1. Having trouble logging in by clicking the link at the top right of the page? Click here to be taken to the log in page.
    Dismiss Notice

Your letter to Santa...

Discussion in 'Celtic Chat' started by LectersLuncheon, Oct 5, 2021.

Discuss Your letter to Santa... in the Celtic Chat area at TalkCeltic.net.

1. LectersLuncheon

Fav Celtic Player:
    Henke
    Fav Celtic Song:
    all of them
    Like the manager says, no one actually believed this rebuild would be done in one window.

In fact, given our boards propensity for dicking about... It might take four.

But with the next one creeping up, and Ange already putting the board on notice concerning targets, what takes priority?

Firstly, what do we need?

Secondly, what do we WANT?

Third, what will we actually get?

With Celtic, historically, in this window we wake up Xmas morning excited to unwrap that new PS5, but instead get a Wii. Or in some cases a * Commodore 64.

Need: CB, LB, DM, ST.

Want: CBx2, LB, DM, LW, RW, STx2.

Get: Striker and a left back.

The board will accept were light up front and need a new striker. Same for LB.

They won't sanction a CB after the outlay on Starfelt and the upcoming one for Vickers, counting on the return of Julien. Seeing a new Centre Mid is also doubtful as they probably think we have more than enough with Cal, Soto, McCarthy and Biton.

Thoughts?

2. MAP

Except for maybe 50% of the posters on here; I'd hazard a guess these same people also believe in Santa and the Easter bunny.

3. Marie Bookmaker

Fav Celtic Player:
    Them all!!!
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Grace
    Another non believer :rolleyes: Santa, the Easter Bunny and the Tooth Fairy are all very much real....you are a zoomer if you think otherwise.:p

Slaw, Creativecelt, packybhoy and 3 others like this.
  4. alex_bhoy

Fav Celtic Player:
    Larsson
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Boys Of The Old Brigade
    Agree an LB and striker (likely a loan) are most probable. Maybe loan Soro out and bring a more experienced DM in on loan?

Also, nothing wrong with a C64..

5. Heb Celt

2xCM,fast attacking types are what’s most needed.

Dublin Celt and JC Anton like this.
  6. JC Anton Get yer, hats, scarfs badges & tapes

Giakoumakis hasn't played yet, so it's difficult to say we need another ST without having a look at him..

We are crying our for 2 x CM who are capable of playing Ange's system, we need them to get up and down the park and protect the defence when we flood forward.. This is absolutely essential..

LB position is a concern as is cover at RB.. But unless we move on Bolingoli I can't see us strengthening at LB, we also need to see what Scales can do.. Would also like to see another RB, there's so much asked of the fullbacks in this system we need another option with Juranovic and Ralston..

If Scales and Giakoumakis hit the ground and make an impact, I'd be happy with two class dynamic CMs.. And even a quality loanee at RB..

7. Twisty Rodgers out !!! Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Lubo
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Celtic Symphony
    Jullien will help massively in the cb department. If we went all out for a quality lb and dm, that would go a long way to making us a far better team.

TheHappyLoss likes this.
  8. JML67 Gold Member Gold Member

I would sell one of Boli/Taylor if possible and get a LB in (no idea if scales is a LB or CB at this point).

Sell Ajeti and go for Nisbet from Hibs.

Sign an energetic midfielder who can go box to box.

Sign a centre half who can play with the ball at his feet more comfortably than Starfelt.

9. Seán Mac D Gold Member Gold Member

A new board that actually engages with fans and isn't shy in tackling corruption.

A DOF to implement a proper football structure.

An athletic ball-playing CB (Starfelt ain't it)

A technically good LB that can play the way Ange wants, tactically switched on and stronger defensively.

A Wanyama-style DM to protect the defence.

A box-to-box no.8 with mobility (badly needed)

A proven goalscorer to compete with Giakoumakis for 2nd/3rd choice eg. Nisbet

....and a partridge in a pear tree.

10. MAP

So old and out of touch I had to Google what a zoomer is (not so old I can't fathom how to use Google though).

Marie likes this.
  11. Marie Bookmaker

Fav Celtic Player:
    Them all!!!
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Grace
    :50:
    I just like to try fit in with the young team....although that probably isn't even a word they use now.

Creativecelt likes this.
  12. Heb Celt

Definitely a player or 2 coming in from the J League and I’ll bet they’ll be top drawer signings like Kyogo as their league will be done by then,Ange will have the pick of the crop.

13. martin_d

Fav Celtic Song:
    Willie Maley Song
    LB, DM, CM, LW.

…That’s presuming that Jullien comes back the player he was before (after maybe a handful of games of returning).

14. Leone Naka Fan

Fav Celtic Player:
    Nakamura, Moravčik, Petrov, Ki
    Fav Celtic Song:
    You'll Never Walk Alone
    New board, new fitness/medical department, a new analytics department, plus coaches for defense and set pieces. I'd settle for just one CB/DMF in the mould of Wanyama, if everything above was delivered.

Boruc17 and Dan Breen like this.
  15. Officer Doofy Come to me, human man Gold Member

We need an entirely new and modern set up behind the scenes. On the pitch…

CB with pace and can pass a ball.

LB because we currently have 4 and none of them are good enough (well, it’s not looking good for Scales)

CDM to allow McGregor to move further up the pitch from time to time.

CM with energy and pace.

ST who can come in for Kyogo. We won’t get one as good as him, but we need someone who plays in a similar style.

Would love us to sign Maeda from the J-League.

Dan Breen likes this.
  16. Wee Baldy

Fav Celtic Player:
    Henrik Larsson
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Walk On
    I think it would take more than Santa to give us that type of wish. I even think the good Lord himself would struggle to perform such a miracle. The loafs and fishes were a dawdle compared to what you want - especially when he would have to deal with Beelzebub (our board)

Last edited: Oct 5, 2021
  17. Jeffrey

I want that Maeda from Anges old team. He looks exactly like what we need. Really direct and has great drive.

18. thailandceltic From Immigration to Domination

Fav Celtic Player:
    Paddy
    Fav Celtic Song:
    hail hail
    A train set and a pair of Michelle Keegans underwear...

Mr Shelby and Buster like this.
  19. Westlondonscot Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Calmac
    A bit of speed for the midfield trio is a must. We have 4 left backs now (although I think Monty is better on the wing) so we won't be getting another. I also don't think another cb will come as when Jullien is back that will mean we have him, CCV, Welsh Starfelt and Murray. A striker will depend on how the Greek fella does.
    I don't think we will bring in much, if anything this January. What we do bring in will probably depend on any injuries we have.

20. packybhoy Administrator Administrator Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Danny McGrain
    Dear Daddy Christmas,

Could you please see fit to bring my team four world class players a new board of directors and the best management back room team in Europe. Please can I also have some magic Christmas dust to sprinkle on to our Europa league group and domestic league so we can top the tables. I would also like some stuff for other people. Firstly a miserable Xmas for the huns and can we get a nice kind bunch of coppers to shepherd our fans to and from away grounds and to finally release the movie they have been filming on their phones for the last 10 years. Everyone gets a surprise gift and I don’t like surprises, so can you just get me another liquidation down Ibrox way. Oh and one last thing I want is the Celtic away kit, socks and all.

Nice one Santa and lots of love big man.

Packybhoy :41:

Creativecelt likes this.