1. Having trouble logging in by clicking the link at the top right of the page? Click here to be taken to the log in page.
    Dismiss Notice

Fraser Forster

Discussion in 'Ex Players' started by JC Anton, Jan 13, 2016.

Discuss Fraser Forster in the Ex Players area at TalkCeltic.net.

1. jambo_cfc

He wants the deal now doesnt want another loan with option to but which is understandable , between the clubs now to sort this out , loan with a obligation to buy in january or sunmer may suit both clubs and give forster the reassurance that his long term future is with celtic

Tommy25 likes this.
  2. Ziggy

Fav Celtic Player:
    Mjallby
    I think he's to holding off to see if other teams are interested

Just my opinion though

Peej, Lennon1888 and Dan Breen like this.
  3. Blochairnbhoy

Fav Celtic Player:
    Scott Sinclair
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Grace
    He wants Celtic to make the move permanent the now and a 4 year deal Celtic won’t do it the now so can understand why the bigman is * off

4. Ziggy

Fav Celtic Player:
    Mjallby
    4 year deal

First I've heard of that

5. Blochairnbhoy

Fav Celtic Player:
    Scott Sinclair
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Grace
    Read it in one of those Celtic blog things

6. CookieMonster Geez yer cookies Gold Member

He’s not long back down in Southampton so he’s probably taking time to look at options. If it’s another loan that was agreed then understand he’d want a perm move but if it was a permanent move agreed it’s probably down to wages, he’d be looking at least a 50% cut.

It’s a tough time to take that cut especially at 32 and he’s not a Celtic fan either.

7. Dan Breen

Fav Celtic Song:
    Grace
    ????

8. Lilac Wine

Fav Celtic Player:
    Broony
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Grace
    It'll be nothing to do with wages as he would be getting full whack if he was here on loan and he could easily run down his 2 years at Southampton. Even if we signed him for 4 years he'd only be making the same money cause we're never offering any 32 year old more than £45k a week no matter how good they are.

Can't blame him for taking his time, just feels it's taking ages cause he's the one player we really want above all others.

Tommy25 likes this.
  9. Senna s1979

Fav Celtic Player:
    Danny McGrain
    It's everything to do with wages.
    We don't pay the full 100% of his current wage (thought to be 70k+ a week, so we probably pay half that and Southampton the rest), so in order for us to sign him permanently he would have to bring his demands down drastically.
    A newly promoted Championship side wouldn't baulk at paying a keeper like him 45-50k a week, and we won't compete with even that.
    He is at the age where he'd be looking at a wage cut regardless of where he went, but 50% of your wages to lose is a lot, even if you are still being paid £2million a year.

JC Anton likes this.
  10. Lilac Wine

Fav Celtic Player:
    Broony
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Grace
    I was taking into consideration him saying he would never say no to us. I know he could get more than we'd pay him elsewhere but he appears to want to come here and he knows our wage bracket. If he stayed at Southampton another two years he'd get the same wages as 4 years elsewhere.

I'm not convinced he's wanting more than £45k a week. If we got him for £5m I wouldn't mind us paying him that over 4 years as I think he's got a few left in him. It's just going to be very difficult to find someone even close to him.

11. Ziggy

Fav Celtic Player:
    Mjallby
    We agreed a loan deal with an option to buy at the end of the season. I really don't see what he is losing from that. He is still getting his wages in full. I genuinely think he's had his head turned by possible other offers. Maybe Chelsea are genuinely interested

The_Bhoy likes this.
  12. Seán Mac D Gold Member Gold Member

Good to see you back mate, hope all is well :50:

13. Scott smyth

Fav Celtic Player:
    Mikael lustig
    Fav Celtic Song:
    The celtic song, the best ever
    Thing is Marshall would then relegate Bain to number 3 if another goalie came in. Surely we get 1 quality keeper with Bain back up and have the 2 young lads as back up.

Lilac Wine and The_Bhoy like this.
  14. wulliebad

Honestly i don't blame him,he has been here a year and now back down south and we are offering another loan.The guy wants some security on his job front and maybe his family side of things as well.If he was signed he could buy home and move any family he wants to.But i would not be surprised if its all smoke and mirrors because we won't pay the 70k-100k a week he is on.....but he has knows that since we first sold him.

Lilac Wine likes this.
  15. Ziggy

Fav Celtic Player:
    Mjallby
    I don't think he has kids

16. Account Deactivated Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Scott Brown
    Has every right to take his time, hopefully at the end of it he chooses us, and hopefully we offer him the security he needs (4 year deal), He's coming into his peak now as a goalkeeper and 4 years is perfect for us, hopefully within those 4 years we have a good young keeper as backup for a couple who can then take the reigns on once the big man leaves. If he doesn't re-sign then good luck to him hope he gets 1st team football in Prem and back in England squads. Its on us to be prepared to sign a top goalkeeper if he doesn't re sign, and David Marshall isn't it.

17. The_Bhoy

Fav Celtic Player:
    Larsson
    Weird how everyone thinks his word his gospel when all he said was he’d never say no to us. Every player talks up clubs don’t they when they’re at them, he’s not gonna say “actually, unless they offer me top wage and 4 years I’m not coming back”. Think it’s a very big thing if Lenny has come out and said what he has. Especially with specifically saying it’s frase who’s gone quiet

18. Ziggy

Fav Celtic Player:
    Mjallby
    Why not tell us or Southampton that he wanted a permanent deal from the start before us going to the trouble of arranging another loan and a fee for later down the road

19. Scott smyth

Fav Celtic Player:
    Mikael lustig
    Fav Celtic Song:
    The celtic song, the best ever
    But why did we go for a loan in the first place then. He's a Saints player at the end of the day. According to Lenny we had a loan deal agreed for this season and a deal to sign full time after it agreed as well. Why couldn't we just sign him then, no loan. Its not as if we don't know the player and its a big risk. The more this goes on the more I think he's looking for another deal elsewhere.

20. Ziggy

Fav Celtic Player:
    Mjallby
    I think other teams have shown interest