1. Having trouble logging in by clicking the link at the top right of the page? Click here to be taken to the log in page.
    Dismiss Notice

Neil Lennon

Discussion in 'Ex Players' started by romeo9535, Apr 17, 2016.

Discuss Neil Lennon in the Ex Players area at TalkCeltic.net.

1. HH88

Fav Celtic Player:
    Larsson
    Far too many things wrong. First of all the defence was shocking, absolutely shocking. Bain terrible and Brown needlessly giving away a penalty was plain stupid. MJ seems a bit like a weak link in the attack and couldve done with a more experienced player. A lot of mistakes, too many. And how does that pretender Kennedy still have the defensive coach job

2. clonbhoy

He could have changed in the first. It was clear it wasn’t working and instead of looking for a tactical solution ge waited until half-time to give them a bollocking. One astute tactical switch before they score and they may never score.

3. Pogues

Aye, I agree with you bud, and it's hard to take any positives after that tonight but some of our football going forward was superb second half.

callumrae1967 likes this.
  4. cammy07

The first half was a disgrace, but the game was no way done by then.

People seem to be forgetting we conceded 3 in the second half.. That's when the real damage was done.

Rydo1888*, bhoy81 and McChiellini.. like this.
  5. CountyDownFaithful

We were unplayable for first 20 minutes of the second half. Should have put the game to bed at 2-1, we have 2 or 3 good opportunity to go 3-1 up.

We look brilliant middle to front, can’t believe Lennon hasn’t sorted the defence out

Pogues likes this.
  6. bhoy81

from parkhead glasgow but now live in merseyside
    Key word is may, fact is we conceded 1 goal in the first half, and then 3 in the second half. We never lost at half time it was the three goals in the second half that cost us.

I’m sorry but you can’t dress it up reading the first half at all.

7. MattD

I agree with every word. But the next couple of weeks and the transfer window? Forget it mate, that boat has long sailed, especially after tonight’s farce. We now need to plan for the future. It’s all about damage limitation and ensuring the foundations are laid as soon as possible for our next far far superior manager.

Lennon is a caretaker - that is all and he should be treated as such, as he will never ever take this club forward and the longer he is at the club, the more problematic things will become. Number 9 is not certain with him in charge and given how superior we were to Rangers just over a year ago, then that is a massive worry seeing how we have stagnated.

A farce of a board, a farce of a manager. We’re sleep walking into a disaster and the only ones screaming are fans like us. The Lennon fanatics best shut the * up and jump on board with us before their delusions cause us even more problems.

8. Darnok

Yeah, maybe to make it look like Lennon was who they wanted all along.

9. bhoy81

I’ve got to be honest, I think Lawwell said you DD I want Lennon to come in if he gets the treble he is my man for the job and if he doesn’t deliver the treble but wins the league then we will interview others but I want Lennon.

Lennon stumbles to the treble and Lawwell has his cheap
    Option once again. Laughing all the way to his nice big bonus.

10. clonbhoy

We start that game with the right attitude and we win it, it’s as simple as that. We don’t, we don’t change it in time and suddenly we are chasing it to the point where even when we take the lead it is frantic stuff. All that leads to the second half. We could still have won it in the second half, but the problems all stemmed from starting the game with a bad mindset and tactics and not addressing them in time.
    It should never have been allowed develop the way it did.

11. Garrymac1888 Gold Member Gold Member

Dear Lenny,

Please * off

Love

Garry

12. Darnok

Definitely the cheap option.

13. bhoy81

But it wasn’t lost in the first half like you have stated, that’s a fact. You can’t stare otherwise.

He never changed it in the second and shipped 3 goals which in turn knocked us out, not the first half the second half.

I can’t keep going back and forward with this either. We lost the game in the second half due to 3 goals that’s a fact bud.

14. Pogues

Lennon didn't stumble to the treble.

15. clonbhoy

Well technically you are correct! No game can ever be lost in the first-half as theoretically it can always be rectified.
    Here though is an example of European two-legged football. The favourites have a 1-1 from the away leg and don’t know whether to stick or twist and by the time they have made up their mind the away goal is gone and are petrified of conceding another so decide to go all in. Then you get that second-half.

Play the game from the start with the intensity they started they second, if not necessarily the gung-ho spirit and the tie would most likely be over at half-time. He knows it was the first-half that * him and even if we had pulled it out in the second he would have been annoyed at getting it so wrong and not changing it before their goal.

16. Sgt Neppers*

Shudder to think what a defeat at Scumbrox will do for him against at team (of knuckle dragging mutant inbreds) that plays a high press and is in your face constantly. No excuses for not playing 10m worth of defenders and your best midfielder properly in that game. Would hope that Sinclair is involved also.

17. Luis1967 Gold Member Gold Member

Will have to beat Hearts, qualify for UEL and beat Rangers at Ibrox to win back over the fans I think. Expect Hearts, will be a extremely tough few weeks for him.

18. Pogues

If the players can't get up for a champions league qualifier on their own there's something far wrong. Lennon got things wrong tonight but the players attitude is down to them.

19. bhoy81

You should have stopped writing after you are correct bud. I’m not trying to be a * with that reply but it’s the truth.

Again you can’t dress it up otherwise. It’s a * horrendous night.

20. pop47

Their Manager got him hook line n sinker before a ball was kicked.