1. Having trouble logging in by clicking the link at the top right of the page? Click here to be taken to the log in page.
    Dismiss Notice

[Official TC Thread] PSG v CELTIC, UCL, Wed 22/11/17, 1945, BT Sport 3

Discussion in 'Celtic Chat' started by JC Anton, Nov 18, 2017.

Discuss PSG v CELTIC, UCL, Wed 22/11/17, 1945, BT Sport 3 in the Celtic Chat area at TalkCeltic.net.

1. packybhoy Administrator Administrator Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Danny McGrain
    2 different games totally. Incomparable I would say. Defenders were not shy of roughing up a striker. But worked both ways. Forwards gave as good as they got. Didn't play for a dive and the slightest brush on an opponent now pulls a foul.

2. Bumblebee

Can't deny they both play lovely football but it does kind of make you feel a little sick at the thought of either of these oil rich clubs winning the big one through means which I consider unfair and epitomises everything that is wrong with the modern game.

3. Luis1967 Gold Member Gold Member

I think they'd take 3 of Barca at the minute at home anyway.

PSG - City would be a great game guaranteed goals galore :50:

4. Luis1967 Gold Member Gold Member

True but that's just the way it is nowadays.

Bumblebee likes this.
  5. Bumblebee

Ah yeah absolutely, just the way it is now and we need to accept it. I'm glad I have my football DVD's covering the good stuff from the 50s through to the late 90s.

Fully87 and Luis1967 like this.
  6. Murph-E

I hope in a few years every single one of PSG's starting XI costs over £100million. Sure if you've got the money, spend it.

7. Luis1967 Gold Member Gold Member

Yeah ano love watching some of the older stuff. Even just 1999-2000 derportivo la liga. Roy maakay ect what a team!!

Bumblebee likes this.
  8. Slater67

Fav Celtic Player:
    Nakamura
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Hail HailLL
    To be fair we aw moaned we were in the group of death last year and were playing potential winners, man city were papped out to a not brilliant Monaco side in last 16, and barca got pumped out with juventus in last 8 after getting a few dodgy decisions to overcome a PSg 4-0 defeat in last 16,
    Honestly think Spurs , city juventus , Napoli and a few others would give PSg a run for their money, that said a don't think we would lose 6 and 7 nil to any of these teams.
    Funny ol game

9. MagicBallBhoy Gold Member Gold Member

he needs to make his mind up what hes gonna do before he gets the ball, thats what all the good players do

hes stronger on his right so when that ball comes in he touches it right and hits it or takes it in his stride like neymar and hits it

maybe hes not as good as i thought he was ;)

10. McManus4

Fav Celtic Player:
    Kieran Tierney
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Celtic Symphony
    I hate football.

I hate the prospect of a Man City and PSG final, with no history.

I hate the fact Bayern fans were charged £100 for the away trip to Anderlecht.

I hate us having to play 3 qualifiers while last year Leicester strolled straight in at the first attempt.

Football is horrendous

11. The Prof Administrator Administrator

Fav Celtic Player:
    Jinky

Agree mate. :50:

12. Slater67

Fav Celtic Player:
    Nakamura
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Hail HailLL
    Oporto were the champions league winners 2004 , we matched them all the way in Seville in 2003, even as short a time as that ago you really believed Celtic could beat any team in the world unfortunately not the case anymore

Fully87, Bumblebee and Luis1967 like this.
  13. Bumblebee

They were a cracking team, even teams like Valencia, Anderlecht, Basel and so on, they weren't the best of the best but they could compete on their day, O'Neill's team when you think of it should have done much more in Europe. We weren't far behind the Liverpool side that done the cup treble in 2001. Trying not to be too biased but our side between 2000-2004 was about level with them. Should have won in Seville, * Porto *.

14. Luis1967 Gold Member Gold Member

Yup true.

If we get job done in MD6 then EL will be interesting. It's our level now. Will be great competitive football will be buzzing for the games.

Tonight i was dreading , just knew it was coming.

Sydneysider and Bumblebee like this.
  15. Slater67

Fav Celtic Player:
    Nakamura
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Hail HailLL
    Agree mate, just saying all this " you score 4 we will score 5 ". nostalgia wasn't always the case , they played great fitba like the team does now domestically , but like the team the now on the way to 9 in a row also played poorly and knew how to grind out a1-0 with a bit of physicality

Dalbeth3 likes this.
  16. shaunm

Was always going to happen tonight.I think we have the makings of a really good team though,need to massively improve in defence

Slater67 likes this.
  17. Slater67

Fav Celtic Player:
    Nakamura
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Hail HailLL
    a think your right mate, that's why it's frustrating , honestly with team just now on top of our game eg Bayern at Home, man city approach I really don't fear any Europa league teams and the games will be enjoyable , my mate said to me tonight " if you didn't enjoy that game tonight and one at Celtic park your not a real football fan", anyone that enjoyed the 2 PSg games tonight is not a real Celtic fan,
    Man Utd waltzed the Europa league last year, outplayed by Basle, the gap between the 2 is very big but still a great tournament
    Funnily enough it was Basle we lost to in champions league play off Seville year, is it a sign, no getting carried away but anyone know where final is?

Fully87 likes this.
  18. Slater67

Fav Celtic Player:
    Nakamura
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Hail HailLL
    A know mate 4 next season, awrite saying its a diddy team first round, campaign starts June now , celtic don't get a break anymore, 7 regulars in Scotland team international weekends and I bet there's no other teams in champions league at present that kicked aff their season when we played those clowns linfield barring maybe Maribor and we are competing for all 3 domestic honours, that's what makes the 64 unbeaten more remarkable

19. BroxBhoy94

Fav Celtic Player:
    Larsson/Nakamura
    Fav Celtic Song:
    ONE NEIL LENNON
    EL final is in Lyon this season.

The Lyon Lions has a nice ring to it.

Fully87 and Slater67 like this.
  20. richardm

Fav Celtic Player:
    Mcgrain
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Celtic Symphony
    I know it's fantasy talk but if Scotland had of made the World Cup Finals next seasons 6 consecutive midweek qualifying CL games would have been a * joke for Celtic and clearly not an equal playing field but this is sadly the direction everything is heading, won't be long before England, Spain and Germany will be getting 5 teams going straight in to the groups