1. Having trouble logging in by clicking the link at the top right of the page? Click here to be taken to the log in page.
    Dismiss Notice

Scott Brown

Discussion in 'Ex Players' started by hkbhoy, May 15, 2007.

Discuss Scott Brown in the Ex Players area at TalkCeltic.net.

1. Paul McAuley

Trying to win ten in a row with ten men every game.

The huns high pressing vs our side to side slow build up gives me the fear.

2. CH4 Gold Member Gold Member

Absolutely ,who do you blame here ?

Lennon for picking an ageing player or Broony no saying too Lennon am done

can’t believe he played the 90 last night and it’s not going down well

a few questions need asked of this management

Dan Breen and celtneill like this.
  3. DuffyBhoy

Fav Celtic Player:
    Petrov/Calmac
    Fav Celtic Song:
    lonesome boatman
    Thee amount of games he was playing at 32,33 and 34 were what were keeping his legs ticking over. The covid stoppage has let time catch up with him IMO. Its great having his leadership qualities in there etc, but our overall play is clearly suffering due to him now, but not just him either.

4. Henrik 07 Gold Member Gold Member

5. PaulM1888 Moderator Moderator Gold Member

He’s racking up the bookings, a sure fire sign he’s starting to slow down :54:

6. Peej Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Thom
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Let The People Sing
    For years he has proved himself to be able to see out a solid season, but think most can be fair to admit now that each season it got more and more obvious how close he was getting to not being able to do it.

This season is it, I hope to * he doesn't completely crumble and we end up turning on him.
    This will take the manager having a set of balls and doing the right thing here, and brown to accept that without being a drama queen - which I don't think he would be.
    Now would be a good time to offer him a new contract that ties him in to a player/coach role. Not sure when his current deal is up though.

I missed last night's game but from what everyone is saying and what I've seen so far this season, it really is time that he plays less and we start to play a team that doesn't rely on him.
    He will always be there on the sidelines and dressing room to shout abuse and motivation at the players when needed and also able to come on and give a bit more fight when needed.

Some games really in the league does not need a holding midfielder, yet we seem to play two even at times.

Sent from my MAR-LX1A using Tapatalk

buchanbhoy likes this.
  7. horseshoe

Still can't see Lennon dropping the captain, but the ridiculous rate he's picking up bookings is going to force his hand, be interesting to see what middle 3 he goes with and how we set up without him.

8. Lewis Kerr

Broony simply has too much pride and seems to be stubborn when sitting out games he has no reason to be involved in. I get it, it's who he is, he's a warrior that will play through anything for Celtic. I admire him for it but when it's detrimental to the team it becomes an issue.

Unless Lenny grows a pair he will continue to start most games and play for 90 minutes.

I just pray it doesn't haunt us. He can still be a leader in the dressing room and from the bench. Even Barcelona phased out Iniesta and Xavi when their legs were done. But we continue to overplay Brown at this age. It's ludicrous

9. MagicBallBhoy Gold Member Gold Member

right what one of yous * is nathan ?

cant believe a celtic fan went on to broonies twitter feed to tell him to chuck it, ffs

10. Conlon

Fav Celtic Player:
    Past - Henrik .... Present - Who knows
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Let The People Sing... among others
    the guys replied abt you on broonys page[​IMG]

Sent from my SM-G973F using Tapatalk

11. MagicBallBhoy Gold Member Gold Member

lol

ffs

12. McChiellini..

Fav Celtic Song:
    For those who are in love.....
    All kidding aside what a rat * directly messaging him on his insta feed telling him to chuck it..

Big difference to people talking amongst their selves on social media to going out their way to tell a player on his own insta/twitter etc..

Scum..

Last edited: Sep 18, 2020
  13. jafa

Fav Celtic Player:
    King of kings
    I dont disagree, but why does he have /need one? Hes only setting himself up for the abuse. Or is it an ego thing for him? Either way, he`ll happilly be accepting of the praise when due, so in a way has to accept there will be others that dont always agree with him. And having an instagram account is only giving people a platform to do so.

14. Callum McGregor The Captain Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Lubomir Moravcik
    Fav Celtic Song:
    You'll Never Walk Alone
    Broony’s been in the game too long to let a random comment online bother him. :56:

DragQueenHoops likes this.
  15. Seán Mac D Gold Member Gold Member

Nah

McChiellini.. likes this.
  16. DragQueenHoops

Fav Celtic Song:
    Fields of Athenry
    Think Broony will thrive off any criticism has done the last few years. I actually think he was worse at the start of last season with his injuries carrying on. Thinks he is being exposed by calmac and Christie in the middle. As theyre not good ball winners.

Just saying I wrote him off last season I'm not doing it again

17. McChiellini..

Fav Celtic Song:
    I'd like to know our turnovers with McGregor as he's probably been the best out the 3 of them for it this season from what I've seen in a few game's at least..

18. DragQueenHoops

Fav Celtic Song:
    Fields of Athenry
    According to whoscored.com (first time they've recorded SPL data)

Callum McGregor has made a 1.5 tackles 1.2 interceptions and 1.5 fouls and been dribbled past 1 per game

In contrast, Scott Brown 1.2 tackles 0.8 interceptions and 2.3 fouls and dibbled past 1.2 times per game.

Very similar stats. Browns have definitely dropped off from last year. Neither imo are good enough to be a holding players stats.

If Brown is suspended or dropped / injured for the old firm I'd would most like to see Elhamed take his place. For me, Elhamed has great pace, is strong in the tackle, is experienced and can play.

McChiellini.. likes this.
  19. McChiellini..

Fav Celtic Song:
    The fact McGregor is more of a deep sitting playmaker type now next to Broony and is still higher than Broony for tackles and interceptions says it all..

Elhamed there isn't the worst shout by the way and I'm sure he played there regularly in Romania..

Valhalla likes this.
  20. buchanbhoy

Fav Celtic Player:
    jimmy johnstone
    Fav Celtic Song:
    willie malley song
    If Lenny continues to play him all the time then it will just run him into the ground and tarnish Broony brilliant reputation as of Celtics great leaders , Lenny give the guy a break and give him some bench time so he can still have a big influence on the 11 playing .