1. Having trouble logging in by clicking the link at the top right of the page? Click here to be taken to the log in page.
    Dismiss Notice

The Ronny Deila Thread

Discussion in 'World Football' started by Glasgow_Bhoy88, Jun 6, 2014.

Discuss The Ronny Deila Thread in the World Football area at TalkCeltic.net.

1. Glasgow_Bhoy88

From MON doing everything in his power to bring success to Lennon bringing back the thunder, who has made the best introduction/first impression as a Celtic manager??

Here's some examples.

"Have the first issue ready for the week after the [Scottish] Cup Final and leave a blank space on page one for a picture of the boys with the Cup!"
    Jock Stein on the new "Celtic View" in his first season as manager

“25% of our [Celtic’s] managers have been Protestant!”
    Jock Stein on being appointed manager of Celtic, when pointed out with headlines in the papers and by people that he was the first Protestant manager of Celtic (he was only the 4th in the clubs history (retold by Hugh McIlvaney)

“I’m a manager with a belief really. I try and manage on a philosophy of playing, a philosophy of life and I try and expect the standards from my players that I try and bring myself to the party. I feel, however you live your life, whatever you do away from the training pitch, however you apply yourself, will bring the benefits….so I am a philosopher coach. If you want to stick a label on something; I believe in a way of playing, I believe in a way of living your life and I try and bring those qualities to the job…integrity, honesty, humility. I want my footballers to be all those things as well if we can, so when we win I don’t want us bleating about it and when we lose we just get back to hard work, take it on the chin and move on. Humility for me is one of the most important human traits and allied with hard work, you give yourself a chance.”
    Tony Mowbray (June 09)

"What I want to do is bring is the thunder back. I want this place rocking again. I want the passion, I want the noise. I want the fans to be able to walk to the ground ready for it. I want the players to go to war every time they go on the pitch. All those things will be in-built before the season starts. We’ve got to put up a really stronger challenge to Rangers and try to wrest the title away from them."
    Neil Lennon in his first press conference as full manager (Jun 2010)

"I will do everything I possibly can to bring some success to this football club."
    Martin O'Neill, July 2000

My favourite is MON's, the determination in his voice to put Rangers in their place and us in ours was iconic, hair-raising stuff.

2. Jack Torrance Heeeeeere's Johnny! Gold Member

Martin O'neill was legendary- you just knew he was perfect and he was true to his word.

Can't wait to hear from Deila now.

3. DEADEYECFC

Fav Celtic Player:
    teemu pukki
    Fav Celtic Song:
    four leaf clover
    Not sealed yet

4. BhoysInGreen

Fav Celtic Player:
    Nakamura. Current: Van Dijk/Lustig
    Fav Celtic Song:
    The Fields of Athenry, Willie Maley
    For me, it was Deila running around in his sumo wrestling underpants. That was the moment I knew he was willing to go to war for us.

5. pokerbhoy74

Welcome to Celtic Ronny Deila

Celtic Football Club ‏@celticfc
    Celtic Football Club is delighted to announce that it has appointed Ronny Deila as the Club’s new manager.

6. Tifosi Celtic

Welcome to Celtic, Ronny Deila

Celtic Football Club <S>@</S>celticfc <SMALL class=time>2m </SMALL>
    Celtic Football Club is delighted to announce that it has appointed Ronny Deila as the Club’s new manager. (PC)

7. wulliebad

Do we know any details yet...how long contract,will he bring his own staff....

8. Tifosi Celtic

Looks like John Collins will be involved in some way. That's what STV are reporting anyway.

9. pokerbhoy74

10. Henrik 07 Gold Member Gold Member

Luke Shanley @LukeShanley 2m
    Ronnie Deila is Celtic's new manager. He joins Celtic on a 12 month rolling contract.

11. wulliebad

The same stv that said bye bye celtic and said it was showing half our cl games the next year.....im still waiting.:smiley-laughing002:

12. Gabriel Beidh an lá linn Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Raphael Scheidt
    Great news. I am glad we have not gone down the road of ex player this time.

13. Celticbhoy97

:party048:

Im just glad its all over now and we can just get back to preparing for the champions league.

14. Senna s1979

Fav Celtic Player:
    Danny McGrain
    It's not Coyle so I'm happy.

15. SloBhoy

Fav Celtic Player:
    Lustig
    Fav Celtic Song:
    The Celtic Song
    Welcome to the club, Ronny!

Surprisingly excited by this. Possibly because who some of the other (underwhelming) candidates were.

16. xDanCFCx

Welcome to Celtic Ronny! This appointment may be a risky one but it quite excites me a young manager who plays a good attacking style of football and produces good young talent!

17. Celticbhoy97

Will there be a press conference today then?

18. Conjuring_Obey Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Larsson
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Willie Maley song
    Welcome to the club, actually excited to see how well this guy does more than the other names mentioned.

19. md1981

I'm sure someone on KDS started the Collins rumours, at least that is what's being claimed.

The Lennon comments are strange. It does undermine Deila ever so slightly. But, he isn't employed by the club, so he's free to say whatever he wants. As Devlin said, it seems as though he was thinking of staying on, so something changed his mind. There are a few opinions flying about on the matter.

20. Higgie

Welcome to Celtic Ronny :celt_2:.