1. Having trouble logging in by clicking the link at the top right of the page? Click here to be taken to the log in page.
    Dismiss Notice

[Link] Shay Given

Discussion in 'Transfer Rumours' started by SharkyBhoy, Aug 13, 2010.

Discuss Shay Given in the Transfer Rumours area at TalkCeltic.net.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. bhoy81

from parkhead glasgow but now live in merseyside

he wants to play football and at man city he will not be playing will he? he started 1 game last season in the league cup he is not getting any younger.....

or he can sit on the bench doing * all and collecting a big wage, but he had said all season he needs to be playing football, this is his chance lennon has said he wants to try and get him in, also man city said they do not want to sell players to other clubs around them in the EPL ie like bellamy last season

2. Dazza

Fav Celtic Player:
    Boruc
    I don't see your point. Ultimately it's not his choice whether he leaves City or not. He'll have to sit tight and be professional (which is what he is doing with that statement) until a price is agreed between 2 clubs and he is certain he can move...

Also, he was injured for just about the whole of last season.

3. bhoy81

he has said all of last season he needs to be playing football, and at man city the start of last season macini said joe hart is number one so given was on the bench and that had nothing to do with given picking up knocks and so on

now at the end of the season he said yet again he may need to leave city to get first team football, can you see where am coming from, also he was not out for the whole season, he done his shoulder the season before and mancic then said about hart

he had no problem saying before he needs to leave to play football, why change it now by saying that??? you see where am coming from

Last edited by a moderator: Jun 11, 2011
  4. Dazza

Fav Celtic Player:
    Boruc
    Ok I know what you're saying but surely then he hasn't changed anything? He said "it's something you don't want to jump off ship if you don't have to" Well he has to jump off ship since he isn't getting games and that's what he wants. What's the problem?

5. bhoy81

i like how you cut some of it out

Man City is a big club going places with fantastic owners and it's something you don't want to jump off ship if you don't have to

thats my problem the club are going places, yes shay but you are not cause your on the bench not playing

6. JnrBhoy

Fav Celtic Player:
    Moravcik Maloney McGeady
    Fav Celtic Song:
    You'll Never Walk Alone
    :56:
    [​IMG]
    as soon as the guy finishes his question about playing for celtic.. he looks away to his right (tell tale sign hes hiding something!) then looks straight at the reporter and gives the biggest cheeziest smile ever! then looks away to his left (tell tale sign hes going to make something up! ) and starts to answer lol

im no psychologist just a parent, and you can just tell when this happens.. I'd say he knows he's coming!

Last edited by a moderator: Jun 11, 2011
  7. Dazza

Fav Celtic Player:
    Boruc
    :56: cheek to pull me up for cutting bits out when you cut out the bit in the article when he talks about Celtic being a great club/great history/great supporters. Not the mention he fact he says he misses playing :56:

Anyway, let's not sign a world class player because he thinks Man City are a club going places...

8. bhoy81

pot calling the kettle, see how simple it's done to try and twist things in your favor.... :56: 2 can play that game

but aye lets wait for a guy who may jump ship and be happy to sit on the bench when he said he wants first team football

9. Dazza

Fav Celtic Player:
    Boruc
    Where did he say he's happy to sit on the bench at city? Also, it's not his choice whether he moves or not.

Who do you want instead of Given?

10. bhoy81

so it's not his choice if he wants to move clubs... i think it's all down to him with player power don;t you think, if a player wants to move then they will do

we can go back and forward all day long and not agree, you see it one way and i see it another way, lets face it he is doing a coaching badge not on holiday he could get the deal done ASAP don't you think?

if not him we should have gone all out for westwood but it looks like he may now go to sunderland, if not him we can always try for stipe pletikosa who is not wanted at his club

who would you go for if given wants to stay at city on the bench?

11. Dazza

Fav Celtic Player:
    Boruc
    It's really not up to the player though is it? If City decide he's staying, then he's staying. If Celtic decide they don't want him, then he's staying. That's why he has had to say City are a good club etc.

Given didn't say he wants to stay on the bench at City. In fact he said the opposite, so I think we'll get him.

Like you said, this is going in circles. This will be my last post on it :celt_2:

12. bhoy81

come on dazza your not that naive, if a player wants to move he will do, it's clear that lennon wants him, he even said about thompson in his ear, city have said that hart is number one

also mancini has to slash the wage bill, and even given has said he needs first team football

yes we can go on about and this is my last post about it also

13. magoo

Fav Celtic Player:
    Jinky/ Henrik
    Fav Celtic Song:
    The Fields
    What I am hoping for is a loan deal for a year, with the option to buy cheap, after the loan deal expires. This would suits us down to tee, lets see how fit he actualy is, bearing in mind he has ops on his shoulders. But my position is clear, I'd love Given to come to us, I think, he is a world class keeper, and I'm desperate to see him keep goal for us

14. Sonny Crockett

Fav Celtic Player:
    Alan Stubbs/Jackie Mac
    Fav Celtic Song:
    The Billy Bhoys

I hope your right!!!!!!!!!!!

15. Mevin Gold Member Gold Member

Someones been playing la noir too much

16. ether67

Fav Celtic Player:
    henrik, paolo, pierre, boruc
    Fav Celtic Song:
    let the people sing/the holy goalie/hail hail
    Back pages today , mail or and news of the world. City selling given and bellers. No loan moves. Looks. like we wont be getting any according to them. Also, cuellar so close to sogning for the manky mob oh and kayal wanted by a Spanish team. Trying to wreck our day and make theirs. *.

17. shendr18

18. Conor1994

No one would pay that.

19. alsybhoy

Fav Celtic Player:
    boruc, larrson,lubo,jinky,
    Fav Celtic Song:
    let the people sing,ynwa,sean south,on the one road
    just seen that there shendr!

22m for a player of 35 which doesnt get a game now! and a player of 32! is utter farical big time. i think someone there has his/her/its heed up there * tbh.

20. Conor1994

That entire league has its head up its *.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.