1. Having trouble logging in by clicking the link at the top right of the page? Click here to be taken to the log in page.
    Dismiss Notice

The Dam

Discussion in 'Celtic Supporters Info' started by Courteener, Aug 29, 2013.

Discuss The Dam in the Celtic Supporters Info area at TalkCeltic.net.

1. Courteener

Me and the lads are planning on hitting the Dam for Ajax away, and maybe make a few days of it.
    I've never been on abroad for an away day so I was wondering what's the best/cheapest way to go about it. Flights? Ferry? Accommodation? Etc

Another thing, a few of us are only 17. That shouldn't be a problem should it?

2. KevMan

I'd like to know if you HAVE to be part of some sort of membership to get tickets for this game, was looking to get to Lisbon last year but never got round to it.

3. Courteener

Even if we can't get tickets we're looking to go over. Soak in some 'atmosphere' and what not :icon_mrgreen:

4. Henrik 07 Gold Member Gold Member

well you wont get into the Stripers if that's what yer asking :56:

5. TimFloyd Gold Member

Mind and take a fat wallet.

The place is * extortionate :smiley-laughing002:

6. KevMan

Aye I'm the same :smiley-laughing002:

7. Dhan

A think a lot off laws are changed in the dam recently regarding coffee shops ect

8. TimFloyd Gold Member

I was in them just fine a couple of months back :smiley-laughing002:

It's up to each city to enforce the law, obviously Amsterdam knew that wouldn't be good for business.

Our dutch amigo on here might be able to shine more light on it.

9. im_ant

Fav Celtic Player:
    Henrik Larsson
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Let the People Sing
    Getting a ticket for this one is going to be 100000/1

10. Miles Platting Irish Mancunian Gold Member

11. Lion1961 Bookmaker

Fav Celtic Player:
    Jinky Johnstone
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Fenian Record Player
    Tickets via Celtic will be to ST holders only. Given how easy it is to get to Amsterdam the tickets will probably only go to those classed as category A or maybe B.

Category for away European games is based on the number of previous matches attended so it's not easy to even get your first trip via the club.

There is a chance Ajax will sell direct to the away support but how many they might release is another matter.

EDIT: Forget trying to book via Thomas Cook that agreement ends on 1 Sep and as of then all away tickets will be sold directly via Celtic. A new travel website will go live on Sunday on the club website.

Last edited by a moderator: Aug 29, 2013
  12. KevMan

Thanks for the reply mate :50:

13. lazyregula

Fav Celtic Song:
    Let the people sing!
    I'm determined to get tickets to this game, never been able to go away to games before as never had the money, but have the money this year and was hoping for Ajax to come up as i love Amsterdam, happy days!

14. Seán_67

Fav Celtic Player:
    Jinky
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Willie Maley
    Just back from the Dam last week, and surprisingly enough we were ID'd every other place we went, including coffee shops. There was only three of us as well - two of us are 21, the other was 22. We were surprised tbh as you just don't assume you'll be ID'd in Europe for some reason :56:.

* brilliant place though, definitely go :50:

15. IzaKayal

I was over there in 2007 mate when i was 17 ordered some fake id online that said european driving permit and made me 20 and I never had a problem anywhere i went with it tbh best thing i ever bought lol

16. NA CEILTIGH

Got flights booked for this but Easyjet put prices up over £150 within 10 mins of the draw. Have been to the Dam twice before and was hoping to get Ajax in the draw. Its such an amazing city for a group of lads. Bars, Nightclubs, Strip clubs, Coffee shops. I can see there been as many people here as Barcelona last year giving the fact the Milan trip is only a few weeks away and the Barcelona trip is few weeks before Christmas, plus most people have done Barcelona over the last number of years.
    Regarding tickets I think it will be a nightmare. The capity is 53k normally but for champions lge I think it drops a bit. The average attendance of Ajax is 52k and their lowest attendance last year is 51k. I cant see many/any general sale tickets going on sale and if they do you would need to buy quickly. Im in a supporters club in Belfast and we only got 10 tickets for Barca, 6 for Juventus and 8 for Benfica last year, but only 6 going from the club to Ajax so hoping we get 6 this time.
    Regarding accommodation try and stay near central station and Dam Sq. Its beside everything and you wont need a taxi the whole time(apart from getting to stadium I think). I have booked into an Irish Hostel called Durty Nellys. I have stayed here before and its clean, Friendly, cheap and within a 5 min walk to Station, Dam Sq, Coffee shops,Red light District, Anne Franks House and the best bit is , its above an IRISH BAR.
    Good luck to anyone sorting out flights, tickets etc. HAIL HAIL

17. Wicklowbhoy

Fav Celtic Player:
    mcgeady
    Fav Celtic Song:
    willie maley
    Im looking to get tickets for this aswell it falls 2 days after my 21 st :) but im not a season ticket holder.....anyone know if theres any chance of getting a ticket ??

18. Degen

Fav Celtic Player:
    Henrik, Lubo
    Where have people been finding all of these ridiculous deals?

19. twiggybhoy

Fav Celtic Player:
    Gary Hooper
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Anyone now what age you have to be to visit the cafes?

20. Hiceadha

18 for the cafes but u can always ask someone to go in for u, around the red light district its not too strict once u look 18