1. Having trouble logging in by clicking the link at the top right of the page? Click here to be taken to the log in page.
    Dismiss Notice

Alfie Doughty

Discussion in 'Transfer Rumours' started by Officer Doofy, Sep 6, 2020.

Discuss Alfie Doughty in the Transfer Rumours area at TalkCeltic.net.

1. Jeremie Frimpong

We'll end up paying more in a loan fee and wages for Douglas, no doubt.

The_Bhoy likes this.
  2. The_Bhoy

Fav Celtic Player:
    Larsson
    Robertson isn’t the best left back in the world, and when he was good we wouldn’t of been able to afford him so that comparison is irrelevant. He was just okay when at United. We’re haggling over a few hundred k again yet we earnt 25mil from KT. Look at how good ajeti, jullien, barkas have all been from spending money on proven quality. Doughty is not good enough

3. Officer Doofy Come to me, human man Gold Member

Ridiculous thing to say.

Henrik Larsson cost £650k. Another * signing on the cheap, aye?

MacEwan likes this.
  4. MacEwan Himmy Butler Gold Member

That’s the most stupid post I’ve seen. Fees don’t directly relate to ability.

You think Doughty isn’t good enough because we are paying a low fee, you’ve listed a couple of high fees that prove your point?

What about Frimpong, Wanyama, Ajer, Bitton, Griffiths, Christie, Rogic, Matthews, Izzy, Commons etc, etc. All signed for under or around £1m. Not to mention all the free Transfers.

There’s so many factors in a transfer fee. Not just the players ability. Writing a player off because we aren’t spending millions is the behaviour of someone who plays too much FIFA.

5. Hammy89 Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Larsson, McNamara, Moravčík, Boruc and Boyd
    Fav Celtic Song:
    YNWA, Fields Of Athenry and The Celtic Song
    This is what I don't get. There's literally no value in doing this.

The_Bhoy likes this.
  6. Account Deactivated Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Scott Brown
    If he wasn't going to become a free in January we wouldn't * around with this extra 400k, typical us that we risk it as per. Just pay the * money and get the * in

Mike B likes this.
  7. McChiellini..

Fav Celtic Song:
    For those who are in love.....
    Played well again today I saw somewhere, despite them losing..

Get him signed fucksake..

Hope we're no waiting to see if we qualify before pushing the button on anyone else just now..

8. Blochairnbhoy

Fav Celtic Player:
    Scott Sinclair
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Grace
    I still think we will get 2 in and it will come down to 2 things:

qualifiying and a sale of an asset of some sort to cover most if not all of the outlay this summer

9. The_Bhoy

Fav Celtic Player:
    Larsson
    Again terrible comparison. Larsson was good before he came to us. Can you possibly say doughty is as good potential wise from what he’s played professionally so far?

10. The_Bhoy

Fav Celtic Player:
    Larsson
    I’ve not wrote him off from the fee. I’ve wrote him off from what I’ve seen so far of him. And the players I compared fee wise have proved to be good so far so we have proved this window you get what you pay for. Every player you just used fee wise too are way better at the same stage of their careers than doughty is when we signed them too. Can see this being another benyu signing

11. MagicBallBhoy Gold Member Gold Member

if hes playing well his fee will keep rising, cant see this happening its another john mginn saga where were * about wasting time

lawells treating it as a luxury we get a guy where its actually a necessity, hes also giving the tabloids something to write about and make celtic fans think were doing our best

were doing anything but our best to sign a guy for the left side

lawells good at playing the fans with his bullshit, he loves playing these games

Last edited: Sep 29, 2020
  12. MacEwan Himmy Butler Gold Member

How much have you seen of him and how much had you seen of the players I’d listed before they came here, primarily Wanyama, Frimpong, Rogic, Ajer, Izzy and Bitton? I’d understand if you’d seen Matthews, Commons, Griffiths and Christie but even then I’m giving you the benefit of the doubt.

13. Officer Doofy Come to me, human man Gold Member

I have no idea, but he’s doing very well at Charlton and is still only 20 years old. He clearly has potential.

You’re talking absolute *. You had never heard of Wanyama or Frimpong before we signed them and look at them.

We’ve signed players on the cheap who have been great. We’ve signed some who have been *. We’ve signed players for a few million who have been great. We’ve signed some who have been *.

This guy has a good reputation, is young and looks like he’d suit our team. If he only costs £1m or so, even better.

14. Blochairnbhoy

Fav Celtic Player:
    Scott Sinclair
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Grace
    £1m agreed when you see we spent £3m on Bolingoli

15. Foley1888

It does seem very short sighted off us to not just pay the fee or get close to it, given recent experiences with John McGinn.

If he has been identified as a player we want and can fulfil the role we have a gap for then paying just over £1m should be seen as a good move.

He has had good reviews across a number of games including against PL West Ham where their fans were saying the boy looks a player.

I like the fact he has played game’s
    at both left back and as a winger. He has an asset which we have seen can be devastating in attack with Frimpongs impact which is his pace.

It has been said he needs to work on end product which is something that can be said of Frimpong too, whose end product is good but the weekends game also showed if that improved, Frimpong could have had a goal or two and a few assists.

Will he be the right fit for every game? Possibly not, so bringing him in with a more experienced Casper Hojer would give us good options. The Elhamed and Frimpong options on the right work well, we could then have the same on the left for less than £3m.

The fact Doherty can also give an option on either wing would help boost options for another problem position in the squad at the moment.

16. Brian Dunphy

Fav Celtic Player:
    Lubo
    Fav Celtic Song:
    The Merry Plougboy
    2.5 million for Taylor and 3 for Bolii ffs just sign him and pay the million

17. Mike B MikeyBhoyy

Skimping on 1m for a promising player to get him free in January when we need him in NOW is peak Celtic.

18. Foley1888

It won’t even be completely free as we would be due Charlton a nominal development fee which could be a few hundred thousand anyway so saving will be less than a £1m and you run the risk of not getting him.

19. TransferBhoy

He will sign. Lawwell playing the waiting game as usual to get him for the best price possible

Last edited: Sep 29, 2020
    JC Anton likes this.
  20. JC Anton Get yer, hats, scarfs badges & tapes

Is this a guess?