1. Having trouble logging in by clicking the link at the top right of the page? Click here to be taken to the log in page.
    Dismiss Notice

Board Issues

Discussion in 'Celtic Chat' started by SCOTTYBHOY_67, Aug 9, 2019.

Discuss Board Issues in the Celtic Chat area at TalkCeltic.net.

1. SCOTTYBHOY_67

Fav Celtic Player:
    Kieran Tierney
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Grand Old Team To Play For
    Is time for us as fans to start being more demanding on our board to strengthen our team adequately. We seem to always want many millions in the bank don’t mind being in profit and having money in the bank.

But us as fans who support the club through thick and thin should potentially do more to let our feelings be known to the board.

CountyDownFaithful likes this.
  2. scootz

I think the Board are more than aware that there's a section of fans who would want us to spend, spend, spend!

3. Henrik 07 Gold Member Gold Member

Protests and pitch forks.

4. StevieBhoooy!

They will be well aware of fans wishes... but they are balancing business success with team success.

Money is what matters and they would only react if the fans stopped spending it. With season tickets sold out ... 10,000 plus paying £10 to go on a waiting list they’re not going to worry.

Fans could do a Sevco and stop buying merchandise but they know that won’t happen either.

The emotions involved with football make it like no other business.

The supporters and those running it will always be at odds regarding investment.

5. CarmunnockBhoy

Fav Celtic Player:
    Larsson
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Let the people sing
    We can * and moan all we want but some say Lawwells skin is really thick.

6. Garrymac1888

I'm sitting flicking on the football tonight, watched Moussa score, Virgil score, Robertson with Liverpool, Denayer playing for Lyon, Pukki score and Robert's albeit on the bench for Norwich.

I know with the league we play in and resources we have we couldn't have kept some and some we let go.....my point is we are a feeder club, no more no less.

We have no ambition outwith Scotland, win the league maybe do well in Europe that is the plan.

If you want more its probably time to become an EPL two team supporting * as this is as good as it gets with the hoops.

Last edited: Aug 9, 2019
    littlekennie likes this.
  7. Spring Time Gold Member Gold Member

What do you want to do about it?

8. Gioventu UTLR Gold Member

The fact the huns have been * has been a blessing for the board the past few seasons. After Rodgers was appointed we’ve been taken for a ride each transfer window and regressed each season. Regardless of whether it’s recklessness, naivety or just plain stupidity the board are the ones who’ve closed the gap.

The phrase ‘riots’ is overused but if our own board * the 10 when it should have been a canter, then I’d fully expect heads to roll.

9. LectersLuncheon

Fav Celtic Player:
    Henke
    Fav Celtic Song:
    all of them
    Its mars bar time imo.

Only this time use a * brick and not a mars bar.

10. john2061

Been saying for years this board when it comes to Europe have no ambition and a change at the top is long over due .
    We are not expecting 100 million to be spent but the supporters expect the board to try and get us to the next level in Europe and it's not happening with this board who year after year gamble in making the group stages .

11. scootz

Pretty much the same Board who were in charge when we got into the last 16 of the Champions League... twice.

stew37 and Spring Time like this.
  12. JC Anton Get yer, hats, scarfs badges & tapes

We're powerless, I'd like more of say and our transfer policy lacks any coherent direction..

However, three trebles in a row would suggest they may know more than we give them credit for.. At times.

Gyp Rosetti and Spring Time like this.
  13. angusceltic67

Or hold out for a European super lge to be formed within the next ten years or so and hope Celtic are invited.

Maybe PL knows something we don't?

Garrymac1888 likes this.
  14. paulie walnuts Moderator Moderator Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Neil lennon
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Just cant get enough
    It’s a fair point. I think, over the years, the club have gradually lowered and lowered our expectations.
    Lots of recent comments on here hoping that Lenny gets half of the KT money.
    Half ffs. With the money we have he should see all of it and more.

CountyDownFaithful likes this.
  15. The Prof Administrator Administrator

Fav Celtic Player:
    Jinky
    Failure to strengthen properly may end up costing us, but i think we should at least wait and see what happens over the next 2-3 weeks.

16. Spring Time Gold Member Gold Member

Something, just do something.
    Do the board know our feelings?

17. CountyDownFaithful

Let’s see how the rest of the window unfolds but if the board don’t get their act together soon then I completely back this.

18. themouth1888

As long as the fans continue to pump money into the club then not one * is given by the board.

They will only notice when this stops. Give it the few weeks and see what's invested. If we are in fact bummed then boycott buying tickets for cup games etc.... only way Lawell will take notice

19. Garrymac1888

I've been hoping for that for 20 years mate.

Lets just say I'll not be hanging upside down from the balls waiting on whatabouterry.

ChrisMoh and angusceltic67 like this.
  20. murphy88

We didn't get there by our board being ambitious though to be fair. The twice we did it under Strachan, when you look at our team it was a minor miracle. Guys like Caldwell, Naylor, McManus, Telfer, Sno. Then when we done it under Lennon, although we had a pretty good side, it wasn't done by the board pushing the boat out and spending fortunes.