1. Having trouble logging in by clicking the link at the top right of the page? Click here to be taken to the log in page.
    Dismiss Notice

Neil Lennon

Discussion in 'Ex Players' started by romeo9535, Apr 17, 2016.

Discuss Neil Lennon in the Ex Players area at TalkCeltic.net.

1. Seán Mac D Gold Member Gold Member

"Neil Lennon makes arrogant show of strength as he disrespectfully holds Scottish Cup aloft with one hand"

[​IMG]

stubhoy07 and Whoflungdung like this.
  2. Mr Shelby Moderator Moderator Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Larsson. Forever and always.
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Symphony
    Big second half for him.

Mare.

3. freitassen

It was his fault. McGregor is even less of a left back than Boli. Kept a 7 million pound center back in the bench. His insistence with Morgan is ridiculous, he has absolutely nothing to offer in a game of such level. Taking out Ntcham, with, despite me not liking the guy, it is one of the very few players capable of winning games on his own in our squad. Sure our recruitment policy is pathetic but this if CFR Cluj, a team that perhaps spend a tenth of what we do. That said, with the rat the game would be over by the time they scored the first goal.

4. straighttalker

Fav Celtic Player:
    Big Vic
    Lennon's tactics are all wrong, he doesn't have the balls to speak up to the board.
    He also contradicts himself 'we are in a position to buy players' then 'we need to sell players first' to 'we are looking to buy players'.
    Both board and management culpable here.

freitassen likes this.
  5. Free the Adblock Gold Member Gold Member

Made a rip roaring * of it. Spent 10m on defenders, neither featured. Played our best midfielder in left back, took far too long to get Griffiths on, kept lumping it long etc etc.
    One of our worst nights in Europe, a * joke.

DamienCorkBhoy likes this.
  6. bhoy81

from parkhead glasgow but now live in merseyside
    Massively at fault for the result tonight.

Playing our best centre mid at left back.

Why spend 7 million on a centre half and not play him? Shipping 4 goals at home to that *.

Formation and line up, tactics utter *.

Failed miserably this evening, and I’ve got to say I really fear the worst for this season. I hope I’m wrong I really do but I can’t see us winning the league because the KT money will be set aside now after this embarrassing failure.

7. bhoy81

from parkhead glasgow but now live in merseyside
    Massively at fault for the result tonight.

Playing our best centre mid at left back.

Why spend 7 million on a centre half and not play him? Shipping 4 goals at home to that *.

Formation and line up, tactics utter *.

Failed miserably this evening, and I’ve got to say I really fear the worst for this season. I hope I’m wrong I really do but I can’t see us winning the league because the KT money will be set aside now after this embarrassing failure.

8. Murph-E

Starting to get nervous about the whole thing tbh.

Sgt Neppers* likes this.
  9. John Bhoy79 What chance have you got against a tie and a crest

Fav Celtic Player:
    Larsson,Jinky,McGrory,Jota
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Fields of Athenry
    Line-up, tactics, in-game decisions, all wrong. You need patience, cohesion, hard work off the ball and good sense to do well in Europe and we had none of that. Lennon has been brought in to tow the line but if he thinks he'll escape the fans wrath when it all goes * up he's wrong.

10. cfc_kenny

Fav Celtic Player:
    Lubo
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Celtic Symphony
    Naive tactics tonight.

I thought our defensive woes in Europe might disappear now that Rodgers is gone, but that was terrible. There was no real shape at all.

As the post above stated, we spent £10m on defenders who sat on the bench. We played our best technical midfielder at LB purely to accommodate Ntcham and Brown in the same midfield - which doesn't work based on anytime we've tried it previously. Brown has played far too many minutes, yes he's fit for 34, but should have been rested at least for the 2nd half at the weekend.

When we had the lead, we should have defended for our lives, yet continue to go gung ho, it was amateurish.

11. Bob Loblaw Gold Member Gold Member

What's the opposite of a tactical masterclass? Because that's what we witnessed tonight.

Utterly baffling putting Mcgregor at LB. Lewis Morgan on when we need a goal as well.

Poor recruitment has led us here, but that was * * on his part.

12. northeast67

* was that

13. themouth1888

In interview there was asked about defensive signings and he didn't even acknowledge the question.

Buckle in troops the biscuit tin is CLOSED

14. Sgt Neppers*

He's got a lot to answer for today.

Our technically best midfielder moved to LB as he wanted More technicians in the team. Shocking decision. Lennys described our defence as a work in progress so decides to change an already unsettled area in our most important game of this season so far. He spent over 11million pounds on defence to not play them because they aren't up to speed/not ready is again poor. In Scotland a 7m and 3m player are good enough to play asap. They were at the majority of pre season. Not good enough.

His decision to drop Sinclair from the squad altogether another plus an old (bad habit imo) late subs is so frustrating. Needs to learn fast from this and get in to PL office and demand some cash but there was a reason PL hired Lennon.

15. James Gold Member Gold Member

Baffles me everyone and their granny seen that team and knew Mcregor was the weak link how can the manager not see it ?

Basically accepted tonight he's signed a dud in Bolingoli

11 million worth of his own defenders on the bench yet our best midfielder fills in at LB * up both the defence and midfield

Avatar Daizen and Keano88 like this.
  16. Random Review

Fav Celtic Player:
    Jinky (ever) Lubo (modern era), KT (current)
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Fields of Athenry
    I still love him, I still think he's the right guy for the job; but he is to blame for this.

As for what went wrong, I can accept not signing a LB in time: negotiations are a complicated thing involving multiple parties. I can accept CM at LB: he understands the game better than me, Rodgers tried the same thing, so there's obviously some reason that it's more sensible than it appears to someone like me.

What I can't accept, as I said in the Broony thread, is turning our captain from an inspiration into a liability by playing him the full 90 minutes every single * match, resting younger guys ahead of him.

Broony's performance tonight was coming. He's been a little worse every match; but it's hardly surprising: you don't need a degree in sports science to know that a 34-year-old can't play 8 matches in 3 and a half weeks. With all due respect, we shouldn't need Broony to beat St Johnstone or Motherwell.

That is a totally avoidable * up and I just don't understand the logic of it.

17. Murph-E

Thought he came across very poorly in that interview. Blind to the mistakes made and sounded like he couldn't be bothered being questioned about anything.

18. HTG "I have an uncle who does Yoga"

Fav Celtic Player:
    CCV
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Let the people sing
    There's no excuses for him tonight, his tactics in the first half were * abysmal, an average cluj side all over us for 45 minutes.

We had the right idea in the second half, but a moment of absolute madness from brown and a complete flap from Bain cost us. Neither of these two should be first choice and Lennon needs to see this. Gordon has to be first choice from now on, i'm not his biggest fan but bain is going to cost us over the season. Brown shouldn't be first choice, it should be Ntcham, Christie and Mcgregor in midfield, not on the wing, not at fullback, in midfield.

With all due respect to cluj, this should have been a confortable game for us. A fairly decent 1-1 draw away? Grab the first goal and we're pretty much through.

He needs to get us in the Europa otherwise his job is already in danger, rightly or wrongly. I can 100% guarantee you there won't be any more signings until we know if we're through against AIK. We've literally thrown away another summer window, i cannot believe we've done the exact same two years in a row.

19. Callum McGregor The Captain Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Lubomir Moravcik
    Fav Celtic Song:
    You'll Never Walk Alone
    Remember when folk said hiring Lennon would mean we wouldn’t be embarrassed in Europe?

* lol.

20. moravcik1888

Fav Celtic Player:
    Paul McStay
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Fields of Athenry
    You're seriously baffled why McGregor was playing at LB??...its because the £3 million LB we signed is * *. You are right about poor recruitment, im * disgusted that we are going into CL qualifiers with no adequate LB, we only have ourselves to blame and deserved to get beat. * Lawell and whoever the * is responsible for scouting players.