1. Having trouble logging in by clicking the link at the top right of the page? Click here to be taken to the log in page.
    Dismiss Notice

Just a weekend in Paradise

Discussion in 'TalkCeltic Pub' started by Landry N'guemo, May 5, 2024.

Discuss Just a weekend in Paradise in the TalkCeltic Pub area at TalkCeltic.net.

1. Landry N'guemo

Fav Celtic Player:
    Landry
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Celtic symphony
    I will try my best to not sound like Rod Stewart here but we are home now and I dont intend to take my mind off of Celtic for a minute. I spent the last couple of days in Glasgow, a six and a half hour drive from where I live in England, my second ever visit to the promised land (first was in 2000 also against hearts). I managed to get two tickets from a gentleman who is a sorter outer bigtime and I couldn't be more grateful. So my girlfriend said shed drive me and my old dad up to see the match against hearts and she fancied doing some shopping in the nearby forge.
    I noticed many interesting things about my surroundings and I wanted to share them with you in case you are interested.
    We stayed in the Fullarton hotel in tollcross, in the carpark there was a Rangers dustbin and I thought 'oh *' as i was wearing my hoops, but as I met the staff there who were really nice I cottoned on. The streets were very empty before the match and on the Sunday which surprised me, something i'm not used to. Everyone was really friendly to us, bus drivers, staff at the hotel and this one guy who ill get to later.
    I have to give alot of credit to my bird as she was like a homing pigeon, she planned the route and we followed the hoops rest of the way through Parkhead and into the stadium. My friend with the tickets told me to meet him at the pools office, so me being a complete * went round asking people about 'where's the polling station? But we eventually found him and got sorted.
    Sat down next to my dad around 50 minutes before the match started but time just flew by while I took in all my surroundings and contemplated where I am in that moment. An Asian fella, maybe Indian or Pakistani was to my right who brought his young lad with him, took my train of thought into some good places about community. I grabbed my kyogo scarf and sang YNWA while I looked up at the sky practically in tears. Between us was an empty seat up until the last minute before kick off then he arrived, I'll never know his name but i'm glad i sat next to him. He was Celtic Mad and was giving the Jambo's who were quite close to my left a lot of good abuse.Every tackle, every shot or pass, everyone was going crazy for, my hands are all blue and bruised from clapping. Kyogo got his first goal everyone leaps out of their seat and starts hugging the person next to them.I looked over at the maroon people again, this time they were not making heroin in the arm gestures or doing * salutes like they were at the start. They just looked at us with a sad expression, I stared at one guy about my age right in his eyes for about 20 seconds and then shook my head in disapproval.
    I think the Celtic Mad guy was local from Glasgow, I kind of envy that tbh,to live close enough.
    So to cut a long, probably boring for you, story short, we did the tour of Celtic Park this morning. Stephen was a great guide and host to us also

Best two days I've had in all my life though, honestly felt really close to some good vibes. I like people and Celtic is a club for people. I understand that there is pure hatred up there but on a spectrum there is pure love aswell and I felt really close to it.
    I hope everyone enjoys the moments as they come and the ones to come aswell, thanks for reading HH

2. jake10

Fav Celtic Player:
    whoever is our new record spend
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Go on home british soldiers
    excellent post Landry, you picked a great game as the team was flying and the fans bouncing, I’ll be driving back up this Friday to see family and huddle in 408, CANNOT * WAIT

3. Landry N'guemo

Fav Celtic Player:
    Landry
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Celtic symphony
    Keep the good times rolling Jake. Cheers mate, i'm still buzzing off my *. I need a few days to settle down until next weekend. Enjoy!

4. Taz Blind Justice Gold Member News Writer

Fav Celtic Player:
    Paul McStay
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Celtic Symphony
    Great little story, glad you had such an enjoyable time. Brings back memories of my first visits to CP having made the trip from Australia (although my first Celtic game was a few years before, when we were playing our home games at Hampden when Paradise was being redeveloped). Thanks for sharing that @Landry N'guemo :50:

Didn't know they did the tour on matchdays. I remember the couple of times I've done it, albeit first time was in 2004. We ran into Ross Wallace that day, also spotted Joos Valgaeran and Alan Thompson there at the time but they were down pitchside when we were up in the press gallery at the time) and the next was in 2006 (I got yo lift the Big Easred Cup, did my best Billy McNeill impression, lol), so either way nearly 20 years ago.

5. Landry N'guemo

Fav Celtic Player:
    Landry
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Celtic symphony
    Thanks Taz, we did the tour on the Sunday and really enjoyed it. Its actually something I want to do hopefully next time with my family again, maybe go for the more expensive option with the meal included.
    I imagine our tour guide got to meet a lot of Celtic legends also, must be the best job.

6. Taz Blind Justice Gold Member News Writer

Fav Celtic Player:
    Paul McStay
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Celtic Symphony
    We didnt get a meal or anything, lol. It was about an 90min-2hrs or so, but it was the days before the Lennoxtown development, so you would often see first team players around the stadium alot back then, as they would go there to get changed etc before or after training sessions at Barrowfield. so it wasnt that unusual back then.

Landry N'guemo likes this.
  7. greengrocer

Fav Celtic Player:
    Mjallby, Larsson, Lambert
    Made me smile reading that.

8. Landry N'guemo

Fav Celtic Player:
    Landry
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Celtic symphony
    Yea its really good value for money, i'd recommend it for families. The guides are proper Celtic fans and they treat you well.
    I want to learn more about Glasgow next trip I make, should be easy to organise a coach tour

9. Landry N'guemo

Fav Celtic Player:
    Landry
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Celtic symphony
    They take so much pride in our trophies and tell some great stories. Hope all who are reading can manage to make it to some games and if you are regulars or season ticket holders I envy you alot. If its your first or second time then try make as much noise and the person next to you and you'll enjoy it something special:50: