1. Having trouble logging in by clicking the link at the top right of the page? Click here to be taken to the log in page.
    Dismiss Notice

Leigh Griffiths

Discussion in 'Ex Players' started by Vertie Auld, Jan 31, 2014.

Discuss Leigh Griffiths in the Ex Players area at TalkCeltic.net.

1. Cringer67

The problem is another ref could have sent him off. Think back to livi game when Christie got sent off. Livi played that day the exact same way as Hamilton did today. At 1-0 down , had Griff been sent off and the way Hamilton were playing, we were not winning that game. Keeping our discipline cannot be underestimated therefor, as a lack of it will probably result in the only times we drop points.

2. jocksteinupper

Fav Celtic Player:
    Henke
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Willy Maley
    Suprised Sutty didn't say the guy was holding his foot when that * Mccoist starting saying he could have gone the other way. It would have been a lot * easier to do that if the guy wasn't holding his other foot.

Mccoist is only starting spouting this * now because he's jealous Monster Munch's getting all the love letters from them now!!

We've seen this movie hundreds of times before guys.....the desparate clutching is beginning and i'm gonna love every * minute of it!! Slurp it up!!!!

3. Seán Mac D Gold Member Gold Member

He did actually but the fat clown jumped in to interrupt him.

Morcombe and McChiellini.. like this.
  4. jocksteinupper

Fav Celtic Player:
    Henke
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Willy Maley
    Must've missed it mate....i thought i was going mad. The guy had his foot ffs!!

Morcombe likes this.
  5. McChiellini..

Fav Celtic Song:
    For those who are in love.....
    Aye it was all very clumsy..

Can't see if it's enough to make Griff stand on him like that but Griff was definitely rattled a d acting fly before the 'stamp' in that incident..

Don't think he meant to stand on him like that but he was deffo annoyed just before..

Gyp Rosetti and Seán Mac D like this.
  6. Onefootwonder

It's somewhere in the middle for me.

I can see why it was a yellow, but equally if it was red I couldn't argue that it was unfair.

7. CookieMonster Geez yer cookies Gold Member

It's not a stamp, the boy catches Griffs boot as he goes to walk over him, tries to hope and ends up standing on but with no force.

Griff needs to be smarter there and keep the head, just turn the other way and walk away after the boy hits the deck, don't give the ref a chance. It's good to see the fight and hunger in him but there's a line, just needs to keep his cool.

8. Blochairnbhoy

Fav Celtic Player:
    Scott Sinclair
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Grace
    Where were you the past few games praising him doofy? First chance to stick boot in the day!

why don’t you just say what we all know you don’t like Griffiths!

btw in 2015/16 without Griffiths we would have lost title to Aberdeen!

but that’s the past not today as you would say!

9. Pogues

Not great today but his movement got the guy sent off and led to the equaliser. Still a lot more to come but he'll get there.

Blochairnbhoy likes this.
  10. Officer Doofy Come to me, human man Gold Member

It’s pretty evident I don’t like him. Don’t need to spell that out.

Well yeah that is the past...bit of a weird thing to bring up.

I’m glad he scored a few goals recently and I hope he keeps it up for the sake of the team. However unlike some, I don’t think it’s evidence that “he’s back”. Got plenty to prove until we can say that for certain. Needs to stay fit for an extended period of time, for a start.

His all round play has still been mediocre at best. Which has always been my biggest problem with him.

11. Sydneysider

Their No. 12 (Woods ?) gave a Griff a "forearm smash" as they turned, then he dived and held his leg trying to pull Griff over.

Clear as day , deliberate violent conduct. Not even a yellow ! but one for Gogic for dissent.

12. Blochairnbhoy

Fav Celtic Player:
    Scott Sinclair
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Grace
    Celtic fan admitting to not liking a guy who has over 100 goals for us and has played his part in our success since 2014 your a special breed mate!

13. Officer Doofy Come to me, human man Gold Member

Eh, not really. On this forum alone there’s plenty of fans who can’t stand Craig Gordon, who has also been here since 2014, made more appearances than Griffiths in a Celtic shirt and was our number 1 keeper during the treble treble era.

Just because someone plays for us, doesn’t mean every fan has to like him.

Dan Breen likes this.
  14. Dan Breen

Fav Celtic Song:
    Grace
    Just needs to be a tad more street wise.
    Just wondering if he should be on the bench at Motherwell? Given his past injuries/fitness issues, are we running the risk of breaking him, that's what, 4 games in 16 days????

15. Random Review

Fav Celtic Player:
    Jinky (ever) Lubo (modern era), KT (current)
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Fields of Athenry
    Got to be honest, for me it's a stonewall red. Watching it back in slow motion, it's not as bad as it first seemed. He clearly doesn't plant his full weight, thank *.

But it's still a definite red for me. We got away with one there. Moments like these can literally cost you titles.

Dan Breen likes this.
  16. Liam Scales Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Broony
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Celtic Symphony, YNWA, Grace
    His all round play got a guy sent off yesterday and on the weekend part of his all round play helped produce one of the more satisfying team goals of the season with Ntchams.

Think it’s pretty clear to see Eddy’s really enjoying being next to him as well.

Mental that a guy can score 110 goals for Celtic and have Celtic fans not liking him.

17. Liam Scales Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Broony
    Fav Celtic Song:
    It’s one of those inbetween ones for me, I wouldn’t complain at a red but I think a yellow is probably justified. Problem is, it probably should have been two yellows. He reacted to Gogic in the same way that got Gogic booked.

Random Review likes this.
  18. Seán Mac D Gold Member Gold Member

It's not a red for me but Lennon needs to have a word with him to calm his emotions and focus solely on the game. He's getting drawn into situations that he really doesn't have to be in.

That goes for when one of our own players makes a mistake, have a constructive conversation with him rather than just moaning the face off folk.

Ciaran-Celtic1 and Liam Scales like this.
  19. Liam Scales Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Broony
    Fav Celtic Song:
    He’ll never stop the moaning, some players are just like that. Him and Tony Stokes had to be the moaniest partnership in history :56::56:

Seán Mac D likes this.
  20. JC Anton Get yer, hats, scarfs badges & tapes

I think having two up top, has made a massive difference..

He has clever movement and his runs in behind with Edouard coming short, must be a nightmare to defend against.

Was poor yesterday but was very unlucky with his free kick, again with Edouard and him both lining up to hit free kicks, one with the left and one with the right, must be a nightmare for a GK.

I’m so happy that Griff is back playing, he’s made a difference in every game since the break. I thought maybe his time was up but I’m so happy for him..

Still more to come too, and more people to continue to clamp.