1. Having trouble logging in by clicking the link at the top right of the page? Click here to be taken to the log in page.
    Dismiss Notice

Does anyone have Viaplay?

Discussion in 'TC Media' started by Onefootwonder, Jun 25, 2023.

Discuss Does anyone have Viaplay? in the TC Media area at TalkCeltic.net.

1. Onefootwonder

As per the title, does anyone have Viaplay?

I took them up on the cheap offer recently. It is fine if I'm at home to watch on Sky, but the app is awful for live streams. Every live sport the picture is so juddery I can't watch.

I've tried various different devices, broadband connections and mobile data. All the other TV based apps I have are fine, it's just Viaplay.

I've been speaking to Viaplay, but their customer care is useless. I've done everything they have asked me to do. It takes them days to come back with the next suggestion. Their final solution was telling me to ask my broadband provider for a new router.

I've deleted and reinstalled the app. I've deleted cache and cookies. I've installed it on a new device. Nothing works.

When I stream a film or programme it works fine. Live sport and highlights of the live sports judder.

Is your live streams on the app ok? Anything else I can try?

2. JamesM09

It’s always been fine for me mate. What device are you using?

3. Onefootwonder

My phone, tablet and Chromecast. I can't get live sports to run well at all.

I've tried everything I can think of. It's the only app I have issues with.

JamesM09 likes this.
  4. JamesM09

I would try running speedtest website just to check your speed while you’re testing so you can rule that out.

In the app there is app settings > video quality. It might be worth playing with that.. mine is set to high.

I would also try going to their site on a laptop and see how that runs for you just to see if it’s the app that is somehow the problem.

Onefootwonder likes this.
  5. Onefootwonder

My internet and 5G are spot on. I don't think my broadband drops below 60mbps. I don't have any issues with every other streaming service.

I dropped the video settings down on Viaplay. It doesn't help. It does say that it detects and chooses the correct quality.

JamesM09 likes this.
  6. Westlondonscot Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Calmac
    Runs fine on Amazon stick. Ive only used it for live football so far

7. NakamuraTastic

Fav Celtic Player:
    Naka, Rogic & Alan Watts!
    Got the £59 online deal.

I only watch online via the laptop..but I have to change the settings from streaming very high quality to a lower quality as my laptop is a bit old so it stutters. That could be the issue. I forget where you change it now but its defo there

Last edited: Jun 28, 2023
  8. Peej Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Thom
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Let The People Sing
    Got rid of it.

I was on premier sport, purely for the access to la liga TV.
    They swapped to viaplay, who honoured the original contracts folk had (79-99 quid), but when renewal time came around, they wanted £149 for the service.

Find the app/site (don't have sky to use a dedicated channel) absolutely woeful. Sports aren't on actual channels any more, just a subsection that seems to air matches/games/sport as and when they know they are on.

The access for la liga TV, as a dedicated channel is pretty much gone and not worth the price tag

See they done a deal lately, around £50 or something. Tempting to get it back if that happens for next season, but honestly, I was pretty much put off them as an overall service in the first place.
    Charging folk £149 to renew, then offering it at such a reduction to others, after the fact some will be tied in, is pretty * poor. Should have just kept it at 79/99 and folk be happier.

Sent from my M2012K11AG using Tapatalk

NakamuraTastic likes this.
  9. Dalbeth3

Fav Celtic Player:
    to many greats to be able to pick one
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Celtic symphony
    Stick man Stick ?????

10. Peej Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Thom
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Let The People Sing
    ???

As in fire stick?

Sent from my M2012K11AG using Tapatalk

11. Dalbeth3

Fav Celtic Player:
    to many greats to be able to pick one
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Celtic symphony
    Yes if you can get one , plenty going around

Peej likes this.
  12. Onefootwonder

I told Viaplay ages ago that I wouldn't be renewing my contract and to disable automatic subscription renewal.

When it changed over to Premier Sports I did login to Premier Sports to see what it said. There wasn't an option to unsubscribe as it said I subscribed elsewhere. I thought that would mean there would be no auto subscription.

Premier Sports have taken the money out of my bank. I'll need to chase them up to get that fixed.

Just a heads up to others before you get automatically billed when you think you've already unsubscribed.

honda likes this.
  13. jake10

Fav Celtic Player:
    whoever is our new record spend
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Go on home british soldiers
    just so you know, I transferred over to from viaplay to premier and premier let me unsubscribe and end my account

14. NakamuraTastic

Fav Celtic Player:
    I had to log in to premier and stop the sub as they had put it up from £59 to £99 without telling me. I did it via the premier site with the same log in details as viaplay

15. Westlondonscot Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Calmac
    I had unsubscribed as soon as I signed for a year with Viaplay, as I always do if I buy a year cheap of any channel. However I had to re-unsubscribe after the transfer. I noticed because Premier emailed me to let me know the subscription would come out in a few days.

16. Onefootwonder

I didn't get an email that any payment was going to be taken.

When I logged into Premier Sports there was no option to cancel. It said my subscription was through Sky and no action could be taken. I paid for Viaplay directly and don't pay using Sky.

It was Premier Sports that took the money from my bank. I emailed them, but they are arguing that I didn't cancel.

17. NakamuraTastic

Fav Celtic Player:
    I think you could technically legally challenge them on that to be fair as they 'resubscribed' people above, which maybe illegal because they put the price up without notification of a price change. Be polite first and say..come on blah blah blah...Then if not, threaten them with a small claims court challenge lol.

'I had unsubscribed as soon as I signed for a year with Viaplay, as I always do if I buy a year cheap of any channel. However I had to re-unsubscribe after the transfer. I noticed because Premier emailed me to let me know the subscription would come out in a few days.'