1. Having trouble logging in by clicking the link at the top right of the page? Click here to be taken to the log in page.
    Dismiss Notice

Adam Idah

Discussion in 'Celtic Chat' started by Callum McGregor, Jan 31, 2024.

Discuss Adam Idah in the Celtic Chat area at TalkCeltic.net.

1. greengrocer

Fav Celtic Player:
    Mjallby, Larsson, Lambert
    If the deal was more up to 5million with addons and such would make a bit more sense.
    But tbh these days a 5mil players is what we would have wasted on the wasted strikers of the past for 2 million.
    Celtic seem to think inflation doesn't exist.....at least when buying players and wages.
    Different story for merch and tickets

2. Henrik 07 Gold Member Gold Member

CELTIC will have to stump up at least £5million to land striker Adam Idah this summer.

SunSport understands that’s the minimum price tag Norwich City are set to slap on the on-loan Republic of Ireland star

Idah, 23, has made a decent impact at Celtic Park since arriving from Carrow Road in January.

The Canaries hitman has scored seven goals in 14 appearances, despite mostly being used as back-up to Kyogo Furuhashi.

Idah has weighed in with crucial strikes against Rangers, Hibs and Motherwell at key stages in the title race.

Hoops boss Brendan Rodgers has confirmed they will make a call on a permanent bid at the end of the season

Idah still has four years remaining on his Norwich contract but is expected to be allowed to leave for the right fee.

Canaries chiefs believe he is worth at least £5m but much could depend on the level of interest in the powerful striker.

Italian top-flight side Hellas Verona came close to a January loan deal before Idah agreed a move to Celtic.

The Norwich man is also likely to have other suitors in the Championship come this summer.

Rodgers recently admitted he would assess Celtic’s position on Idah in the coming weeks.

But he confirmed the Hoops do not have a specific loan-to-buy fee.

Rodgers said: “Adam thrives on the pressure here and has a hunger to improve.

“So we’ll assess that at the end of the season. It’s not all in our hands.”

Asked about his own future last month, Idah revealed he has parked all talks until the end of the season.

He said: “I honestly haven’t looked into what I am going to do.

“My main focus has been on finishing the season and winning as many games as possible.

“That’s the main target for me and the team.

I don’t know about other players, but if I look too far ahead it can affect me on the pitch.

“I want to finish the season on a high and then see what happens.”

3. elbhoydo

Fav Celtic Player:
    Paul McStay
    If we went ahead and bought him then that's our strikers fir next season. Would you be happy with that?.. I wouldn't.
    I doubt very much we would buy another if he signed

4. JimOfTheJungle

He's pretty * and if he was to be the limit of our striker ambition it would be an abysmal window.

5. BelfastBhoy74

Fav Celtic Player:
    Lennon
    Fav Celtic Song:
    The Fields
    I had thought £9m was being bandied around shortly after he arrived which seemed crazy. If the true number is £5m then that is reasonable for a player who should only get better.....but as said earlier, buy him and that would be us done....
    Genuinely swithering between being content with him and Kyogo as the pairing....or do you twist on someone different who "might" be better......

bhroom and Random Review like this.
  6. Random Review

Fav Celtic Player:
    Jinky (ever) Lubo (modern era), KT (current)
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Fields of Athenry
    If he was 27 like Iwata, I would be against paying that much. At 23, with plenty of development potential and a realistic chance of at least recouping the fee in a few years, I think it's a pretty reasonable fee.

Gabriel, bhroom and eire4 like this.
  7. Morcombe

Fav Celtic Player:
    Kyogo, Jota, Abada, Taylor, McGregor, the whole team!
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Let the People Sing, This Land is Your land, Over & Over, Green, White & Gold, Hampden in the Sun, E
    If he can get into double figures fir us this season then he might be worth it, also depends in how vital these 3 remaining goals would be.

If They're winners against the huns, killie and hearts then great.
    If its a hat trick in a 6-0 thumping of st. Mirren on the last day then no.

8. packybhoy Administrator Administrator Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Danny McGrain
    Not sold on the lad but he has done far more than I expected from him. To that I’m thankful but we need something a bit more. His first touch can be a bit heavy and if he had that about him his value would be higher.

9. Officer Doofy Come to me, human man Gold Member

Pass. £5m is too much.

Albeit, the way Rodgers talks about him I wouldn't be surprised if we go for it.

PaddyJamieson likes this.
  10. eire4

Fav Celtic Player:
    Henrik Larsson
    Given what he has produced so far and his age profile I would be happy to see us sign him on a long term deal for 5m.

Random Review and bhroom like this.
  11. Westlondonscot Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Calmac
    I don't think 5m is too much, I don't think you get much these days for 5m with a striker.

12. Officer Doofy Come to me, human man Gold Member

For us it is. He's not shown enough in front of goal to suggest he should be our main man, and we're not in a position to spend £5m on a back up or plan B option.

I'd rather we spent an extra couple of million on someone more convincing, with a better goal return.

13. buchanbhoy

Fav Celtic Player:
    jimmy johnstone
    Fav Celtic Song:
    willie malley song
    He is not worth 5 million, look elsewhere Celtic for better value for money.

14. Leone Naka Fan

Fav Celtic Player:
    Nakamura, Moravčik, Petrov, Ki
    Fav Celtic Song:
    You'll Never Walk Alone
    £5million?? Look, I'm a fan of Oh Hyeon-gyu whom Idah is ruining, but £5million is cheap for a player from England who has scored a decent amount of goals for us, including a crucial goal at Ibrox. Unless Rodgers is leaving, we should pay the money now, before someone at Norwich realizes they forgot to put a 1 before the 5 on the price tag, which any * player in England goes for.

If Rodgers will leave,then there's no point in foisting a player on his successor.

15. honda Gold Member Gold Member

I'd take him for that. Ship OH out for £2m and its a done deal. Someone even better comes along then go for it. Kyogo has been far from impressive, so imo needs big money spent replacing him.

Last edited: May 2, 2024
  16. ddub11

If we dont take him for 5 million im guessing someone will and we could be kicking ourselves.
    Of course he could turn out to be * but as things stand he,s shown us that hes has something about him and with the correct coaching could develope into a really good player.

The thing is for the money we are looking at spending (5 mijjion)who ever we bring will be a bit of a risk and at least with idah we know hes not a complete dud.

17. TheHappyLoss

Being better than Oh doesn’t mean he’s good enough

18. Big C

Worth the quoted fee no doubt. It’s not a lot of money, our board have brainwashed supporters into thinking it’s a lot of money and we can’t afford it. Lennon cost £6 or thereabouts. The manager likes him, that’ll do for me. Not a risky signing, the club no what we would be getting.

eire4 likes this.
  19. john2061

Think the board have brainwashed some of our supporters if you think 5 million is alot these days and buying £2 or £3 million players over the last 15 years show that .
    Even 3rd division teams in England are spending more than that on a player and we really need to increase our transfer and wage structure up or we are staying in mediocrity for the next decade.
    If we win the league we will have over £100 million in the bank and no excuse for this board to push the boat out and bring in a few quality players for the champions league.

TheHappyLoss and eire4 like this.
  20. PaddyJamieson

£5m is too much for me. We can get better elsewhere for the same price. The question is, will we? I don't have much faith in our scouting just now, especially with Rodgers in charge.

Sgt Neppers* likes this.