1. Having trouble logging in by clicking the link at the top right of the page? Click here to be taken to the log in page.
    Dismiss Notice

Lack of transfer movement!

Discussion in 'Celtic Chat' started by Martybhoy87, Jul 19, 2018.

Discuss Lack of transfer movement! in the Celtic Chat area at TalkCeltic.net.

1. Captain Brown Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Larsson
    Wrong again.

I was making a point that the players who left never played a huge part last season due to injury/lack of form etc and we still won the league.

The person who I was talking to had said he had no confidence in this team winning away from home ffs.

Last edited: Sep 1, 2018
  2. Roskopicachu

Boyata's a £9million player in Scotland. How much do you think he'd be worth if he went to Fulham and had a standout season? He just spent the Summer at the World Cup with some of the most skillful players on the planet, under a very good coach. Who was he replacing?

From this we can ream info and come to some calculated guesswork.

We all kind of know what was needed and most of that work was done. Holding midfielder who never panics,
    a winger, cover for Tierney a centre back, a £13million centre back who's gonna tackle anything that moves.

Pre-season we saw of the fringe players do not too badly. Lewis Morgan looked good and Johnston looked unplayable
    the other night. Christie came on and showed some skills and no lack of pace and work rate.

We've a lot of wee clever players who can win every game, some like Morgan have been injured and due to come back.
    Others like Johnston can step into Patrick Roberts positions.

You can go through it over and again, it begins to make sense the more you look at a young team, the time it takes to pad out, with the help of a couple of more physical players like Mulumbu and Benkovic.

Think as well one or two got offered, or signed new deals, a lot went out on loan.

Take all that into the amount of games, travelling and European football, this whole first phase has been fairly stressful.

We've come out of it in the group stage of the Europa in an evenly balanced group and not far off top of the league.

Now instead of just Ntcham, you've the option to play Mulumbu deep and let Ntcham go and play in behind the striker.
    Edouard and Griffiths up top.

Dembele leaving changes the dynamic of the group and maybe that will help. Time will tell, but with this team i'm not worried. I'm sure you all noticed Sevco scurrying about last two days of the window still signing players. That's a surefire sign they're worried and the way they get around that is nobody seems to be writing positive stories in the bloggersphere.

Benkovic cost £13million, but that's not the price his owner will sell for. That's what they paid a team in the eastern block. Really you're looking at a £30million player in two years time.

Add in Boyata and you've a £40million defense. Add in Tierney. £60 million defense. It might be that Boyata picked up a lot from being in the Belgian team at the World Cup.

We've a hole host of players who'll win games every week. Edouard, Griff, Sinclair, Forrest, Ntcham. It's not so bad.

We knocked back big money for Ntcham.

Lets just say it could have been a lot worse, we could've lost also Ntcham and Boyata. Then i'd have been worried.
    Ntcham's the pick of the bunch and the whole France Under 21 set up knows it.

Also that kid we wanted from ligue 2, never went anywhere.

Maybe you just take that one up more seriously in January. Honestly think the skill levels, fitness is as high as it's been.
    We'll do ok.

3. Liam Scales Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Broony
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Celtic Symphony, YNWA, Grace
    5C9B7AB9-31A3-4ED7-9CB4-BEE4218D2AD6.jpeg

Point is, they weren’t the be all and end all last season.

4. bhoy81

from parkhead glasgow but now live in merseyside
    I can type a message and put 39 39 and 15 makes no difference just saying.

I take it you forgot about the 3-2 rangers game ect with Moussa and goals.

Point is we don’t have them this season and have less quality.

5. bhoy81

:43: Eh? Please look again for last season they played their part and helped us in big games for * sake.

Just cause they left people forget and go oh we don’t need hem or they didn’t play a part or bigger part my *.

6. Captain Brown Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Larsson
    Or you're talking *? :56:

Roberts, Dembele & Armstrong never played a huge part in our season last year...

You can disagree all you want.

7. bhoy81

Nah it’s you pal wipe yer mouth

8. Captain Brown Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Larsson
    Away and take your head for a *...

Having a go at me for having a go at someone who said he had no confidence in us winning away from home :56:

9. bhoy81

Stop talking pish ha ha