1. Having trouble logging in by clicking the link at the top right of the page? Click here to be taken to the log in page.
    Dismiss Notice

Zlatan: "Rooney should sign for PSG"

Discussion in 'World Football' started by Just Kieran, Apr 4, 2013.

Discuss Zlatan: "Rooney should sign for PSG" in the World Football area at TalkCeltic.net.

1. Just Kieran Gold Member Gold Member

2. TimFloyd Gold Member

I think it could do Rooney good to move out of England.

3. Clint Eastwood The Good Bad and Ugly of TC

Where would he play, Lavezzi and Pastore basically play similar roles.

It'd be interesting, I am actually convinced Fergie won't mind losing Rooney if he gets decent money for him. We've seen in the past while Kagawa, RvP and Welbeck even seem to be slightly ahead in the pecking order in terms of the consistent number of games they're involved with.

4. Just Kieran Gold Member Gold Member

I remember at Euro 2004 thinking they would be amazing together.

Zlatan had that lazy, elegant style and was brilliant technically. Rooney was more explosive, perpetual motion and just as brilliant. They both had brilliant link-up play and I just thought they would complement each other brilliantly.

5. Sonny7

Agree, a move out of England would do Rooney really well.

6. AwesomeCaz

Fav Celtic Player:
    Rogic
    They're both pretty greedy although Rooney has got better than that and we all know Zlatan doesn't like anyone being the bigger star than him, that's why he left Barca. I could not see him and Ronney getting on together at all, either on or off the pitch.

Would certainly be an interesting combination though.

7. PaulM1888 Moderator Moderator Gold Member

It's a move I could see happening purely because Fergie has had his use out of Rooney and now is probably the time to sell him - especially now RVP is there and scoring freely.

Anything over £25 million he'd be away imo.

8. Rtw

Rooney's not the player everyone thought he'd be at this point. He's one of those who, whilst good, very good infact, he'll never be in the top couple of players in the world, and won't drag a team to a title or World Cup. I don't see him leaving Utd, though, just because they'd need to replace him, and I wouldn't know who they'd even look at to replace him.

9. Heisenberg

Are you kidding on? Rooney publicly stated he wanted to leave Man Utd and Fergie (if any other player would have punted them a mile) gave him a bumper contract!

10. PaulM1888 Moderator Moderator Gold Member

I take it you are unaware how Ferguson operates?

11. Heisenberg

Anyone that takes the huff usually gets punted e.g RVN, Beckham, didn't happen with Rooney.

How exactly does he work then? I can't see Rooney being sold, infact there is no chance he'll be sold to PSG.

12. Just Kieran Gold Member Gold Member

Rooney is a more complete player now, but he was way more exciting when he burst on to the scene.

He was different, and he had a wee temper on him. Just a chubby, spotty kid who had absolutely no fear. He was excellent in Euro 2004.

13. Sonny7

That was a couple of years ago. Back then a thought United would struggle without but now I don't. Fergie probably knows this aswell

14. Just Kieran Gold Member Gold Member

I can see Rooney seeing out his career at United.

I doubt he causes a problem for Fergie in the dressing room. You don't see him moaning when he sits on the bench, or when he has to play out of position. He leads by example on the pitch, and is a potential match-winner.

Unless the money is daft, I can't see it.

15. PaulM1888 Moderator Moderator Gold Member

You've just assumed it hasn't happened with Rooney. There is every chance he will be away in the Summer.

There is also every chance he would sign for PSG as there is for Man City or Chelsea or any other artificially wealthy club.

16. Heisenberg

It obviously hasn't happened, he got gifted a bumper contract that apparently doubled his salary after he spat the dummy out of the pram.

I can't see him signing for any of them clubs, can't see him leaving man utd at all under fergie.

17. holy pope

Fav Celtic Player:
    All time Larsson, Currently KI
    Fav Celtic Song:
    The Fields of Athenry
    He never gave him a bumper contract , he got the same offer that was always on the table from that summer , even in the press con when Fergie said Rooney told him he wanted to leave he made it clear his door was always open and the same offer would remain on the table .

18. Heisenberg

If it was any other player the offer would have been withdrawn. Special treatment for golden boy

19. Jamesy Bhoy 7

Fav Celtic Player:
    Kayal
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Youll Never Walk Alone/ Fields of Athenry
    Wouldnt rule it out totally although i dont see it happening, people are under the impression that RVP is a much better striker/player than rooney when in truth theres very little evidence to back that up, as strikers theyre isnt much between them, maybe RVP slightly edges it........ however as a player i still see Rooney as utds best player, as a striker hes proven before he can more less match RVPs record and as a supporting player sitting between the Forwards and midfield hes among the worlds best in that role. Thats my opinion though im guessing SAF see's it differently i just dont think this current utd team or in recent years is as effective without him.

20. ILoveTheCeltic

Fav Celtic Player:
    Kieran Tierney
    I think Rooney needs a fresh start to awaken him again. He's gone stale now and isnt the hardworking and creative player that he once was. One of the guys on ESPN summed it up a couple of weeks ago on Press Pass when they said you used to look to Rooney for a big of excitement and magic but nowadays you dont even hope for it as he doesnt do it anymore.

The best years of his career for me where 2006, 2007 and 2008, his goalscoring peaked in 2009 but that was a sign of his turn from roaming industrious creative player to plain striker who scored goals and each year since then hes got less and less effective.