1. Having trouble logging in by clicking the link at the top right of the page? Click here to be taken to the log in page.
    Dismiss Notice

Boli Bolingoli-Mbombo

Discussion in 'Ex Players' started by Keano88, Jul 3, 2019.

Discuss Boli Bolingoli-Mbombo in the Ex Players area at TalkCeltic.net.

1. _DannyBhoy_ Gold Member Gold Member

I can’t see it mate. He wouldn’t have been in the squad if we were aware of it.

jocksteinupper likes this.
  2. Henke102

If Celtic can prove that they pre warned all players of the COVID rules, taken all necessary precautions etc also, then surely it could be argued that it is unfair to impose any sort of sanctions.

The player has clearly breached Govt, League and Club guidelines and declared himself available for a game. What else can Celtic do short of controlling players passports and track movements on days off.

Just depends now if we choose to fire him under the bus or shoulder some blame.

seanm likes this.
  3. paulie walnuts Moderator Moderator Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Neil lennon
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Just cant get enough
    Why would UEFA block us because one of our players went to Spain? Full teams from Spain are allowed to play in euro competitions.

celtic20 likes this.
  4. Artorias

Fav Celtic Player:
    Larsson
    I don't think so. Wasn't Lennon slaughtering the Aberdeen boys? He'll have been made to look a right * by Boli.

Last edited: Aug 11, 2020
    seanm and jocksteinupper like this.
  5. jocksteinupper

Fav Celtic Player:
    Henke
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Willy Maley
    coz he took the vengabus and no the team plane, innit!!

6. Jeremie Frimpong

I think the worry is that the Scottish government stops the game from going ahead.

KennyBhoy87, Rydo1888*, seanm and 2 others like this.
  7. StevieBhoooy!

Hopefully not since he was in the squad.... disappointingly though it means that yesterday’s performance was unrelated... and the team were just *.

A team playing in the ‘uefa bubble’ of a designated country/stadium setup isn’t the same as a player going rogue and * off to a virus hotspot for some r&r.

8. Breathnach67

Fav Celtic Song:
    The White and The Green
    I really don’t see how the club can’t have known a player was away for 4 days. This is not looking good.

The_Bhoy, davidhannah and seanm like this.
  9. seanm

* is going on.HH

10. jocksteinupper

Fav Celtic Player:
    Henke
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Willy Maley
    Boli * off to Espana for a couple of days between last week and yesterday and no * knew!! That's probably the best outcome other than he's got an identical twin no * knows about either!!

seanm likes this.
  11. Hope N Ur Heart

Fav Celtic Player:
    Jimmy Johnstone followed closely by Henrik
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Them all!!
    He obviously thought he was being fly.Not only has he put the club in a terrible position,but also the other players and their families.I would sack the *,if this is true.

seanm likes this.
  12. CheGuevara

Fav Celtic Player:
    Danny McGrain
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Grace
    he has to go. That is * ridiculous

13. HoopswithPride

Fav Celtic Player:
    Paul "The Maestro" McStay
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Hail, Hail
    Well where the * to start with this absolute * show. Aberdeen took a pounding all weekend and deservedly so.
    This equally, if not more * stupid or brainless a task. While he tested negative on the Thursday tests, its suggested it could take up 10 days to show symptoms.

He has put at risk, from the Thursday he was back within the squad and staff (and as a consequence family and others). Then in contact with Killie players and subsequently their staff and others on the Sunday. Let alone those in his own situation.

I wondered how the * the club hadn't noticed. For example, he was on the against Hamilton but never played. So on the Monday, he would have probably done a full training session or at least a recovery session. On the Tuesday he would have trained, I believe this would have been the day of the 1st testing. It has been way of training for some time now, that the day off is usually mid week (depending on fixtures), rather than the start. So I would presume that Wednesday would have been a day off. And Thursday would be the testing day for the weekend fixture. Obviously this is total guesswork and assumption. So on that basis it would appear that between the end of training on Tuesday and Wednesday he spent time in Spain.

Unless they're extenuating circumstances, which I then assume the club would know about. It beggers belief that this sort of action was taken. Then also to not say anything, even when the Aberdeen stuff kicked off is even more bewildering.

Even at that, I still find it hard to believe that no-one at the club had any idea of this or thought that it wouldn't reach public knowledge.

We're now at a stage of unknown. The domestic season is at risk, European Football is at risk(for all Scottish clubs) and potentially all the clubs financial futures, especially if the domestic season is halted.

Like the Aberdeen players. Why on earth after months on end of no football and weeks of time of and effort getting use to the new climate, did he think such actions were acceptable.

I'm sorry, but for me he cannot and shouldn't be trusted as part of this team going forward. His actions have shown that he is a liability. We have until October to sell or loan him.

And that applies to any other players who are willing to risk this season, this clubs future and other peoples hard earned sacrifices(financially etc) in order to support the club.

* livid with what I've seen tonight.

The_Bhoy and seanm like this.
  14. Noskeil

Fav Celtic Player:
    King of kings
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Willy Maley
    I didn’t realise the club had come out publicly and stated that he was awol, apologies.

seanm likes this.
  15. _DannyBhoy_ Gold Member Gold Member

Boli has struggled to make a number of squads over his time here so I just can’t comprehend that the club would throw him into the squad and put him on the pitch knowing what he had done. Not a chance.

He’s an idiot. Can’t see how there is any way back for him. His performances on the pitch weren’t doing him any favours either.

Artorias and seanm like this.
  16. StevieBhoooy!

Fckk his insincere apologies ... he knew what he was doing...

Lawwell needs to do a ‘Mutu’ on the waster.

Would show that we value the rules and health of all over anything else and set an example that might wake the rest of football up to the realities of now.

Plus... we get shot of him :34:

Last edited: Aug 11, 2020
    seanm likes this.
  17. Spring Time Gold Member Gold Member

Looks like we got the one that’s the good dominoes player.

jocksteinupper and seanm like this.
  18. Paul McAuley

Get him to *. Don’t want to be geen there’s * any excuse to dock points.

Even if this was Eddy or Moi I would want them gone. No excuse for that.

Where do we go from here? Track and trace should make Celtic and Kilmarnock isolate. I had to do it coming back from Spain. I went out my way to get a test but that didn’t matter because the virus can lay dormant for 2 weeks.

* bolingoli get him to *.

jake10 likes this.
  19. TonyTim Gold Member Gold Member

Get rid now and make an example. A player who doesnt get a starting place putting all our players and staff at risk not to mention the League campaign. SPFL and the Huns will use any excuse to stop the 10 . A bad judgement my *, he knew what he was doing, blatantly flaunting the Club and Government rules and guidelines. He should be quarantining for 2 weks but I think he has been doing that since last season anyway. Get rid and being Hickey from Hearts in.

seanm likes this.
  20. buchanbhoy

Fav Celtic Player:
    jimmy johnstone
    Fav Celtic Song:
    willie malley song
    If it is true and he went to Spain without the clubs knowledge then I hope the club throw the book at him .
    What a * mess .

seanm likes this.