1. Having trouble logging in by clicking the link at the top right of the page? Click here to be taken to the log in page.
    Dismiss Notice

Zola gone

Discussion in 'World Football' started by holy pope, Dec 16, 2013.

Discuss Zola gone in the World Football area at TalkCeltic.net.

1. holy pope

Fav Celtic Player:
    All time Larsson, Currently KI
    Fav Celtic Song:
    The Fields of Athenry
    The watfordfc Board has accepted the resignation of Head Coach Gianfranco Zola. Open letter from GZ to fans here: http://www.watfordfc.com/news/article/131216-zola-resignation-1240083.aspx
    IT is with great sadness that the Board of Watford Football Club has accepted the resignation of Head Coach Gianfranco Zola.

Watford FC wishes to place on record its sincere gratitude to Gianfranco for his achievements at Vicarage Road, and for always acting with the utmost dignity and grace.

The Board fully respects his decision and Gianfranco will be welcome at Watford Football Club at any time in the future.

There will be no further comment from Watford FC or any individual at this time.

From Gianfranco Zola to all Watford supporters:

I am writing this today with a very heavy heart and after a lot of consideration, to tell you that I have resigned from my Head Coach position at Watford.

First of all, this decision has not been made quickly. I mentioned after the game on Saturday that I wanted to think about things overnight and that is exactly what I have done.

I must place Watford Football Club first in my thoughts and it is for this reason that I have taken my action.

I feel that it is in the best interests of the team that somebody new is given the chance to bring the success which we have all hoped for and worked very hard for.

It is for a variety of reasons, and not just over one matter or one moment, that I feel this is the right decision for me, in the best interests of the club - and I know I can trust you, the supporters, to respect my decision fully.

Last season was such an amazing time, for the players, the staff and the supporters. And I loved that journey. Every minute of it brought a new challenge, different experiences and a lot of learning.

I have had supporters tell me that the Leicester game in May was the most amazing moment in their time supporting their club.

I will always remember having been welcomed so warmly to this wonderful football club, to have been supported so fully and to have been able to share moments of excitement and joy that will always live with me.

But this game does not wait and does not stop. There is always the next challenge and a new environment ahead which means nothing is ever the same.

For now, I want to wish the players, the staff, the fans and everyone else who has Watford Football Club at heart my best wishes for the future.

It has been a privilege and a pleasure to serve this club and I am sure we will see each other again one day.

Best wishes,

Gianfranco

Now Zola has gone!!! Resigned not sacked though.

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 16, 2013
  2. Cofi#12-CFC1888

Fav Celtic Player:
    Scott Brown, Kieran Tierney
    Fav Celtic Song:
    The Celtic symphony
    * *, in one day AVB, Zola and Đukić are all gone. :smiley-laughing002: I can see Zola taking West Brom job.

3. AJ Styles Moussa Dembele's eyes Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Scott Sinclair
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Fields of Athenry
    Never rated Zola he's been found out now that all the loan signings he had have disappeared I reckon he will go to Sunderland now and assist Poyet

4. Sean Daleer Free Palestine Gold Member

Thought he was deed going by the title.

5. Al Bootyerbaws

I always remember when Zola got the sack from West Ham there was reporters camped outside his house all day and it was on sky sports news.

While the guy was reporting live back to the studio, Zola came out his front door. If this was me I`d have told them all to * off or even took the Maradonna aproach and shot the *. :smiley-laughing002:

Zola came out with cups of tea and coffee and biscuits for them all, made sure everybody had a drink as it was a cold day, apologised that he couldn`t answer any questions then made his way back inside.

Was only a wee small gesture but he didn`t have to do that and for some reason it stuck in my head.

Great player and good guy it seems, so I hope he does well wherever he goes next.

6. Clint Eastwood The Good Bad and Ugly of TC

:smiley-laughing002: That's absolutely class.

It's a shame another job hasn't worked out for him, he's a guy who you'd really like to see succeed just because of his nice personality.

7. HoopswithPride

Fav Celtic Player:
    Paul "The Maestro" McStay
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Hail, Hail
    Zola and Clarke are good friends, both lose managerial positions within days of each other.