1. Having trouble logging in by clicking the link at the top right of the page? Click here to be taken to the log in page.
    Dismiss Notice

Your matchday superstitions?

Discussion in 'Celtic Chat' started by LectersLuncheon, Dec 23, 2021.

Discuss Your matchday superstitions? in the Celtic Chat area at TalkCeltic.net.

1. Celtic_Daft1888

Fav Celtic Player:
    Scott Brown
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Broad Black Brimmer
    A regular home match day for me is pretty strict. Like, we do the same things. So we leave Dumfries at 11:30 for a game that kicks off at 3pm. Usually get up the road about 12:45-1pm.

We always park in same part of the car park, down from the doors at Asda. We always try get the same space(the far end one) but we never get that all the time.

Then, I always go for a pee, upstairs in the forge before lunch. Even if I don't need. My mum goes and gets a table at Bensons. But the bensons in the wee market area. Not the main one. We always eat the same thing. I have a tuna mayo and cheese wrap toasted and a regular chips and curry. My mum has a cheese and onion panini and a kids portion of chips and stewed gravy. Bottle of diet coke for me and a bottle of water for my mum.

Come out from there. Back to car for Hat, Scarf and gloves. Up the escalators in the forge and we both go for another pee. We then used to stop off at the wee newsagents upstairs and get a packet of green extra and a pack of polo mints. Unfortunately, that wee place shut down during COVID so we have started going to the bit across from Bensons.

Then we just walk to the stadium, I go through Turnstile 96 and my mum goes through Turnstile 94. 2 half time draw tickets with different letters. Then we used to put the scores on at the bookies inside before it shut down but we haven't done that since we came back. Was always £5 on 3-1 and 4-1 if it was a team in the top 6 and 4-0 and 5-0 if it was a team in the bottom 6.

Weird given my whole life I need evidence or * rationale to believe in something and here's me doing all that without a shred of common sense. Me not getting a tuna mayo and cheese wrap toasted will not mean Celtic get beat. Nothing to suggest it will but what if? Hahahaha... * stupid man but can't help it.

LectersLuncheon likes this.
  2. Samurai Bhoy

I never wear my Celtic jersey on match days, even noticed we’ve lost the last few times my kids wore them, so they’ve been banned from wearing them on match days too.

I watched 3 games over the past year with my Ozzy mate, and we’ve lost all 3.
    He invited to his gaff to watch the Huns game on the 2nd (before it got postponed)…I told him to get *! :67:

honda likes this.
  3. leeso-ardoyne

I refuse to wear last year's top. Any old tops I would laze about in the house in them but last year's I won't even touch it. My son's this year's top hadn't arrived yet and last week we were going out to watch the cup final and he was going to put it in him. Told him not a * chance. It's going to the bottom of my pile of all old Jersey's never to he touched again. Anytime I look at it it sickens me!

Anytime I go to watch Celtic, I always have my home jersey on. Either in pub or at the games (apart from if I'm going hospitality)

Can never relax untill I have my ticket in my pocket and it doesn't leave it. Protect it with my life.

If watching in the pub I always make sure I'm there well before kick off. Hate being late and always think I'm I'm late, were going to lose!

Any important games I always travel too or watch, have to have the rebels/Celtic tunes on. This is a must! Not even up for debate with anyone I'm with. It's a ritual!

When in the pub, if busting for a *, I refuse to go to the toilet untill half time because I know if I do, I'll miss a goal or someone will score against us! Same as when at the games.

4. leeso-ardoyne

The black bull. Which pub is this again. Used to drink in it years ago but now forget which one it is. Is that the old Norma jeans? Or just down from it?

5. Slaw Gold Member Gold Member

Superstitions are bollocks

6. Slaw Gold Member Gold Member

* bless you for my Xmas giggles

7. HTG "I have an uncle who does Yoga"

Fav Celtic Player:
    CCV
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Let the people sing
    My old man is a bit of an armchair supporter, 9 times out of 10 he either doesn't know the game is on, or isn't bothered.

Yet I swear to *, every time he takes interest in the game/watches it, we drop points. Only games he's watched this season were huns at home, Dundee united at home, Bayer away and St Mirren away.

Always get the fear when he starts commenting on the game :56:

LectersLuncheon, Rydo1888* and honda like this.
  8. LectersLuncheon

Fav Celtic Player:
    Henke
    Fav Celtic Song:
    all of them
    Ha! Ive an uncle like that!

The poor * not only scuds the hoops, but EVERY team my Da has a coupon for, and even Internationals. If he shows up to the pub or the house mid game, my Das reaction is like the Sky is falling! Goes apeshit! Openly calls him a scud * and tells him to * off until after the game

HTG likes this.
  9. LectersLuncheon

Fav Celtic Player:
    Henke
    Fav Celtic Song:
    all of them
    I thought the bull was closed ages ago

10. HTG "I have an uncle who does Yoga"

Fav Celtic Player:
    CCV
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Let the people sing
    Forgot to mention, I remember talking to him about both Livingston games a few days prior, confident as anything, and he's certain we'd drop points in them too!

I essentially hold him at fault for us failures this season, without him we'd be in the CL and top of the league :fear:

11. jake10

Fav Celtic Player:
    whoever is our new record spend
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Go on home british soldiers
    Pint in the supporters club on London road and never bet on huns as couldn’t live with myself and only back Celtic for last scorer to keep our many victories interesting until the final whistle, OH AND NEVER * EVER LEAVE EARLY, I drive back to leeds after the game so 90 minutes is never enough

12. Gioventu UTLR Gold Member

Touch the overhead door frame entering the stadium.

13. leeso-ardoyne

I wouldn't know. I was just in it with my da a few times years ago. Actually forgotten exactly where it was. But I also got it mixed up with the old Norma jeans/bar 67.

14. bhoy_wonder Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    King of kings
    Fav Celtic Song:
    JCGE
    Honestly, I never wear the jersey. Feel as if I'm a bad luck charm when I do.

15. leeso-ardoyne

I've mentioned this a few times on here but ya want to hear this one for a scuddy *. I've been to 7 Huns cup finals with us in it. The first 6 we were beat everytime! Went right back to Skol cup final 1990. The mates in Glasgow used to hate seeing me over when we played them in a final because they just knew we'd get beat haha. It took me 7 cup finals to actually see us beat them which was just before covid. 30 * years it was!