1. Having trouble logging in by clicking the link at the top right of the page? Click here to be taken to the log in page.
    Dismiss Notice

[Link] David Turnbull

Discussion in 'Transfer Rumours' started by Officer Doofy, May 31, 2019.

Discuss David Turnbull in the Transfer Rumours area at TalkCeltic.net.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. DoTheBroony

Fav Celtic Player:
    Kristoffer Ajer
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Roll of Honour, BBB
    Went to the website for PFA Pro Legal and here are Liam O'Donnell's words about what the group does:

"Our law firm were assisting PFA Scotland in sorting out a number of complaints and disputes between Players and their Agents. We decided the simple solution going forward was to start our own Agency wing working alongside PFA Scotland. Importantly, and uniquely, the agency is not run by Agents, but by Lawyers working alongside ex professional football players at PFA Scotland."

:blahblah1

2. 4-4-2

Post removed by staff

Last edited by a moderator: Jun 15, 2019
  3. DennyCelt Free Palestine

Fav Celtic Player:
    Shunsuke Nakamura
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Let the People Sing
    They haven’t actually formally turned it down, though. He’s been offered a life changing amount of money but is using the media coverage of the deal to attract attention from England. If they don’t get a more lucrative offer from elsewhere then they have the Celtic deal to ‘fall back on’. It all goes back to respect, something tells me if DT and his representatives had dealt with this in a respectful manner we wouldn’t be releasing statements on Twitter, petty as they might look

Artorias likes this.
  4. Dalbeth3

Fav Celtic Player:
    to many greats to be able to pick one
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Celtic symphony
    62 pages about a * who does not want to.play for us....
    * some players who are playing for us don't even.have that many.pages

5. MacEwan Himmy Butler Gold Member

I’d rather that, means there’s nothing bad to talk about.

6. Blochairnbhoy

Fav Celtic Player:
    Scott Sinclair
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Grace
    Tam Cowan o_O

“From the player’s point of view, it’s a shame he didn’t agree a deal last week. According to tradition, it would have earned him a Scotland call-up.

Whatever happens, I can only doff my cap to Motherwell chairman Jim McMahon, chief executive Alan Burrows and the rest of the lifelong fans in the boardroom.

After rejecting three bids for our biggest asset (including, I’m told, a cheeky £1m offer from Barnsley paid in three annual instalments) the Well directors stood firm.

The £3m fee from Celtic of course includes add-ons and a sell-on clause (worth another fortune when, I predict, Turnbull moves to a top-four EPL side next summer).

A fan-owned club simply can’t refuse this level of cash. It would take The Well Society 16 YEARS (at £200,000-a-year) to raise the same amount of dosh.

I think everyone’s a winner, so I hope David signs.”

Crilly and Big Shoes like this.
  7. Maestro 08

Their hand was forced by Motherwell who said the player was in talks with us. They were covering their own backs after the deal broke down. If Motherwell hadn't of said what they did we wouldn't have released any statement. Don't expect any transparency going forward.

8. bhoy81

from parkhead glasgow but now live in merseyside

I don’t expect anything from the club, does it matter if Motherwell went public?

Even if it’s was all behind closed doors people would have moaned with the talks breaking down.

The club have come out with what has happened? Thank * to be fair or would you rather be in the dark about it wondering what if?

Club has called the agents bluff.

Tommy25 likes this.
  9. G_portillo

Fav Celtic Player:
    Van Djik
    I totally appreciate they hav not given an answer, if you look at my posts in this thread i highlight that fact. It makes our statement and its timing even more strange because he might end up accepting. If you want a player why would you create a negative atmosphere while he considers? Theres just no need for it, it doesnt do us any favours.

That isnt necessarily true, there isnt one direct quote from his camp to suggest that they are the ones who made it public.

Maybe he just wants time to weigh up his options? You said it yourself, its a life changing decision. A 19 year old with a lot of money being fluttered at him and a lot of people speaking in his ear no doubt.

If its between us and Southampton, he will surely get more game time with us.

10. Maestro 08

I wouldnt rather anything. I'm just pointing out that this is a one off. We wont willingly be releasing statements over transfers any time soon.

11. bhoy81

from parkhead glasgow but now live in merseyside
    For once I’m glad they have, cause most of us would have said we * the lad over extra.

Like I’ve said I always question the club since they have dragged their heels in the last 4/5 windows.

This time they have done it right and the agent has been a *. Behind the club on this one.

The next target and the way they handled it maybe different

Tommy25 likes this.
  12. Scotia Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    you wear the hoops thats good enough
    Fav Celtic Song:
    over and over
    In the unlikely event he does sign now , id love to be in the dressing room the first day he turns up …….. Broony and a couple of senior lads sitting at a card table shuffling the cards " sit doon son we kept you a seat " .

Blochairnbhoy likes this.
  13. Keano88

They should/could have let us know what happened if/when the deal was dead.

Not whilst we’re still wanting the player to sign.

Maestro 08 likes this.
  14. moravcik1888

Fav Celtic Player:
    Paul McStay
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Fields of Athenry
    Celtic have offered £3 million and no doubt a very good wage packet. This is an excellent offer for a 19 year old who still has a * of a lot prove. Celtic are right to come out and say 'take it or leave it', in fact Id almost be tempted to withdraw the offer and show we are not to be * around with. The agent is clearly hoping the McGinn debacle will force us into paying over the odds. Turnbull has the chance to move to a club like Celtic, if this falls through he could have just made the biggest mistake of his life.

15. BhoyInGreen1967

I haven't seen him play that often, so I can't judge if he is better than Christie, Henderson etc.

But what I know is that Motherwell will be raging if they won't get the money they want for him..

16. McChiellini..

Fav Celtic Song:
    For those who are in love.....
    Can't stand that fat *..

So Turnbull wants 20 grand a week but doesn't know if he can guarantee his self a starting spot in the side? Lol..

17. Keano88

100% tell the agent and player that we ain’t budging and they can take it or leave it.

Don’t announce it to the world that you’ve told the agent and player that they can take the offer or * off though.

18. McChiellini..

Fav Celtic Song:
    For those who are in love.....
    I don't know what's so difficult to understand about that..

No one is complaining about our stance. Just how we've aired it..

19. Liam Scales Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Broony
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Celtic Symphony, YNWA, Grace
    Very same people would be complaining we leave the fans in the dark and slating the board for being wanks in this scenario though.

I’m quite happy they’ve kept us in the loop a bit more.

20. mayo

After really liking the thought of signing him I've changed my tune, seems the sort of * even if he did sign as soon as epl teams come sniffing he'll be pushing for a move

MickeyyMack likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.