1. Having trouble logging in by clicking the link at the top right of the page? Click here to be taken to the log in page.
    Dismiss Notice

Neil Lennon

Discussion in 'Ex Players' started by romeo9535, Apr 17, 2016.

Discuss Neil Lennon in the Ex Players area at TalkCeltic.net.

1. thailandceltic From Immigration to Domination

Fav Celtic Player:
    Paddy
    Fav Celtic Song:
    hail hail
    Hate to break this to ya but Scottish football is utter *. We dwarf all teams including the huns in terms of spending, wages, effin everything. If we are not winning the league and cup every year something is very very wrong.

Celtic should be performing in Europe and not getting pumped by Hungarian Romanian and Danish nobodies...

The_Bhoy and Breathnach67 like this.
  2. thailandceltic From Immigration to Domination

Fav Celtic Player:
    Paddy
    Fav Celtic Song:
    hail hail
    Exactly.. and if he hadn't of changed a winning team against Copenhagen and played Calmac at right back against Cluj.. how many chances does he need?

3. mayo

Celtic fans are the best in the world, you don’t become the best fans in the world without being as passionate as *. Lenny * up last night. I’m one of Lennys biggest fans. I strongly believe he will lead us to the ten but after this season I now believe to make inroads in Europe we need someone with a it more about them tactically. No doubt he’s hurting just as much as the rest of us and it’s at times like these he needs us as supporters to back him more then ever. In Lennon we trust.

buchanbhoy likes this.
  4. GuttleGob

"It was easier than I thought it was going to be. We didn't take our chances and we had plenty of them". — Neil Lennon

Comments from a manager who didn't play a striker for most of the game.

littlekennie likes this.
  5. Mr Shelby Moderator Moderator Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Larsson. Forever and always.
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Symphony
    It's an excuse to make people feel better.

Its embarrassing.

Breathnach67 likes this.
  6. thailandceltic From Immigration to Domination

Fav Celtic Player:
    Paddy
    Fav Celtic Song:
    hail hail
    Im sorry mate but I dont trust Lennon with this squad.

7. Raoul Duke

Fav Celtic Player:
    Lubomir Moravcik
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Celtic Symphony
    If it weren't for europe we wouldn't have players like edouard or jullien, people's fixation with 10iar could set us back years, and evidently it already has.

8. ticketyboo0 Gold Member Gold Member

Klimala has has a full pre season, came out of lockdown bulked up and looking fit so how the * is he not ready? He has had the same amount of pre season as everyone else just missing the minutes on the park. If eddy is out for longer then can we expect to see that same formation due to the fact that klimala/ajeti haven't gotten the required minutes on the park to be match fit?

9. Mr Shelby Moderator Moderator Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Symphony
    Earlier exit from the champions league in 15 years.

Suffering *.

Valhalla likes this.
  10. Officer Doofy Come to me, human man Gold Member

Spot on.

We don’t have a clear style or patterns of play. It was the same last season.

We relied/rely on Eddy or Christie coming up with a moment of magic or goal out of nowhere.

As has been said, Lenny just isn’t a tactician and he never has been. He’s a motivator, which is a big factor in our wins against Barca a years ago and Lazio.

But put him up against a lesser team, but an organised team, with a savvy manager and he’s in trouble.

thailandceltic likes this.
  11. thailandceltic From Immigration to Domination

Fav Celtic Player:
    Paddy
    Fav Celtic Song:
    hail hail
    Exactly.... he looks clueless at times against inferior opposition that have a game plan. His job is to out think them, he seems incapable of doing this

SuperZidane likes this.
  12. buchanbhoy

Fav Celtic Player:
    jimmy johnstone
    Fav Celtic Song:
    willie malley song
    I love Lenny but he really worries me .
    Lenny selected the team last night so he must start dropping his favourites when they are not performing.
    We are allowed 5 substitutes so * use them when things are not going to plan and don’t wait until there is 15 minutes remaining to change the game .
    I honestly think he needs an experienced coach into support him as Lenny is tactically rather naive .

13. Mickmac Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    James Forrest
    Fav Celtic Song:
    YNWA
    So what you're saying is when we get a good score it's all down to the players but when it's a bad score it's all the managers fault - doesn't make sense. It's usually a combination of the two. The team Lenny put out created enough chances to win the game but didn't take them, that's the players fault and we had plenty of proven goalscorers on the pitch.
    We should have played a striker from the start and changed it earlier in the 2nd half, that's on Lenny.
    It was the same against Copenhagen - the players picked created enough chances to win and missed them but the team selection could have been better.
    I don't know what we do about losing to inferior teams - it's difficult to work out exactly why it's happening - it started under BR. It can't all be Lenny's fault as he got us some great results last year and even in the game last night and both games against Copenhagen we were the better team.
    The criticism of Lennon is getting hysterical again. Unfortunately with the players/finances we have this is the level we are at. All managers have their faults and I don't think Lennon has any more than any other manager and I doubt if we'd be doing any better with another manager.
    It's been a combination of some poor play, some bad decisions and some bad luck that's got us where we are. We need to go back to 352 at least domestically and stop playing players out of position.

14. thailandceltic From Immigration to Domination

Fav Celtic Player:
    Paddy
    Fav Celtic Song:
    hail hail
    But but but Lazio....

littlekennie likes this.
  15. Henrik 07 Gold Member Gold Member

16. JML67 Gold Member Gold Member

This is the thing, he can set us up when we're underdogs but struggles to get results when we are favourites/dominating. It's so strange.

We should've been so much more positive last night in the setup and our approach. He actually paid Ferencvaros too much respect but the team looked like they themselves didn't know how to approach the game and we were hesitant in every part of our game.

We've got good players for that level and should've been salivating at the opportunity of a home tie to allow us to play our way - but what even is that right now?

I'm totally scunnered man.

17. Mr Shelby Moderator Moderator Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Symphony
    The point about having no clear way of playing is a good one.

Something I noticed last night and in other games, our midfield is just non existent far too often. If you were to pause then game and look at screenshots you would likely be horrified by the positioning of our players.

Their press was miles better than ours as well. We dont have a press. One guy goes. That's it.

Keano88 and Mickmac like this.
  18. cas79

Fav Celtic Player:
    Larsson
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Just can't get enough
    The fact he didn't see or think it was important to play a striker last night is extremely worrying, it's not the first time hes done similar were it be players out of positions when others are available, tactical changes that dont make sense, or playing a fuckjng champions league qualifying round with no * striker, hes got previous of these type of things,I didnt want him in the job first time and I dont see any thing that got him the job second time other than panic from the board, for me the jury is out we need better

Sent from my SM-A920F using Tapatalk

19. Officer Doofy Come to me, human man Gold Member

Hartson scared to criticise his mate, what a shock.

Was quick enough to go after Deila when he failed in Europe.

Rydo1888*, The_Bhoy, Keano88 and 4 others like this.
  20. Henke102

Alot of questions needing to be answered. "Match fit" seems a bit of an outdated term also, should be up to the Sport Scientists who are paid very well to get players fit and say they are ready for the rigours of a UCL Qualifier and a league campaign. The excuse of match-fit seems to me that they don't think he is ready to be trusted to lead the line (Klimala).

Pretty sure that they said last night that Ferencvaros had only played 2 competitive matches this term. Does that make them not match fit yet?

Dressing Room seems to be in a bit of a mess, can take it from Craig Gordon event, where he was basically criticising us in the media for the way we treated the negotiations/lack of (no fan of Gordons but we should have handled this better, give the media no ammo). Forster also left under a bit of a cloud, where we still aren't 100% if he wanted to go back down south or if we didn't match wages etc. Bolingoli event was a shambles, Griffiths not being fit or not wanting to play when we need an established striker. 10IAR is salvageable of course, but think we need a huge clear out next season. Starting all the way to the top. The Chairman's objectives should be football-related not financially related, yes we have won a 3xtreble, but Europe wise clubs seem to be running rings around us of a similar or lesser standing than us.

The_Bhoy likes this.