1. Having trouble logging in by clicking the link at the top right of the page? Click here to be taken to the log in page.
    Dismiss Notice

Neil Lennon

Discussion in 'Ex Players' started by romeo9535, Apr 17, 2016.

Discuss Neil Lennon in the Ex Players area at TalkCeltic.net.

1. JamesM09

Credit for getting a good result today but it doesn’t change anything for me. The problems are still very obvious and I don’t think they’ll be going away.

A win at Motherwell should be routine for this squad, not a gotcha.

So long as we continue to look hopeless at set pieces we will be vulnerable to everyone this season.

2. JC Anton Get yer, hats, scarfs badges & tapes

Can't be anything but pleased for him.

Massive win, performance was excellent in spells which is the frustrating thing.

Christie could have finished the game before HT.

Must, must leave Broonie out more or it will cost us.

Marty McFly and Mince.Charming like this.
  3. ticketyboo0 Gold Member Gold Member

He may as well send the like of Connell Soro Turnbull Welsh etc away on loan. Only way they gonne get a chance with him in charge. Such a waste of talented young players.

Chieftain likes this.
  4. Jamesy Bhoy 7

Fav Celtic Player:
    Kayal
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Youll Never Walk Alone/ Fields of Athenry
    The Performance was better but still not enough to change my mind about him, we need to put a long run of wins and convincing performances together for me to trust him again.

5. Officer Doofy Come to me, human man Gold Member

Tactical genius dropping two players horribly out of form.

In all seriousness, as others have said, a good win but still just changes nothing.

I had a game so never saw the first half, and by all accounts were played really well. But up until the 70th minute, we were dreadful in the second half and lucky to only concede one goal.

Still seeing the same mistakes, and the same type of subs.

6. Bonobhoy

Wanting to loose to get rid of the manager is so far away from being a celtic fan.

We need wins just now and its happened,pleased for him,but 2nd half was dissapointing.

He really needs to wake up to the changes,taking Brown/calmac off for instance

Glad he dropped what needed to be dropped,needs to use Turnbull and Soro more with Griffs also starting.

Mystic Penguin likes this.
  7. McChiellini..

Fav Celtic Song:
    For those who are in love.....
    Played quite well first half. Good tempo and high press..

Second half was utterly predictable though. Our midfield goes missing. We drop off. We look shattered and concede far too many chances from set pieces and cross ball's in the main..

He leaves the subs far too often..

That Motherwell side are poor so I'm no gonna go overboard after last week..

Good win but there's still far too much in there that leads me to believe that it won't be pretty again before long..

Breathnach67 likes this.
  8. jocksteinupper

Fav Celtic Player:
    Henke
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Willy Maley
    What the * happened at HT. Motherwell could at least have been level half way through that second half. That back line is shocking and the way we dropped compared to first half is alarming.

Decent result but that was a perfect example of a papering over the cracks job!!

9. JC Anton Get yer, hats, scarfs badges & tapes

So, so, vulnerable from setpieces.

Needs to be corrected.

Aidan O’Shea and Sgt Neppers* like this.
  10. Peej Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Thom
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Let The People Sing
    Great to get the win today, I've been working so I will not comment on the performance at all.

What I will say is, he still needs to * go.

That interview is a disgrace and the fact he came out with that workout a shred of understanding how stupid it is is laughable.

How can they not be watching the games the next day, win or lose, I'd expect a squad to sit down and go through that.
    Heard on radio Scotland during the game a wee chuckle at the thing, weirdly they seemed to think it should be more common for that not to happen. Madness.

Just shows how out of touch the whole of Scottish football is from the rest of the world.

Anyway, great win today (has it finished 4-1?) Brilliant for us fans. But the manager needs to still vacate. Unfortunately he will use this win and his small acknowledgment of "a sticky patch" as his way of now getting time to fix things. All too late for me.

He's been telling us for weeks we are over reacting to one game. Yet this morning he was admitting to a sticky patch?
    Out.

Sent from my MAR-LX1A using Tapatalk

11. Marty McFly Whoa, this is heavy

Fav Celtic Player:
    Broony
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Celtic Symphony
    Broony was solid at times too. Take him off after an hour I'd say.

But certainly rest him in some games completely

JC Anton and Bonobhoy like this.
  12. Account Deactivated Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Scott Brown
    Good win today, however ideally it should be his last win. We played well first half then collapsed from 45-70 min, he makes his changes based on how the game is panning out rather than being pro-active and it happens time and time again. Refuses to drop/take Brown off even when he's *, Turnbull whats point of having him??

Setplays we are a * disgrace, again a good win but it was a * woeful Motherwell side

13. The Prof Administrator Administrator

Fav Celtic Player:
    Jinky
    We need to see consistency of results and performance.

14. Mince.Charming

You want us to lose and be further behind the huns? Honestly scunnered with * like you.

15. Leone Naka Fan

Fav Celtic Player:
    Nakamura, Moravčik, Petrov, Ki
    Fav Celtic Song:
    You'll Never Walk Alone
    If we could fuse the physicality of Duffy with the intelligence of Bitton... This way, we are stuck with 2 players who are half of a defender, each. Ajer is 3/4, as he's a converted CB.

16. Valhalla Thus spoke Batistuta.

Fav Celtic Player:
    Broony
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Celtic Symphony
    Win will just buy him more time but the same problems are there for all to see.

If we’re serious about this season we need to be making a change during the international break.

Bobo_ and Peej like this.
  17. Sin

Glad to get the 3 points, I hope it doesn't cover over the cracks though.

Changes need to be made.

18. Sean Daleer Free Palestine Gold Member

Good win in the end but Motherwell could easily have been level before our third. A better team will still take advantage of our complacency/sloppiness/laziness.

A good result all the same but it will take more than a win against a very poor Motherwell team to convince me we have turned a corner.

Fool me once yadda yadda...

19. JC Anton Get yer, hats, scarfs badges & tapes

Nah, the criticism is absolutely warranted mate.

It's clear he's not going to be the man to take us forward in future and it's up to fans to recognise that and apply that pressure, when required.

The hope is now we have a platform to get behind Lenny and team to achieve the 10.

20. Just Kieran Gold Member Gold Member

Got the response he wanted. Thought he could have changed it quicker to get Rogic off and get an extra body in midfield as he was clearly struggling and at 2-0 we should be looking to get control and see the game out.

Pressing and instensity was much better, but I'd like to see a bit more control throughout the game. We're always very open and it can make games a bit 50/50 at times.