1. Having trouble logging in by clicking the link at the top right of the page? Click here to be taken to the log in page.
    Dismiss Notice

Brendan Fraudgers!

Discussion in 'World Football' started by Mr. Slippyfist, May 20, 2016.

Discuss Brendan Fraudgers! in the World Football area at TalkCeltic.net.

1. The IRA

Fav Celtic Player:
    Vol. Ryan Chrisite
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Beautiful Sunday - the IRA version
    He was our best player in the last two months of last season. He's everything previous pretenders like Forrest, Maloney, McGeady etc. are not. He is a huge loss. Not pushing the boat out to get him is incredibly poor vision from the board. Transfer fees should be smashed to bring in a player of that quality.

freederry20 likes this.
  2. Mr Shelby Moderator Moderator Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Larsson. Forever and always.
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Symphony
    Whilst I agree he is a big loss, we can only speculate as to whether or not the board have been trying to get him in. They might still be.

Thing is, City have no reason to sell and are probably one of the worst clubs to try and tempt with money as they don't feckin' need it. They'd be as well keeping him rather than selling for a loss or only selling for anything below £10m.

We may well have tried, but there is only so far we can go. There is also plenty of factors that come into any potential deal for him, such as the player himself wanting to prove himself to Pep.

I'm still praying we can get a deal done but if not, what will be will be. We definitely won't just be signing Hayes for that area of the park anyway.

packybhoy likes this.
  3. honda Gold Member Gold Member

We never had Sinclair for these early rounds. He's a massive player. Don't worry. Hopefully each draw is kind to us.

4. Saul Goodman Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Scott Brown
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Grace
    Completely agree on that point. Im confident we'll qualify but would be so much more if we had Roberts.

5. Mr Shelby Moderator Moderator Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Larsson. Forever and always.
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Symphony
    I'm more confident than I have been in previous years, for sure.

Last year's draws were * for a whole manner of reasons. Said it before, but, we will do well to get a harder two this time around.

6. Account Deactivated Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Scott Brown
    Naw Rodgers is * wrong, we should have Roberts, Borini, Jean Claude Darchville and a world class centre back all signed up by now, ffs has he no seen the players Rangers are signing? We are *, board has * us over again, Rodgers is another puppet I mean King is right we should be miles further ahead Rodgers just isn't a good enough manager for us that Pena is gonna munch Brown and win the Europa league for them, we are stuck with Armstrong ffs.

7. packybhoy Administrator Administrator Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Danny McGrain
    BR statement is maybe a hint at end of window we will know Paddys situation with City. Or dare I say it Bojan.

8. jamesfr

We have a team that can get to the group stages again ,that's not in doubt,but we need more quality to progress to the last 16.
    The last 16 has to be the next target,or there has been no progress.Maybe that won't happen this coming season but I would be pretty confident on us doing it the following season, after another season with BR in charge.
    Personally I would be happy with another league title and the group stages then getting to the last 16 the following season.

9. Henrik 07 Gold Member Gold Member

First part if anyone missed it

Brendan's Celtic TV interview part 2

Bozza and dmccourt95 like this.
  10. Damnati

No, don't do it :56:

packybhoy likes this.
  11. packybhoy Administrator Administrator Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Danny McGrain
    :101:

Damnati likes this.
  12. Random Review

Fav Celtic Player:
    Jinky (ever) Lubo (modern era), KT (current)
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Fields of Athenry
    Subtle. :giggle1:

13. MynameisEarl

Fav Celtic Player:
    Larsson
    Fav Celtic Song:
    YNWA
    My soul hurt reading that :54:

14. The Thumb

Fav Celtic Song:
    The Celtic Song
    Those comments are honestly IMO, worrying signs. Rodgers prioritised the January window, to bring in the quality needed in preparation for the CL qualifiers. That wasn't delivered by the board, and Brendan openly discussed his disappointment.

Fast forward to now, in a vital time in the summer window, Brendan is saying he is prepared to wait until we've qualified to sign the quality needed, that he aimed to bring in, in January. That's worrying to me, and reeks of board complacency.

The IRA likes this.
  15. The IRA

Fav Celtic Player:
    Vol. Ryan Chrisite
    Fav Celtic Song:
    We have an appalling track record when it comes to building from a position of strength.

There's been a lot of revisionism recently about this being the season that finally allows us to put ourselves out of sight but that's a lie. For the past 17 years we've had several opportunities to pull out of sight and haven't bothered to take them. Seems like we're following that pattern yet again.

StPauli1916, ladbroke8 and The Thumb like this.
  16. The Thumb

Fav Celtic Song:
    The Celtic Song
    It is a obvious worry, that if the board repeatedly do not back Rodgers with the funds needed. He will walk.

StPauli1916 and The IRA like this.
  17. honda Gold Member Gold Member

Sounds more like "I'll join once you qaulify"

Not much choice if that's what's said to him.

18. The IRA

Fav Celtic Player:
    Vol. Ryan Chrisite
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Exactly. I don't blame Brendan in any of this. I trust him immensely but there is only so much he can do if his hands are being tied. As you said, there was obvious frustration from him in January. I do not want that to become a constant source of tension.

StPauli1916 likes this.
  19. The Thumb

Fav Celtic Song:
    The Celtic Song
    Last summer also, at the board's failure to bring in a top quality midfielder. A target that is still to be fulfilled.

20. TonyTim Gold Member Gold Member

Watching the videos,Brendan is playing the waiting game. We don't know the whole story but City could be sitting on a decision for Paddy until they sign the players they want. As somebody said, they have plenty money and wouldn't be tempted by any offer we made. Unlike Sevco, who seem to be signing anybody that Pedro has seen kick a baw,we have a good team and not desperate to sign anybody just for the sake of signing. The players we bring in have to improve the team not just like for like. Brendan knows the market and I feel he is waiting for teams to make their signings then make the players Brendan wants surplus to requirements. The club keep our transfer interests under the radar and this seems to fuel media speculation. It would be a very stupid decision for Peter not to back Brendan, he will simply walk. Dermot would not let that happen. In Brendan we trust. Make the Invincibles immortal !

Blochairnbhoy and jimbobers like this.