1. Having trouble logging in by clicking the link at the top right of the page? Click here to be taken to the log in page.
    Dismiss Notice

Brendan Fraudgers!

Discussion in 'World Football' started by Mr. Slippyfist, May 20, 2016.

Discuss Brendan Fraudgers! in the World Football area at TalkCeltic.net.

1. Henrik 07 Gold Member Gold Member

LUIS Suarez is a fully-paid up member of the Brendan Rodgers fan club. The Uruguayan striker, whose 40 goals helped Barcelona to their second consecutive La Liga title this season, previously played under the new Celtic boss when he was in charge at Liverpool.
    And Suarez believes that Celtic have acquired one of the best coaches in Europe in Brendan Rodgers.
    Speaking to the media ahead of this weekend’s Copa del Rey final against Sevilla, Suarez acknowledged the role Rodgers has played in developing his playing career.
    “Brendan is one of the best coaches in Europe and I am not surprised he is looking to get back in to the game because it is a game he loves,” said Suarez
    “If it wasn’t for Brendan, then I know I would not be the same player that you see at Barcelona today. Such a big part of my education is down to him and his management.
    “Of course he works to make the team stronger but he really works on a one-to-one level with the players.
    “He will sit down with each player at the club, and work on where you can improve, where you can exploit opposition, he leaves nothing to chance.
    “He is a very intelligent man. If the players listen to his words, they will become better players for sure.
    “I wasn’t proven and I had to adapt to the Premier League, which Brendan knew. He knows all about English football and he educated me to become successful.
    “I am glad he has taken his time since leaving Liverpool. He should only be looking at the top jobs, with the top clubs, who will be playing Champions League football.”

CELTIC goalkeeping great Packie Bonner has hailed the appointment of Brendan Rodgers as manager as exciting news.
    Having managed at the highest level at Liverpool, Swansea, Reading and Watford, the 43-year-old is a highly respected name across European football.
    Bonner first came across Rodgers at Reading in the late 1990s, when he was second in command to Hoops legend Tommy Burns.
    At that time, Rodgers was coaching in the Royals’ youth academy and in the early stages of his coaching and managerial career, which saw him work under the likes of Jose Mourinho before he himself moved into the hot-seat.
    And Bonner believes that his fellow Irishman has the qualities and character to bring success and entertainment to the Celtic support.
    Speaking exclusively to the official Celtic website, Bonner said: “It’s very exciting. It’s great news, magnificent. I like the way he plays football.
    “He wants to play the game the way Celtic fans will enjoy. The players at Celtic Football Club will respond to that. He is also a worker on the pitch – he likes to get on the pitch and work with the players – and I like that in a manager and it will be interesting how everyone responds to him. He is certainly a good name.
    “He’s a good man. He was influenced heavily by Tommy. When we were at Reading, he was a young man at the Academy and Tommy had a big influence on him, and if he can put his ideas into practice then it will be fantastic.
    “And if he learned from Tommy as an individual and how Tommy conducted himself, then that would be perfect.”
    Along with being a progressive manager of high repute, Rodgers is a lifelong Celtic supporter and he has cited Bonner as one of his heroes growing up along with the likes of Danny McGrain.
    And Bonner reckons being aware of the club’s history and ethos can only help the new Hoops boss as he aims to implement his ideas on the team.
    “It’s important absolutely,” he said. “He’s a Celtic man at heart. He has to get to know the running of the club and all of that, but he will be his own man as well which is good and that’s also very important.
    “He has to get results like any manager and get the players to respond to him, but it’s a good appointment by the club.
    “People will know that Brendan has strong Irish roots. He wants to play the game the right way and he knows the history of Celtic so all of that is very positive.”

Last edited by a moderator: May 21, 2016
  2. HailHoopy

Nah no worries here mate, contracts dont usually mean that much these day's anyway :icon_mrgreen:

3. Hope N Ur Heart

Fav Celtic Player:
    Jimmy Johnstone followed closely by Henrik
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Them all!!
    Still Buzzin...fantastic appointment.......the play will be fast flowing, with plenty of goals on show.
    BR won't be shy in changing players into different positions either to suit his style of play.
    I will be down at CP on Monday to cheer him in....

4. mikeybhoy1971

Still sinking in. Fantastic appointment. Real statement of intent from Celtic. Can't wait for season to start

5. mickcfc91

Fav Celtic Player:
    Current - Scott Brown .. All Time - Lubo n henrik
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Wiley Maley
    Yass! Woke up and it wasnt a dream!

6. Hope N Ur Heart

Fav Celtic Player:
    Jimmy Johnstone followed closely by Henrik
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Them all!!
    Welcome Brendan, here 's hoping that the headlines after your first old firm game is:

'Brendan Rodgers the Huns'...:smiley-laughing002:

7. Celtic_renard News Writer News Writer

Fav Celtic Player:
    Patrick Roberts
    The buzz is back at Celtic and I love it. I could see 1000 people going to the Celtic way on Monday night.

8. Henke102

do you mean 10,000?? :smiley-laughing002:

9. Glorious1967

Has Ambrose been chased yet

10. mickcfc91

Fav Celtic Player:
    Current - Scott Brown .. All Time - Lubo n henrik
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Wiley Maley
    Welcoming Brendan Rodgers on Monday?

Brendan Rodgers will be officially unveiled at a media conference this Monday, May 23, 2016 at Celtic Park at 4pm and he will then meet supporters at 6pm at the stadium.

Just a simple question are you going to head down to Celtic park on Monday?

I know many will have work commitments or dont live close enough.

Just interested to see what numbers we will get.

11. Green Socks

Would love to but I'll be at work, hopefully he gets a big turn out and is properly welcomed into the Celtic family!

12. The67Sound

This is * brilliant

13. Officer Doofy Come to me, human man Gold Member

I'll be heading up with a couple of mates. Can't wait.:50:

14. Sean Daleer Free Palestine Gold Member

New desktop for you lads and lassies. Courtesy of Cartuja on KDS.

[​IMG]

15. Free the Adblock Gold Member Gold Member

Would love to, actually pass through bridgeton on train, on way home. But it's just not gonna happen. With work and other * going on.
    Hopefully there's thousands, I think there will be. He'll get a hero's welcome.

16. Martybhoy53

Very happy with this appointment. The board knew that if they went for another cheap option like Deila then they risked losing many more disillusioned supporters. I applaud DD for appointing Brendan Rodgers. I think there will be a few surprise exits from the squad which needs a drastic overhaul. Too many not good enough to wear the jersey. Will Griffiths be seen as the main striker for Europe? Will Brown still be captain? Exciting times ahead.

17. Sean Daleer Free Palestine Gold Member

Yep I'm heading up. Hopefully have sweet talked the wife into letting me get a ST by then as well.

18. Free the Adblock Gold Member Gold Member

Guessing you haven't had one previously, or recently anyway ?

Can't wait to see the final figures for season tickets next season. I can see 50k !

19. Sean Daleer Free Palestine Gold Member

Only one season since I've had kids. Was there all through the 90s, missed the MON years and got one for Strachans last season.

On second thoughts, maybe I shouldn't get a ST. :smiley-laughing002:

20. CookieMonster Geez yer cookies Gold Member

If I still stayed in Glasgow I definitely would but unfortunately just watch it on the telly.
    Yeah I think the ST sales will boom now, which will be brilliant to get the stadium filled again and take away those banners.