1. Having trouble logging in by clicking the link at the top right of the page? Click here to be taken to the log in page.
    Dismiss Notice

FAITH

Discussion in 'TalkCeltic Pub' started by Dhan, Apr 21, 2019.

Discuss FAITH in the TalkCeltic Pub area at TalkCeltic.net.

1. Dhan

I have been up to see a close friends father tonight who I have grown up with for last 30 years .Sadly he is in the last stages of palliative care after he has lost a fight with cancer and is basically riddled with it much to the stage that his body can't get any nutrients from food or fluids

He has let a full and good life (84)with a large family and grandkids and sadly he lost his wife a few years past and has stayed with his sons & wife and grandkids the last year

The thing that struck me most is his faith in * .He always has his bible by his side and he made us all say a prayer before we left tonight with him and being more concerned for every ones well being

Never seen someone ready to meet there maker and be at peace with himself .he told me tonight that he is not afraid .

Hopefully he will hang in there a few more weeks as he was in good spirits tonight

* Bless him YNWA

Last edited: Apr 21, 2019
  2. Callum McGregor The Captain Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Lubomir Moravcik
    Fav Celtic Song:
    You'll Never Walk Alone
    All the best to him for his remaining days.

Jeremie Frimpong likes this.
  3. Spring Time Gold Member Gold Member

Sounds like he feels His time is here sooner than a few weeks & he is happy with that.
    * bless him.

bagforlife likes this.
  4. FATLAZYBHOY Born in the steamie Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Samaras
    Fav Celtic Song:
    CELTIC SONG (CLASSIC)
    been in the same position with my dad, 2 brothers and brother in law,
    not a nice thing to see, loved ones just rotting away. and even though i don't like using a word like rotting, that's what it is.
    it rips any small piece of faith that you may have right out of your soul.

5. GAA_Celtic

Fav Celtic Player:
    Larsson
    Fav Celtic Song:
    No
    Sorry to hear. The sad thing about death is that it is a one person journey... You face the unknown on your own.

I wouldn't usually pray but if that someone is in their time of needed and believe it helps them then I would certainly join them.

KRS-1888 and bagforlife like this.
  6. leeso-ardoyne

Hadn't spoke to my granny in 18 years and a few weeks later she gets news of riddled with cancer. I didn't leave her side for the last 7 days of her life in palliative care, it was one of the horrific things I've witnessed seeing her change daily like that. It was something like out of a horror film her last few days. Robotic and zombie like she was and never want to see anyone like that again who I care about. Few hours after her death and the poison they where giving her, her whole features changed back to an old women. I was the only one stayed in same room as her the night she died and as * up as this sounds, strangely I seen a smile on her face after all that suffering she did once she was dead. Palliative care place, somewhere I don't want to set foot in again :(

7. Sean Daleer Free Palestine Gold Member

I lost my faith a long long time ago. I would never ridicule anyone who still has faith though, I'm sure it is a massive comfort to those who need it.

8. An Madadh Rua

Fav Celtic Player:
    Tom Rogic
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Lisbon 67
    Both my parents had an incredibly strong faith which helped them cope with their illness. Daddy had skin cancer, on his neck, which made it very public but he bore it with amazing dignity and calmness - his faith never waned and gave him tremendous stoicism. Mammy's illness was a slow burner, until she went to hospital for a routine unit of blood. Up until the day she went in, she walked a mile and a half each day to Mass and back, went up the town to meet one of her grandchildren for lunch each day of the week. She left hospital six weeks later, unable to walk and bed ridden. They gave her a month to live and sent her home to die. We had her for another seven months. She never complained and accepted her new situation so easily - again due to her strong faith. Watching them deal with their situation was really inspirational. I just hope that my own faith is as strong.

bagforlife likes this.