1. Having trouble logging in by clicking the link at the top right of the page? Click here to be taken to the log in page.
    Dismiss Notice

Terrible Recruitment

Discussion in 'Celtic Chat' started by G_portillo, Aug 13, 2019.

Discuss Terrible Recruitment in the Celtic Chat area at TalkCeltic.net.

1. wulliebad

What a pity the rat * us over as soon as he could.....signing 6 month loans and * off before the * hit the fan.
    Meaning when the summer window got here we lost something like 6 players and 4 or 5 of them were in defence.

I will take lennon over the rat any day of the week,it also means we got griff back.....so * the rat.

Lenny will come good,two signings on the bench aye they were dropped but they have not even got 10 games between them.

This mess we are in is not down to lennon,its our * club every window waiting to see if we have CL before spending money then blowing a whole 3 million on some useless * when we fail and panic buy.

2. Valhalla Thus spoke Batistuta.

Fav Celtic Player:
    Broony
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Celtic Symphony
    Still trying to excuse Lennon.

Embarrassing...

3. wulliebad

aye ok then.

4. Metrobhoy

Fav Celtic Player:
    Lubo, Naka and Koki
    Fav Celtic Song:
    YNWA
    I'm not judging any of the new signings at this stage. Be silly to!

jimbobers likes this.
  5. Belgian_lad

This! We need a structure in place that has a huge database of players. But as well the Dof needs to approach parents, build connections with players and try and sign the best youngster. Even when they cannot sign the youngsters those connections can come in handy in later years. Someone who as well knows about contract situations, character etc of all relevant players for us. Everything is wrong when PL is responsible for our recruitment.

This together with our youth setup and we will be fine.

6. bhoy81

from parkhead glasgow but now live in merseyside
    Utter mince.

Lawwell * over Rodgers, both last summer and then in the January window.

Can you really blame him for walking away? I called him a * at the time but it’s the powers at be who have * us,.

You can’t keep blaming Rodgers and his staff.

Lennon * it last night, playing our best midfielder at left back, having 10 million worth of talent signed on the bench, don’t make the excuses about game time the right back has been here less.

He failed to act at half time, he failed to act to hold a lead when in front, he failed this massive test.

It’s Lennon’s fault last night and it’s the boards fault downgrading our playing side for years and it’s their fault we are in this mess now.

joemc likes this.
  7. MagicBallBhoy Gold Member Gold Member

clubs have sacked managers for far less but celtic wont sack lennon not just now because they know they are culpable aswell and if they sack him it will come out about the boards shenanigans

the other thing its very easy to blame rodgers for everything

firstly he was an employee on £2m to 3m a year he wasnt managing celtic because he loved us he did it because we paid him handsomely i bet because of his high reputation he was like martin oneil and guaranteed a certain amount of money and after a while the funds started drying up the same as with martin oneil

so i rodgers is a * he left us (we got 7million quid) 3 months before the end of the season a season in which started by all * breaking loose due to boyata falling out and refusing to play and us getting knocked out of the champions league because of poor defense right back lustig hopeless costing us goals and our best world class striker in since larson getting sold just at close of window it was clear that rodgers was either * things up or he wasnt been supported that then ended up with the bollocks that was teh january window which was embarassing which made it even clearer rodgers wasnt going to be here next season, leiceter asked for permisssion to speak to him rodgers wanted out couldnt stand working with lawell anymore and the club got 7 million quid

basically a top class manager is a sellable asset like a player these days and we were handomely paid for rodgers

bit conspirational but i reckon neil lennon was sounded out about a return to celtic and thats why he bailed on hibs

Last edited: Aug 14, 2019
  8. Officer Doofy Come to me, human man Gold Member

Anyone saying they would take Lennon over Rodgers (“snake” “rat” stuff aside) are * idiots and letting heart rule head.

Night and day in terms of managerial ability.

Valhalla likes this.
  9. murphy88

He was going through a shocking run at Hibs and had lost the dressing room it appeared. He is the luckiest manager alive to be in the position he is just now.

Valhalla likes this.
  10. MagicBallBhoy Gold Member Gold Member

aye your probably right

letting my paranoia run lol

11. Valhalla Thus spoke Batistuta.

Fav Celtic Player:
    Broony
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Celtic Symphony
    Yep.

The fact they had to announce it in the midst of a Treble Treble celebration says it all.

They know he’s not good enough and pulled a fast one.

12. HTG "I have an uncle who does Yoga"

Fav Celtic Player:
    CCV
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Let the people sing
    I have never felt such a change in emotions when he was appointed that day :56:

Valhalla likes this.
  13. barry1916

Fav Celtic Player:
    Neil Lennon
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Willie Maley Song
    The board * Brendan over with Dembele and McGinn last September and Rodgers most likely said to himself "im gonna * yous over the next opportunity i get", and he did in February.

The board has done exactly the same with Lenny this summer messing him about and Lenny decided last night to do a power play with Left back by dropping Boli and saying to the board "you just sold my best left back, get me a new one" and it backfired.

Power play *-show

bhoy81 likes this.
  14. Valhalla Thus spoke Batistuta.

Fav Celtic Player:
    Broony
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Celtic Symphony
    I still remember posting the tweet of the announcement and people thinking it was a joke :56:

HTG likes this.
  15. murphy88

I genuinely thought it was a wind up when I first heard about it after the cup final. When you bring in a manager like Rodgers and dominate as we did, you have to try and bring in someone on that level again and try and progress. We went for a manager who had went backwards after leaving us and not even close to Rodgers level. That's the reality of it.

Last edited: Aug 14, 2019
    neilly1987 and Valhalla like this.
  16. murphy88

Your first point about the board and Rodgers is spot on in my opinion. People talk about Rodgers * is over, which he did. However he probably felt no loyalty towards the board as they had threw him under the bus in the Champs League qualifiers. It wasn't all that long before Rodgers left that the Green Brigade had a display about back him or lose him, and it was largely backed by the support. if the board's ambitions had met Rodgers and the fans, who knows what would have happened. He might still have left us, he might still have been here.

MickeyyMack likes this.
  17. straighttalker

Fav Celtic Player:
    Big Vic
    It's recruitment and it's coaching. A good coach brings the best out of average players, like Rodgers and o Neill did and Strachan to an extent.

Lennon is a sub-average coach who is causing good players to regress.

18. Seán Mac D Gold Member Gold Member

Well that's clearly not true. Edouard, Christie and Ntcham fleetingly have all improved markedly since Lennon came in.

I'm all for constructive criticism of his poor tactics, formation and substitutions last night but there's no need to make things up to suit your argument.

Avatar Daizen and MickeyyMack like this.
  19. moravcik1888

Fav Celtic Player:
    Paul McStay
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Fields of Athenry
    Rodgers was * horrendous in Europe doofus.

20. Valhalla Thus spoke Batistuta.

Fav Celtic Player:
    Broony
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Celtic Symphony
    And that’s us as a support feeling that.

Imagine what the players would’ve felt. Especially the ones who moved here to work with Rodgers.

Mental.