem in the final third .The attacking play is every bit as bad as the defence

littlekennie and neilly1987 like this.
  12. Gyp Rosetti Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Rogic
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Celtic symphony
    I’m really starting to take a severe dislike to this *.

littlekennie and Rydo1888* like this.
  13. Marty McFly Whoa, this is heavy

Fav Celtic Player:
    Broony
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Celtic Symphony
    What has he said?

14. Kevski

Fav Celtic Player:
    paul hartley
    Whilst it’s not ideal to hear he wants to move on, I’m sure he’s not alone and these conversations will go on all the time with players inside the club and others. The problem here is Lennon has decided to air in house business in public which is incredible. If Christie was making noises in the media then fair enough but he is a player who personally I don’t think can be accused of downing tools and you certainly wouldn’t think he wanted away given his performances! There are a few others who it’s screaming out of though. Poor show from Lennon and you have to question why he has decided to do it?

15. ticketyboo0 Gold Member Gold Member

Honestly wouldn't care if he left, overhyped imo.

16. Officer Doofy Come to me, human man Gold Member

I mean he’s right about us conceding * goals but he needs to have a look at himself and the other attackers.

Our two goals were a fluke of a penalty and a rebound from a set piece, scored by our left back.

neilly1987 and Gyp Rosetti like this.
  17. cas79

Fav Celtic Player:
    Larsson
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Just can't get enough
    Yes I hope now they all spark off a huge argument and get it all out, point some fingers, see where every * stands and go from there, * need to be told your * performances dont fuvking cut it, I hope that also extends to the management team too

Sent from my SM-A920F using Tapatalk

Breathnach67 likes this.
  18. honda Gold Member Gold Member

Disharmony between this team is * shocking. You win and loose as a team. Cant fathom how he can possibly believe he done his job and the defence never. There is our problem right there. Big eared *. Get him to *.

littlekennie likes this.
  19. StevieBhoooy!

easy there! .... he’ll cry for Scotland remember ...

littlekennie and Gyp Rosetti like this.
  20. Breathnach67

Fav Celtic Song:
    The White and The Green
    In fairness, when has he ever said he was a “Tim” or a Celtic fan to any degree? The guy is ego driven. He cried in that Scotland interview because his country means something to him above football, Celtic clearly don’t, we’re a means to an end for him and that’s all well and good as long as you don’t let it impact your performances. But he has, and so if he wants out, get shot of him. I hope he knows he’ll be going for a pittance to a hovel in Yorkshire or Lancashire playing mid table championship football, not the Giuseppe Meazza or the Bernabeau or wherever the * he sees his future. Cheers Ryan, have a good one :)