1. Having trouble logging in by clicking the link at the top right of the page? Click here to be taken to the log in page.
    Dismiss Notice

Would celtic try to take legal action about gers 9IAR

Discussion in 'Celtic Chat' started by leeso-ardoyne, Feb 13, 2012.

Discuss Would celtic try to take legal action about gers 9IAR in the Celtic Chat area at TalkCeltic.net.

1. leeso-ardoyne

To the mods-this thread is about what we can do about this case because i wouldnt want it getting moved to rangers chat and getting lost in that thread.

Im interested to know what celtic could do about trying to get some of the gers titles striped of them for using illegal money to gain the upper hand over us while winning them or is this even possible. I remember juve got stripped of some of their titles when they got caught breaking the rules in italy so do you recon we have a case.

I do hope that DD and PL will be watching to see what the outcome will be with their tax case before they make their move.

Could you imagine the atmosphere at the games if we did get a poisitive outcome and get at least one of their 9IAR gets stripped. The huns would be sick as * because this is one honour i know the * are proud off. In any other country they would get striped in a heart beat because its teh right thing to do but we allknow what scotland is like ffs.

2. ILoveTheCeltic

Fav Celtic Player:
    Kieran Tierney
    It doesnt have anything to do with then the EBTS were used from 2000-2007. Nothing will be done about anything won then either, their punishment will be going out of business which is much worse than losing any past titles :icon_mrgreen:

3. die_hard_bhoy

Fav Celtic Player:
    Larsson, Boruc
    Fav Celtic Song:
    YNWA, Fields
    Also it wouldn't be worth it to pay lawyers to fight it out because we would get nothing out of it. The courts would not rule that rangers had to hand over their winnings to us and even if they did we would be the last in a long line of creditors.

4. leeso-ardoyne

I dont want their winnings, i want them to be striped of some of their titles so we are the only ones with the honest record. Does these cases not go back to 1997, im near sure they do

5. greengrocer

Fav Celtic Player:
    Mjallby, Larsson, Lambert
    Aye the EBT's didn't get used until 2000, by which time we were pumping them.
    Couldn't even win by cheating.

6. MaaaaaarK

Fav Celtic Player:
    Efe ambrose
    Fav Celtic Song:
    You'll never walk alone
    Was thinking something similar,the orcs are ofcourse going to give it ''Celtic didn't win the title we gave them it blah blah''pish,in that case there 9 in a row is false.

7. Jeannie960 Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Daizen Maeda
    The thing is they didn't just cheat us they cheated everyone else. A lot of clubs suffered as a result of their aggressive domination of Scottish football. I don't think we will get anywhere trying to make them pay back ...........it's too much water under the bridge now. All we need to do is to stay at the top for as long as we can and let us be the ones going for 54+ titles. :50:

8. Ferry1888

Fav Celtic Player:
    Henrik
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Wille Maley
    what they did isn't outside of the laws of scottish football therefore there's zero chance of them being stripped of their trophies they won

9. kingkenny

10. Vinnie BBQ Justice is lost Justice is raped Justice is gone.

They can keep their fake titles for all i care.

11. Sparda

Fav Celtic Player:
    The King of Kings
    Fav Celtic Song:
    The Fields of Athenry
    No, * their bought titles. Now is the time to get 10 IAR, if ever we were going to do it. I'm not interested any other alternate way of equaling their league titles or thumping their 9 IAR.

12. CheGuevara

Fav Celtic Player:
    Danny McGrain
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Grace
    The EBT scandal came after the 9IAR era, and if there were any retrospective title stripping episodes, they would not be affected.

13. butch

there would be nothing wrong with the supporters groups, taking them and the SFA,and ueffa to court.
    over, illegal practices.

14. PaulM1888 Moderator Moderator Gold Member

Why bother? Their 'success' is tainted, absolutely hollow history which might just be confined to the annals of time shortly.

15. joydivision

You reeeaaaallllyyyy think Rangers have a hollow history? Really? I hate Rangers as much as the next person, but their team over the last 100 years or so seems to have plenty of history to me, most of it intertwined with ours. For every good guy, you need a villain don't you.

Also, regarding the original post, I have to say I find that petty, pordering on pathetic. Taking ooollllddddd news to court. We should be thinking about future titles, not past ones.

16. Sean Daleer Free Palestine Gold Member

You sound really sore in that post...

what is their history? Lets have a look.

A sectarian signing policy, a european win of a cup that doesn't even exist anymore and a club who's fans couldn't give a * about their footballing past, they only want to sing songs that lord it over Catholics/Irish/Celtic fans and ignore these so called "heroes" that they have.

the only history they are interested in is from 300 odd years ago.

* the huns and all who sink in her :50:

Last edited by a moderator: Feb 14, 2012
  17. mityboosh

Fav Celtic Player:
    HENRIK,CHRISSY,LUBO and the MBB
    Fav Celtic Song:
    GRACE

:hi5:

18. LB

Fav Celtic Player:
    Current - Hooper ,All Time -"Jinky"
    Fav Celtic Song:
    The Celtic song
  19. PaulM1888 Moderator Moderator Gold Member

Yes mate. Yes I do.

20. Hammy89 Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Larsson, McNamara, Moravčík, Boruc and Boyd
    Fav Celtic Song:
    YNWA, Fields Of Athenry and The Celtic Song
    Well at least 15 years of that last 100years history was bought illegally. 15% is a large chunk of history. so large in fact that they may have to pay it by sacrificing their future.

Would like to see it happen but it won't.