1. Having trouble logging in by clicking the link at the top right of the page? Click here to be taken to the log in page.
    Dismiss Notice

'eavy Metal

Discussion in 'TC Media' started by KhingLarsson, Mar 12, 2011.

Discuss 'eavy Metal in the TC Media area at TalkCeltic.net.

1. KhingLarsson

I agree, they all have a respect for Celtic and would like to see them do well but if Liverpool/Manu/Chelsea/Arsenal were playing against the tims then they'd support the English team. There's no joy in supporting a team you have no ties to, how many of them have any ties to that place? sure I have no ties to Glasgow but I have ties to Celtic and ties to my Gaelic cousins who I share a common lineage with.
    Their choice I guess, we'll always have the bragging rights for the first British team to win the European cup :icon_mrgreen:

Anyway back on topic, hope you enjoy the music I showed you. I'm trying to count how many Metal bands I listen to and its just impossible to count :icon_mrgreen: any band you're interested in and need info on whats best ask me because chances are I already have listened to them :56:

2. iHorror

Me too. Too many to count/mention.

Some of my faves are:

See You Next Tuesday, Me and Him Call It Us, Cutting Pink With Knives, Pig Destroyer, Champion, Hatebreed, Comeback Kid, Set Your Goals, The Locust, Holy Molar, Iwrestledabearonce, Duck Duck Goose, Hopesfall, the Dillinger Escape Plan, Arsonists Get All The Girls, Hondo MacLean, Suicide Silence, the Murder of Rosa Luxemburg, Daughters!, Every Time I Die, The Tony Danza Tapdance Extravaganza, ABACABB, Poison the Well, The Black Dahlia Murder, the Red Chord, Annotations of an Autopsy, Beneath the Massacre, Beneath the Sky, Parkway Drive, I Killed the Prom Queen, From A Second Story Window, Architects

3. Metlson

Fav Celtic Player:
    Tom Rogic
    Fav Celtic Song:
    YNWA
    I love SOAD and pantera how did i forget to mention them. Trivium are thrash metal not metalcore which is why i like them, im not into metalcore. My favourite mastodon tracks are the czar and oblivion

4. KhingLarsson

I don't like a single one of those bands :56:not into Deathcore at all but each to their own mate :50: you should try listening to some Death Metal.

Trivium aren't Thrash Metal, that one album with We Are The Fire and such, can't remember the name is Thrash Metal but the rest are Metalcore. Especially the first two.

5. CFCBhoy1888

[YouTube]-z5oUmHfukl[/YouTube]

[YouTube]fLp63WBV-Ic[/YouTube]

[YouTube]2yUZJZCV40[/YouTube]

[YouTube]LFJwdkTnRBE[/YouTube]

[YouTube]AXrkUmurptY[/YouTube]

[YouTube]5PegsGuOIDA[/YouTube]

Some good picks there I think:50:

6. KhingLarsson

Indians by Anthrax is deadly :50: and even though I said I didn't like Metalcore earlier on in the thread I do like Scream Aim Fire by BFMV, that album has some good songs on it. Some * awful ones as well but the good ones hold up it up.

7. Overkill187 Batshitcrazy

Mainly into Heavy and Thrash.

8. KhingLarsson

Is your name influenced by the Black Metal band of the same name? :icon_mrgreen:

9. Overkill187 Batshitcrazy

Certainly so. :icon_mrgreen:

10. KhingLarsson

Capitol my good man :icon_mrgreen: do you like Black Metal? I saw your username before and I was wondering was it because of the band. Do you listen to any Death Metal?

11. Overkill187 Batshitcrazy

I don't listen to black metal 24/7, but like some bands. especially in winter, when all the mountains here are covered with snow, black metal makes the night epic. :icon_mrgreen:

I prefer European death metal (thrash/DM-Viking/DM-Melodic/DM like At the Gates, Hypocrisy, Amon Amarth, Vader, Virgin *, The Crown, Dew-Scented etc etc) over classic American DM (CC).

Gotta say I listen to any kind of metal.

Glad to meet someone with a decent music taste on this board. :D

12. KhingLarsson

I like both European and American, but probably European more, especially British Death Metal like Bolt Thrower and Carcass would stick out. Also Swedish Death Metal(not Gothenburg but I do like Gothernburg too) is great too, Entombed, Dismember, Grave and such also other European bands like Pungent Stench, Vader etc... I like a lot of Melodic Death Metal also Amon Amarth, Hypocrisy, Dark Tranquility, In Flames(old stuff). Virgin * is the only band I have never heard of in your list. Still love Old School American Death Metal. Death, Obituary, Morbid Angel, Autopsy, Atheist, Cynic, Deicide......actually scratch what I said earlier American Old School is my fav with the exception of Bolt Thrower who are my all time favourite band. I listen to loads of Death Metal, I tend to stay away from the newer bands like Necrophagist and Nile and such, they're usually just way too Technical its not enjoyable.

As for Black Metal, I like songs rather than bands, Immortal have some good songs, Dissection have some good songs on their newer stuff which in truth is more Death Metal than Black Metal, I've listened to a few songs from Rotting Christ:)56:name still makes me laugh, way too extreme, really gives a false impression about how extreme they are) and they have some very good songs. Overall I'm not a big fan of Black Metal, although some songs have such great and dark atmospheres.

Also good to meet you mate :bbpd: usually football fans shy away from extreme music :56:

13. Overkill187 Batshitcrazy

You have listed some great bands mate. :50:

Like I said, I'm mostly into Heavy (Iron Maiden = best band ever, Judas Priest, Ozzy, Dio, Black sabbath, Iced earth etc) and Thrash (Annihilator, Exodus, Powermad, Slayer, Overkill, Sodom, Kreator, Death Angel, Testament, Tankard (if you like beer and good music :icon_mrgreen:) and so on.

I'm not a black metal maniac, but like some bands such as Immortal, Windir, 1349, Waitan, Naglfar, Summoning, Celtic Frost, Impaled Nazarene.. however most bands could be classed as folk/viking metal as well though.

14. KhingLarsson

With the exception of Iced Earth I like all those Heavy Metal bands you listed :50: same with the Thrash except Tankard or Powermad, never heard of either I'll google them.

Yeah thats the thing about Black Metal forme also, I like the more Celtic/Folk influenced bands rather than the real extreme ones like Mayhem or Blood Red Throne or one of those satanic bands :56:since you like Folk Metal ever hear of Eluveitie? surely you have :celt_2: they just so happen to be citizens of your beautiful country. Alos what about Prog Metal? Opeth, Tool, Atheist, Dream Theater, Nevermore?

15. adambhoy 25

I love metal. These are some of my favourite metal bands are:

[YOUTUBE]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GTN2oKj4kmM[/YOUTUBE]

[YOUTUBE]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7KpxOmksHrY&feature=fvst[/YOUTUBE]

[YOUTUBE]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eEn-nTkbEM0[/YOUTUBE]

[YOUTUBE]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_2G7Vp7eGSQ[/YOUTUBE]

[YOUTUBE]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F4gCf62y_E4[/YOUTUBE]

[YOUTUBE]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H1PLUfi6NN4[/YOUTUBE]

16. Overkill187 Batshitcrazy

haha Eluveitie.. many years back when I heard them for the first time I said to myself they must be some kind of finnish trolls living in the woods (not the band finntroll :icon_mrgreen:), they were that atmospheric. then they said something in swiss and I * my pants laughing. they are a good bunch. :50:

I like Opeth, DT and of course Nevermore. Have to admit I don't really know Atheist and what I've heard from Tool yet was not too hot.

I'm glad we pretty much listen to the same bands or at least know them. was talking to some bm geeks some days ago and they only listen to the very secret underground stuff no one knows. in their eyes I was not a true metal head. :icon_mrgreen:

17. KhingLarsson

They're very good, the hurdy gurdyist(I think) Anna Murhpy is half Irish :icon_mrgreen: so there's some common ground. Finntroll are good enough, ever hear of Turisas?

Athiest are very Progressive, imagine Rush as Metal band and you've got an idea. Its good we share a lot of the same bands, out of curiousity mate how old are you? this kind of music seems to appeal to older Metalheads rather than the young ones. I don't know anyone my age(20) that listens to the extreme Metal I do, I know two 40+ year olds though.

As for Black Metal geeks they're ridiculous at times :56:if the band sells more than 10 records and has more than three fans and they don't record their music on a tape player then they're sell outs :56::56::56:

Have a listen to this, these guys are a local band near me and they're making it big now, they recently supported Megadeth.
    [YOUTUBE]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4yrnP2twLUY[/YOUTUBE]

18. Overkill187 Batshitcrazy

Some Turisas songs are awesome. I remember when Folk Metal tended to become very popular. Nowadays there are many bands and Ensiferum are probably the most popular among them. I also listen to Norther, Tyr, Einherjer, Thyrfing, Korpiklaani, die apokalyptischen Reiter, some In Extremo, Moonsorrow, Windir (both are more BM though) etc.

Do you know the band Wintersun? they have one album so far, it's a piece of art. :50:

Will give Athiest a shot mate. :50:

I'm 25 and only a handful of mates listen to the same stuff. there's however a metal scene with a couple of decent local bands around my area. have you ever head of the Mountains of Death?

by the way, check this out if you don't know em already: Sam Dunn - IMDb

especially the first two flicks. must see for metal fans. :icon_mrgreen:

19. KhingLarsson

Wintersun are pretty decent alright, more Black Metal than Folk I'd say though. Folk did have its spellof fame but the hype seems to have died down, shame really because it is really good.

Happy listening with Atheist mate, great band.

Never heard of Mountains of Death, are they a local Swiss band?

20. Overkill187 Batshitcrazy

MoD is a festival near where I live. :50: