1. Having trouble logging in by clicking the link at the top right of the page? Click here to be taken to the log in page.
    Dismiss Notice

Zero Zero Zero

Discussion in 'TC Media' started by AwesomeCaz, Oct 3, 2020.

Discuss Zero Zero Zero in the TC Media area at TalkCeltic.net.

1. AwesomeCaz

Fav Celtic Player:
    Rogic
    Good watch for anyone who likes modern mafia and cartel shows, yet it's not as cheesy and action-packed as stuff like Narcos, Yankee or The Sopranos.
    I believe in the UK you can get it on Sky, thus far only 1 season and strangely not well publicised.

Very slick, well made programme which isn't particularly original but at least covers different countries and not the usual stuck in one place. I like the fact it's trilingual and the acting from all non-American characters is sound.

Anybody seen it?

trackebhoy likes this.
  2. _DannyBhoy_ Gold Member Gold Member

Was going to check this out because I read the other day that it was Roberto Saviano who wrote this and he also wrote Gomorrah.

I was a massive fan of the Gomorrah tv series so I just knew I had to check this out.

Also need to watch the Immortal film as well.

3. trackebhoy

Fav Celtic Player:
    ANDY THOM
    Fav Celtic Song:
    YNWA
    Watched it when it finished. Thought it was really good. As you said wasn't advertised very well.

4. AwesomeCaz

Fav Celtic Player:
    Rogic
    Not Gomorra level mate but tbh I don't think anything is except The Wire. Many of the same behind the scenes Gomorra people worked on this and you can tell from cinematography etc. L'immortale was decent too just a * finding english subtitles lol, must be about on DVD by now.

Also the Zero Zero Zero soundtrack is really nice and by Mogwai - good tims!

_DannyBhoy_ likes this.
  5. _DannyBhoy_ Gold Member Gold Member

I don’t normally watch a lot of Tv series but I was hooked on Gomorrah from the first episode. Definitely my favourite series ever. Can’t wait for the new season to come out!

I watched a couple of episodes of the Wire but I couldn’t really get into it. I was finding it really slow but a few people have told me to persist with it which I will. I have seen too many people recommend it to not give it a proper chance!

Didn’t know that. Will have to give the soundtrack a listen :50:

AwesomeCaz likes this.
  6. packybhoy Administrator Administrator Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Danny McGrain
    Maltese: The Mafia Detective is very good on E4. Part of the Walter Presents... It’s an Italian Series about the Sicilian Mafia in the 70s and from the makers of Gomorrah I believe.

AwesomeCaz and _DannyBhoy_ like this.
  7. _DannyBhoy_ Gold Member Gold Member

If it’s from the makers of Gomorrah it must be good! Will give this a try :50:

packybhoy likes this.
  8. Sonic Reducer

Fav Celtic Player:
    Mr Larsson
    Fav Celtic Song:
    The Celtic Symphony
    I can't find the L'immortale film anywhere...
    Anyone got a link?...I'm itching to see it.