1. Having trouble logging in by clicking the link at the top right of the page? Click here to be taken to the log in page.
    Dismiss Notice

Zinedine Ferhat

Discussion in 'Transfer Rumours' started by The Thumb, Dec 31, 2021.

Discuss Zinedine Ferhat in the Transfer Rumours area at TalkCeltic.net.

1. Sentinel

With you 100%. Any time you hear this about a player they are guaranteed to do the same further down the line. Bunch of overpaid little prima donna *.

2. Henrik 07 Gold Member Gold Member

Zinedine Ferhat is reportedly trying to secure a quick move to Celtic after a training no show.

The 28-year-old playmaker, understood to be a target for the Hoops, failed to show up for French club Nimes' most recent practice session as he tries to force a transfer to Glasgow.

The Algerian international, who signed for the Ligue 2 outfit from Le Havre in 2019, is reportedly on Celts boss Ange Postecoglou's radar.

Ferhat is out of contract at the end of the season and, according to reports in France, is keen to maneuver his way out of Nimes in January rather than wait till the summer for his Scottish Premiership switch.

Objectif Gard claim the 12-times capped man - who is attracting interest from Ligue 1 sides Montpellier and St Etienne - is a wantaway and has taken matters into his own hands to try to get his move to Celtic.

The in-demand midfielder has supposedly told his agent to find him a new club and has returned to Algeria to "to recharge his batteries" ahead of a potential move away from Nimes.

He may negotiate a pre-contract switch now, but it appears Ferhat has burned his bridges in France and is dead set on a move to Parkhead.

Last edited: Jan 4, 2022
    Pearse67* and CountyDownFaithful like this.
  3. McChiellini..

Fav Celtic Song:
    For those who are in love.....
    Interesting..

That's a couple of report's that have us leading the race or him trying to force a move here over the last couple of day's..

4. Big Shoes Tictok Gold Member

True but it could be a pile of * we just don’t know

5. bhoy_wonder Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    King of kings
    Fav Celtic Song:
    JCGE
    I get that he wants to join us but this refusing to train to force a move is concerning tbh.

6. Hammy89 Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Larsson, McNamara, Moravčík, Boruc and Boyd
    Fav Celtic Song:
    YNWA, Fields Of Athenry and The Celtic Song
    On the face of it it's not nice or appealing to get a player in that has that in their locker.

However, we don't know what is going on behind the scenes. He may have been promised a move away that hasn't gone his way. We have no idea.

Doesn't look good though professionally.

7. HTG "I have an uncle who does Yoga"

Fav Celtic Player:
    CCV
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Let the people sing
    On the one hand, aye, it's a bit * if he's refusing to train for a move.

On the other hand, it's so he can move to us, he's a hero in my book

Dannybhoy81 likes this.
  8. McChiellini..

Fav Celtic Song:
    For those who are in love.....
    Aye I don't like that kinda attitude but this will be a big move for him..

Just watched his video again there and he does look really talented and a physical presence for someone so skillful going forward..

Is he more of a 10 or inverted left winger?

9. craigtheceltic

Fav Celtic Player:
    Tom
    Yeah I hate it when players do this. You signed a contract, then honour it. This shitehousery will follow him and will appear at some point when he doesn’t get his way. Toxic.

The_Bhoy likes this.
  10. RalstonFanClubPresident

Fav Celtic Player:
    Antoni Ralstonovic
    This fella looks good, but could imagine him being the type to attempt a back heel pass to Joe Hart from the halfway line just for the * of it:56:

The_Bhoy likes this.
  11. Westlondonscot Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Calmac
    We need our players to be fit straight away, we've seen 2 of our strikers join us after doing no training. It's a * attitude and who's to say he won't pull the same * with us.

12. LectersLuncheon

Fav Celtic Player:
    Henke
    Fav Celtic Song:
    all of them
    St Etienne have cooled their interest.

His parent club want completely shot of him and are refusing loan offers.

13. Foley1888

I saw this article on him written last year doing a bit of in depth analysis on his playing style and attributes.

My one note of caution would be it was written early in the 20/21 season, so i suspect it is based on a fairly limited sample size but there is a lot to like.

He sounds like a very intelligent footballer, good at finding space and has the vision to notice teammates moving into space. A good dribbler with strong technique and ability making him able to beat his man one v one, a good standard of crossing and accuracy.

Physically he sounds quite impressive, good acceleration, strong for his size so can hold of players and isn’t easy for full backs to dribble past, has a decent engine so can press and doesn’t just pass up his defensive duties. He also is strong at aerial duels for a winger meaning you can play long balls to him and he can win them to transition quickly.

If someone asked me for the type of winger we could be doing with his profile does sound very close to what I would come back with. It has shown with Jota out that we don’t have another winger who is good on the ball and capable of creating an opportunity through their dribbling ability and creativity.

Last season was his best but the season before that seems pretty reasonable too for his first in ligue 1 and his two seasons in ligue 2 before that were very productive so it’s not like a Giakoumakis one season wonder. I think he would be a good addition to what we currently have and definitely a better option than Boyle.

We could still look to sign Gudmundsson as a versatile winger on a bosman for a summer arrival especially if Johnston does go out on loan and doesn’t perform and Dembele leaves. That only leaves us with Abada, Jota (if he signs), Maeda (yet to see if he’s a winger or striker) and Forrest who has his injury issues.

https://ligue1analysis.com/zinedine...al-analysis-tactics/analysis/player-analysis/

14. Mr Shelby Moderator Moderator Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Larsson. Forever and always.
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Symphony
    He sounds like the kind of player that could flourish in an attack minded side.

29 soon but that doesn't bother me too much as creative players can sometimes go a bit longer without relying on legs.

Interesting he isn't really a no10 though. So him and Wolf could be a possibility.

15. Foley1888

Yeah he plays as a winger off the right but can also play off the left if needs to. I could imagine if he lost his burst of pace over the next two years he could easily play as a 10.

I would think him and Wolf shouldn’t be out the question of both being signed Wolf would be a 8,10 or left wing option and Ferhat more a right wing or could be left if required.

Was also looking back in the 17/18 season he had 5 goals and 20 assists in 35 games in ligue 2, 18/19 he had 5 goals and 9 assists in 35; 19/20 3 goals 4 assists in in 26 games but that was ligue 1 and last year 6 goals 10 assists in 33 in ligue 1 so he’s been playing pretty well for a number of seasons.

Mr Shelby likes this.
  16. craigtheceltic

Fav Celtic Player:
    Tom
    I’ve said it before, he’s the Algerian Rogic. Sounds like he has a bit more pace so plays further forward, but I think he could definitely slot in to Rogic’s position. Would you play them in the same side since they are so similar? Wouldn’t really matter because we play so many games.

17. oh bhoy

24 goals in 285 app in about a decade of football .buying players like this is exactly how you end up with a bloated squad you can't shift

18. Blochairnbhoy

Fav Celtic Player:
    Scott Sinclair
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Grace
    What’s the assists like?

19. oh bhoy

I don't know according to foley1888 in the last 4 years is

Last edited: Jan 7, 2022
    Blochairnbhoy likes this.
  20. Dannybhoy81

Fav Celtic Player: