1. Having trouble logging in by clicking the link at the top right of the page? Click here to be taken to the log in page.
    Dismiss Notice

Shitebags, charlatans and imposters!

Discussion in 'Celtic Chat' started by Mr. Slippyfist, Dec 29, 2018.

Discuss Shitebags, charlatans and imposters! in the Celtic Chat area at TalkCeltic.net.

1. tez mctic

The most sad and depressing thread in at least 10 year......We are better than
    this fellow tims...yes it hurts to be soundly beaten by the monkeys...
    But come may this will be be a bitter memory only.
    Happy New 2019 to one and all.KTF.

2. Ciaran_67

Fav Celtic Player:
    Jan Venegoor of Hessilink
    Every time I see this thread title I cringe a little inside.

Happy new year to everyone when it comes and have a toast to being en route to a treble treble and an EL last 32.

Not bad for a team of Charlatans and imposters that!

Nicole and Callum McGregor like this.
  3. littlekennie

Fav Celtic Player:
    nakamura
    Fav Celtic Song:
    four leaf clover
    It's a number of bad results the Derby game is just the cherry on top

Sent from my AUM-L29 using Tapatalk

4. Eazey

In my humble opinion. We had a sloppy end to last season followed by a * transfer window that we have slowly shaken off.
    Its taken the team a while to find their rhythm. Derby was *, but they were due one. A few forced team changes didnt help us either. Lets not pretend the manky mob are any good. How many would actually get in our squad? Maybe alan mcgregor?

5. Twisty Rodgers out !!! Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Lubo
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Celtic Symphony

Does that make it more concerning ?

Where is the problem then ? To me it's just tactical errors and poor management playing favourites and a mixture of over and under estimating opponents. But it's happened too often this season and last. If it continues, I dread to think of the consequences.

6. Tim-Time 1888 Always look on the bright side of Life Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Enrico Annoni
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Hail Hail

I wish people would stop saying how the orcs are due one, we all know the law of averages dictates that. The problem is when your set up virtually gives them a helping * hand, by playing players out of place while, AGAIN, playing Broony and Ntcham together when every * can see that does not work has not worked.

7. AndyRocks1888

Fav Celtic Player:
    Henrik Larsson
    I wouldn’t agree with the title of the thread, the majority of that squad has brought us success beyond our expectations.
    I would say the squad needs freshened up slightly!
    Get the Boyata saga sorted, sign or go, simple as that!
    I think Broony still has enough about him to finish this season on a high but I feel it’ll be his last.
    Although it’s hard not to have a knee * reaction to saturdays game, the manner in the way we lost makes it that way.
    They’re not a good team in any way!
    We freshen up and get some quality in we’ll romp the 2nd half of the season!
    Another treble coming up

8. Mr. Slippyfist

Too many replies to see to, but I'll take yours seeing as I've been replying to you since Saturday.

You may cringe as much as you like in regards to the threat title, but it's pretty appropriate as far as I'm concerned:

Shitebags - No one will tell me any differently. Shat it from almost every single individual battle, as well as shat it on the occasion - manager included. Morelos running about kicking and nipping at our players and not one example of retribution from any of our lot (apart from maybe Ralston who offered some sort of grit when he came on). Never ever have I seen a Celtic team capitulate right from the opening whistle against THAT lot or any other lot. We have a bipolar footballing mentality this season, and we most certainly have a very WEAK mentality when it comes to physical battles or teams pressing us. One only need look at the game where Jack Hendry was stood laughing with Naismith moments after he was stood over the top of Jonny Hayes shouting in his * face as he was down injured from the wee * tackling him. Where the * is the heart, the passion, the desire?

Charlatans
    - plenty of them in our team/squad right now - Boyata pretending to be a CB (bullied horrendously by wee Harvey, adding in the drama he caused prior to our play off earlier in the season), Ntcham pretending to be a midfielder, Lustig pretending to be full back/defender

Imposter - well, one only need look at Sinclair. A rather befitting moniker without argument.

We have won the League Cup. We are still top of the league (only just) with a game in hand, and we are still in the Scottish Cup as it stands, but we are not EN ROUTE to any treble. This season if we want at least a double then efforts must be doubled - by both players AND management! Rodgers has already dropped points to obviously a rookie manager on Saturday there, dropped points to a * P.E teacher against St. Mirren (yet again with baffling tactical changes and unimaginable changes) amongst others. We have been so far off the boil this season it's been unbelievable, and it's been there for all to see since last season - questionable tactics, sticking with lost causes/players, horrendous recruitment and questionable mentalities.

Aye you say it's "not bad for a team of Charlatans and imposters" but aye we're that good that everyone and their dug knows changes are needed....

Happy New Year indeed btw.

clonbhoy, KRS-1888, Grace and 2 others like this.
  9. Bob Loblaw Gold Member Gold Member

They haven't drastically improved though. We've regressed and what is in reality a pretty poor Sevco side totally outplayed us.

As you say, if the board don't invest wisely after that wake up call then they never will.

10. DaveKing'seye

This ^^^

11. georgiebhoy

Fav Celtic Player:
    paul mc stay
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Celtic symphony
    Didn't see the game as was at a wedding, recorded it but deleted it as soon as I got home. From what I've heard and read then we had an off day and the huns played the game of their lives, that happens sometimes in football,, on the law of averages then they had to win at some stage. Hopefully this is the kick up the * that the club need to push the boat out and guarentee us the league. You know that slippyG was promised a big transfer kitty over at ipox or he wouldn't have came

12. Seán Mac D Gold Member Gold Member

There's nothing cringe about the thread title.

We are being short-changed massively and not just by the players. The board, management, scouting and physio department are all underperforming too.

If Saturday's performance was in isolation then I agree it would be hyperbolic to react like that however we all know that's just not the case. Since Hearts destroyed us 4-0 in December 2017 to end our 69 game unbeaten streak we've had many shambolic performances. The pride and resilience to get to that feat have all seemed to be abandoned as we can now no longer win 4 domestic games on the trot. For a club with our budget that is deplorable.

We will still get those who say we will canter to the title easily even though we're on level points with a hun side put together on a shoestring budget of bosmans and loan deals. I don't subscribe to that view. That arrogance is exactly why we're in the state we are at the moment despite having a huge financial advantage and years of stability.

Thankfully we're now at the January transfer window and will know come the 1st February whether Rodgers will be here long-term. If it's another window with loan deals, development projects and stop gaps then Rodgers will not be sticking around for much longer.

Irrespective of how the next 6 months pan out - and I'm fully aware we could potentially win another domestic treble - we need to have a full, honest appraisal of performances throughout the club.

What are the short, medium and long-term targets of the board? Is our current approach helping or hindering us to work towards these targets?

Bonuses should only be dished out if there are appreciable improvements at the club not simply just a continuation of us being slightly better than domestic opposition that are operating on a fraction of our budget. This has to be a watershed season for the club. Mediocrity should no longer be tolerated or rewarded.

Last edited: Dec 31, 2018
    clonbhoy, KRS-1888, Rydo1888* and 6 others like this.
  13. Eazey

I wish people would stop being so demanding of instant gratification.
    That's not how it works. The team with second highest budget away from home was always going to be our toughest test. To expect to demolish them every time is naive.

I agree with a few mistakes but the simple answer is there was very little choice due to circumstances and injuries. Pretty sure Brendan knows more about our squad and their fitness than anyone else.

Meh, maybe im mental. I just dont see it as this big event. Felt like a daft scrappy defeat against another run of the mill SPL team.
    We all know we have a few more gears in this team. We just didnt use them this time.

14. Free the Adblock Gold Member Gold Member

Spot on, Pad !

15. McChiellini..

Fav Celtic Song:
    For those who are in love.....
    It was a big event..

We could've finished their season for good. 1 final performance and off on their hols laughing..

Not only did they fail but they failed miserably. We were beaten, pumped and bullied. An all too familiar away day feeling..

You're half right that it felt like a run of the mill SPL defeat, because we've been accustomed to being pumped away at absolute * this season already on too many occasions and by the looks of it, will continue to be..

16. Mr Shelby Moderator Moderator Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Larsson. Forever and always.
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Symphony
    It was a horrific performance.

I wasn't expecting a win in all honesty but Christ that performance was miserable.

Imagine sitting off them like that. As soon as I had witnessed that opening 10 mins I knew it wasn't going to happen.

Been saying it for months but we need like 6 new first team players minimum and Rodgers needs to drop the favouritism.

We just seem to be ticking along thinking everything is dandy. Football has been inconsistent for around 2 years now.

Can only hope this might be another wake up call on the brink of a MASSIVE January window. If it doesn't shake things then we should really worry.

Grace and Rydo1888* like this.
  17. ddub11

A thread with honest opinions which some agree and some disagree,we were not just beaten we were well beaten and the majority of our players were *.
    They deserve the criticism they get in the same way we praise them when the play well.

Some on here saying we will still win the league maybe we will but thats a maybe so it does not mean we should just ignore that * performance.
    Some of players bottled it and they need reminding(dropping or more)that thats not acceptable.

Rodgers seems to be above criticism to some on here,we all know and love what he has done in the past but thats in the past,lets hope he can get a response from the players and if not then they go or he go,s.

Mr. Slippyfist likes this.
  18. Bhoyyo

Fav Celtic Player:
    Forrest
    Fav Celtic Song:
    jelly & icecream when rangers die
    I took a look at the stats and I gotta admit you're kinda right. After the 0-0 against them at Celtic Park on 30 December 2017, Rangers stood on 40 points from 22 games, Celtic stood on 51 from 20 games. So yes, it does look like they are around the same place as last season. Celtic now have 42 points from 20 games. So yeah, the difference does seem to be in Celtic's regression. Sad

19. Grace

It was a disgraceful performance and there are players who should have been punted down London road months before we even played they ugly *.

"B-b-but we'll win the league at a canter" - * UP. Open your eyes, this is * pish. Aside from 3 or 4 outstanding displays we have been * chronic for over a year.

dmccourt95 and ddub11 like this.
  20. MartinoBianco

The most Epic, on the money post of 2018.

my hat off to you for posting all of that.

I can only argue on one point, and I will.

Brendan Rodgers came in, thrown in after we lost to the Hun in the semi final of the Scottish cup in 2016. Sevco then went on to lose the final, delectably, to Hibs. What followed Celtic's loss? A treble, without losing a single * GAME in a season. Another treble the next season, and we are still on for a TREBLE TREBLE, something I never thought I would see in my lifetime.

Brendan Rodgers has earned more than enough Brownie points with this Celtic love affair to * up one Old firm game - but he WASN'T BACKED when he told our money men Dembele needed replacing. The Eduoard club-record signing didn't deflect from that. I have even a wee tiny glimmer of thought that, has we beaten Rangers the other day, he would have went to the board and asked for cash for about 7 positions he needs to strengthen and be told to * off pal, we are top of the league by 6 points, with a game in hand, and in the last 32 in Europa League - get on with it pal. Losing that game stregthens his hand at a key moment in our Ten in a Row bid. Rodgers is a fan first - he knows that.
    EDIT. I am not suggesting he threw the game, but he was clever enough to know were we to play kinda * and look like we needed money spent as the Hun were improving - he would get cash.

So enough with your Rodgers is a * clown bullshit. I trust in Brendan to sort this mess out, and he WILL.

HAIL HAIL