1. Having trouble logging in by clicking the link at the top right of the page? Click here to be taken to the log in page.
    Dismiss Notice

Player Suggestions

Discussion in 'Transfer Rumours' started by CheGuevara, Jul 19, 2021.

Discuss Player Suggestions in the Transfer Rumours area at TalkCeltic.net.

1. calmac23

I assume Lyall Cameron, who's had an excellent season. I don't think he'll ever be good enough for us though. Watson/Miller are the only two who would be worthwhile taking a punt on.

Cameron is probably at a Hearts/Aberdeen level for now, not good enough.

McChiellini.. likes this.
  2. McChiellini..

Fav Celtic Song:
    For those who are in love.....
    The wee tiny guy?

Been good for them but naming 3 players playing at Dundee this season. Jeez:56:

Miller 100% is the domestic priority..

Watson looks good but more all action. Is he technically good enough? Would have to see more but I do like his box to box running style..

3. Hammy89 Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Larsson, McNamara, Moravčík, Boruc and Boyd
    Fav Celtic Song:
    YNWA, Fields Of Athenry and The Celtic Song
    Pay £1m-£2m, loan him back and see what he can do at Killie next season. He's only turned 19.

4. NoContextCelts

Fav Celtic Player:
    Kyogo
    Fav Celtic Song:
    YNWA
    They'll surely want more than that

5. Hammy89 Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Possibly.

He only has two years left on his deal and Killie's record sale is Greg Taylor for £3m. Their second biggest sale is Naismith for £2.5m. Then you're looking at under £1m.

Crilly likes this.
  6. Double Dutch

Fav Celtic Player:
    CalMac
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Celtic Symphony
    Hoping Darren O'Dea is goanny start actioning things like this. Can't say I've noticed Watson really but Lennon Miller is prime candidate for this type of business. Will see how O'Dea does in his new role over the next year or so.

7. Leone Naka Fan

Fav Celtic Player:
    Nakamura, Moravčik, Petrov, Ki
    Fav Celtic Song:
    You'll Never Walk Alone
    Dominik Livaković, the subject of our only semi-serious GK rumor last summer, wants to leave Turkey. The violent fan scene there might be too much for him- he got punched by an opposing team hooligan, and now rumors are linking him with a €4M-6M move to Olympiacos. In Scotland, getting punched in the face by a mutant is admittedly a rarer occurrence.

I know Rodgers likes his ball-playing keeper BS, but he might not even stay. And as we saw last weekend, penalty shootouts are a thing, even for us. CP might go Live if we were to get Livaković?

8. Liam Scales Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Broony
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Celtic Symphony, YNWA, Grace
    We were linked again with him last week. I hate returning to guys that seemed to string us along, I think with how long we were linked consistently and apparently ‘rumoured’ to be in contact, that’s what happened, us the back up option.

However, in this case, I don’t care if we can get business done early in the summer for him before pre-season. If he looks to be stalling, and dragging it on like last year though, move on sharpish.

I’ve only seen him Internationally, but I watch every Croatia game I can catch that doesn’t clash with Scotland, so maybe 20 odd games. And the World Cup performances he was genuinely exceptional, and I’ve never seen him poor. He’s 29, experienced as *, and can take us up a level. He’s a Forster/Boruc in the CL for us level, can turn losses to draws and draws to wins. I’m desperately trying to not even get a slight hope up for it. I don’t see it happening, but yes, we would be * incompetent not checking.

Leone Naka Fan likes this.
  9. Foley1888

A shout for a striker Ramon Mierez, Argentinian Striker playing in Croatia. He is 26 has 24 goal contributions (17g + 7A) in 30 games this season. Looks like he leads the line well, strong in the air despite being slightly under 6ft. Good at linking play with midfield runners and finding space in the box for himself. Good work rate too.

He is playing for Osijek and has been there a few seasons had a great season a few years back with 25 goals in 35 games so this season isn’t a random one.

@Leone Naka Fan have you seen much of him being based out in Croatia? Looks a Rodgers type striker.

Another player we should go for is Adem Zorgane at RSC in Belgium. Powerful centre midfielder with an excellent passing range. Coming towards his peak years, wouldn’t be cheap but would suit our other midfield options.

KRS-1888 likes this.
  10. Leone Naka Fan

Fav Celtic Player:
    Fav Celtic Song:
    You'll Never Walk Alone
    Mierez has had hot and cold spells. At one point, several years ago, he was considered for a Croatia call-up. He has some distant Croatian ancestry as well (through his great-grandmother). But I don't think he's better than Kyogo, while being better and more all-round than any Croatian striker in contention for EURO 2024 (we produce big, slow, battering rams unsuited to the passing maestros like Modrić, Brozović and Kovačić).

He'd be okay as a signing, but strictly as the number 2 striker, which IMO, right now, is Idah. If we buy Adam off, then there's no point in getting anyone- let Maeda be the backup striker.

Last edited: Apr 29, 2024
    Foley1888 likes this.
  11. Hammy89 Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Fav Celtic Song:
    * buy Miovski and Miller and Watson already!

Damnati likes this.
  12. Foley1888

Thanks for the insight, probably not one for us then. I think if we are going to run with Kyogo and another then we need a very good all round striker as the other option better than Idah. If Rodgers is to stay I am not sure what we do with Kyogo as this system doesn’t work for him.

13. Leone Naka Fan

Fav Celtic Player:
    Fav Celtic Song:
    You'll Never Walk Alone
    Idah gives us more physical strength and height than Mierez can. But, Mierez is far cheaper - which is what the board like. Do we need a few strikers of very different profiles, or is it okay to have similar ones - that is what Rodgers has to decide, should he stay.

14. Wllm Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Henrik Larsson
    Orri Óskarsson. Young striker at Copenhagen. Looks a real prospect with a bit of everything in his game.

William Clem from Copenhagen (DM) looks a talent too.

In fact, Copenhagen seem to have a fair bit of talent coming through including that boy Bardghji...

Clem

15. Ruari McCandless

Fav Celtic Player:
    Larsson
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Anyone seen much of that Finn Azaz at Middlesbrough? MF Rep Ireland International 11 goals and 10 assists this season only 23. Apparently valued at 4-5 Mill

Crilly likes this.
  16. Mickmac Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    James Forrest
    Fav Celtic Song:
    YNWA
    I'd give McCowan a chance to try to step up. He's shown he can stand out against us and the Huns and he's been a stand out for Dundee all season. He's 26 but I think he looks like a late developer who's still improving. I think he's out of contract at the end of the season so give him £2000 a week for 2 years (can be increased if he's successful) and all we're risking is 200k. Better than risking £3m on a project from abroad.

Last edited: May 1, 2024
    Luis1967 likes this.
  17. calmac23

I’d be really disappointed if we signed him. Bernardo for example, is a significantly better player than McCowan.

He’s the type of player who could be great for Aberdeen or Hibs/Hearts, but for us? We can do much better. He’d struggle to make our squads and end up being someone we complain about in half a season’s time like we did with McCarthy (who was and likely still is a miles better player than McCowan).

Miller/Watson and any other promising young talent is who we should be after.

18. martin_d

Fav Celtic Song:
    Willie Maley Song
    This. He’s a Diets signing all day long.

neilly1987 likes this.
  19. Mickmac Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    James Forrest
    Fav Celtic Song:
    YNWA
    The point I'm making is we could get McCowan for peanuts and I think he'd have a wee chance of making it if he continued to improve (at least be a decent squad player). We'll be spending millions on Bernardo (who I think we should sign too) and probably other players we'll bring in. He's nothing like McCarthy who was done when we got him and we've payed a significant wage to him for 4 years. I don't think people would complain if he's on a relatively low wage for 2 years initially.

20. Luis1967 Gold Member Gold Member

* on our midfield on Sunday for the most part. But aye at 26 maybe pretty unlikely now.

Would take him or Lyall Cameron before Lennon Millar, done far more consistently. Not to say Millar won’t be a player just early and overhyped atm.